Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

I had a hard time with nausea with his Vitamins before the surgery... i would have to drink them with a LOT of Water, and now that's not an option, and I haven't be able to get them down at all. One sip and I gag, so I had to give up (shhh don't tell him lol). I do really like Dr. Sadek and all of the people he works with have been SUPER nice and helpful. I'm doing really well since the surgery, Other than with the vitamins I haven't really have any nausea, no vomiting at all... every now and then I'll test the waters with something I know I have no business having, but I seem to have been able to tolerate everything. How about you?

Hi how long ago did u have ur surgery? Im 3 weeks out & been at a stall for over a week. I to have been trying things i shouldn't , everything goes down well also. How many oz of Protein should we be eating, 2 or 4?

Hi all! I am close to 2 months post-op! I understand what you all are feeling. Remember these 4 words:

This Too Shall Pass!

The discomfort and pain is only temporary. When it gets tough remind yourself of where you have been and where you are headed! You will do great!

Congrats on your brave decision to have surgery!

God bless!

Thanks for the inspiration... how much have lost since surgery.

My 6-wk post op went great, got answers to all my burning questions, onward!

Dee

http://deekajungumbo.blogspot.com/2014/04/6-week-post-op-surgeon-visit.html

U are doing awesome, i luv the blog post.

Hi how long ago did u have ur surgery? Im 3 weeks out & been at a stall for over a week. I to have been trying things i shouldn't , everything goes down well also. How many oz of Protein should we be eating, 2 or 4?

I was sleeved on March 21, so I'm four weeks out and according to my doctors plan I should be getting 64 grams of protein, which now isn't too hard. I definitely more focused during the week when I have structure. I've been stalled for about a week and a half now. This weekend between easter and my son's birthday I have NOT been a good girl. Back on focus tomorrow, and exercise has started, so it'll work itself out I'm sure.

Hi everyone .. I am having so much trouble with my Vitamins. This just started in the last week... I was fine then all of a sudden my vitamins and Water are nauseating.. Also I have like a gnawing feeling in my stomach .. I don't know what to do.. Any suggestions??? I'm desperate!! I'm exactly 1 month post

Mylanta liquid is my friend for burning stomach, just a small slow sip works like magic for me. Hard to do but more liquid helps the nausia. Some days my Vitamins still don't set too easy.

I had my surgery March 4th. I bounced back quickly! I was back to work two weeks later. No regrets at all! I've lost 25 pounds so far. Very happy!! Those of you that have had difficulties, I hope you guys get better soon. :-)

I am having my surgery this Thursday the 24th. I was just wondering what kind of work everyone does? I am a school bus driver and was wondering if a week off would be long enough. He has me returning May 5th.

I am having my surgery this Thursday the 24th. I was just wondering what kind of work everyone does? I am a school bus driver and was wondering if a week off would be long enough. He has me returning May 5th.

For me personally I couldn't have gone back after a week. It was then that I was just barely starting to feel like myself again but was still wiped out.

I'm a designer at a desk job so my job obviously isn't physically demanding but it is definitely something that I need to be 100% mentally there for.

Everyone's recoveries are different so you never know. I see a lot of people on here go back after a week. For me it was 3.

My hubby says NO. He says take 2. Like she said, you will more than likely still be fatigued, organs still getting back to normal working order...plus, I'm thinking about the bumpy ride you have. And to top it off, managing kids. I'm a teacher (high school) and you may not have the energy to properly deal with them.

I was thinking 2 weejs alsowith the bumoy ride… I drive a mini bus and I have an aide on with me so that's a big help but its a 2 hour ride in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon

I really wish I knew how to repost here lol

I really wish I knew how to repost here lol

Hi everyone, I'm at my four week mark tomorrow and I am still having days where all I want to do is lay around and sleep. I feel so tired.

I have to go to work next Monday and I am hoping to have more energy by then.

I am getting about 600 calories a day. I'm wondering if I should try to increase that in order to get more energy.

I'm going well with getting my Protein and Vitamins in.

If I can't get back to a some what normal energy level I don't know how I'm going to make it at work. You have to be 100% to do my job, and then there is the hour in the car a day, dealing with all the house hold stuff and helping my d with homework and spending time with her.

How is everyone doing?

Hi everyone, I'm at my four week mark tomorrow and I am still having days where all I want to do is lay around and sleep. I feel so tired. <br> I have to go to work next Monday and I am hoping to have more energy by then. <br> I am getting about 600 calories a day. I'm wondering if I should try to increase that in order to get more energy. <br> I'm going well with getting my Protein and Vitamins in. <br> If I can't get back to a some what normal energy level I don't know how I'm going to make it at work. You have to be 100% to do my job, and then there is the hour in the car a day, dealing with all the house hold stuff and helping my d with homework and spending time with her. <br> How is everyone doing?

Make sure you are getting all your water/fluid beyond the protein, that was my biggest challenge and played a big part in wearing me out. I'm at seven weeks today. Two weeks ago my NUT said 600-800 calories is good for where I am now. Talk to yours about possibly upping your calories. Once those things were adjusted for me things got so much easier. More energy than I had before the surgery and no recent ( fingers crossed) lengthy plateaus.

Thank you. I am going to try hard to keep up with my Water. I am losing steadily so that's good. I just want to feel better in the process! I'm going to aim for 800 a day and see what that does.

Thanks.

Hi March sleevers!

It's been quiet in here, so I'm checking to see how everyone is doing. I have been stalled for almost three week's now :-\

Water may be the key though, so I'm trying REALLY hard today to start getting in enough Fluid b/c I know I'm not even close to what I should have each day.

Energey-wise I feel great! When I come home from work I actually WANT to do stuff, as oppose to before the surgery when I just wanted to crash in bed all night. My problem is I have to get use to exercising alone, b/c no one else wants to walk with me. I'm all amped to get going, but end up not because I don't want to do it by myself. So... just gotta push myself to do it solo. And, on days I see my BF I make him walk with me so I am still getting in a few days a week.

My pre-op diet weight was 315, and now I'm at 288, with no change in the scale since April 8th. So... hopefully this will end soon and I can start losing again. It's definitely more than I would have lost without the surgery, so I just need to break this stall and keep it going.

I am tolerating all food, and never thrown up since the surgery. That however, is a blessing and a curse b/c now that I can eat full foods, I don't always make the best choices calories-wise. But... I am focusing on Protein and getting the 64 grams a day. I just have to try harder to keep my calories down. I pretty much stay away from rice, Pasta, and bread... they do fill me up very quickly and stop me from getting protein, so I just avoid it all together, and I surprisingly haven't missed it. I figure if I'm going to take in carbs... it will be chocolate!

I look forward to hearing how others are coming along!

Hi chan! What was your surgery date?

Mine was 3/25. I was at 315 at my consult, got to 299 on surgery day due to nerves and liquid diet.

I'm at 275 right now.

I can't believe I've lost forty pounds. It just seems so unreal.

I have my month check up tomorrow and hopefully I'll be cleared to eat more regular food!

How many calories do you usually average a day?

I found out yesterday I have two middle ear infections and I couldn't sleep last night because I kept feeling things move and itch and hurt on there. I just hope this clears up before I go back to work on Monday!

Good luck to you!