Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

MommieD88. Welcome to the losers bench I am so happy for you, just remember to sip as long as your sipping fluids each day will get better and I'd sore use a heating pad it helps wonders. I look forward to reading your post my friend .

Hi Everyone..Reading all the posts and it all sounds so familiar..just finished my pre op diet and my Surgery is today/this morning..Today begins a new day..Excited and scared..Going to take pictures weight and measurements before I head to the hospital..good Luck everyone with your surgery..

Hi Everyone..Reading all the posts and it all sounds so familiar..just finished my pre op diet and my Surgery is today/this morning..Today begins a new day..Excited and scared..Going to take pictures weight and measurements before I head to the hospital..good Luck everyone with your surgery..

Good luck today!

I had surgery May 5th so I am 22 days out. Even though I am still not quite myself I am recovering at the speed my body is wanting to. My incisions are really starting to itch (but I dare not touch them) and my left side still has some burning pain but it has been explained. Anyone going to use mederma or Vitamin e bio-oil etc? My surgeon says there really is no scientific proof they work but once my scabs fall off I am welcome to put whatever I want on them. I still need to work on becoming more regular but graduating to the part of our new way of eating...it's not to big on Fiber initially but I'll get there. I am being super careful with my eating and drinking. I can't wait to graduate to soft foods but I will wait until day 30. All in all I have lost 24.2 pounds and I am in shock! I do not weigh myself everyday I weigh every 4 or more days. There sure is a lot to adapt to but all in all I think I am doing the best I possibly can. -----what are your updates?

Angelface - I am 20 days out. My incisions are also itchy. It's a sign they are healing. I am using 100% Shea Butter. It seems to help. I am on soft foods and so far so good. I have lost 25 pounds so far. My only concern is not getting enough Water throughout the day. Between the foods, trying to get 60-80 grams of Protein and the Vitamins it seems like a lot. It seems we are on target. Keep up the good work!

I had surgery May 5th so I am 22 days out. Even though I am still not quite myself I am recovering at the speed my body is wanting to. My incisions are really starting to itch (but I dare not touch them) and my left side still has some burning pain but it has been explained. Anyone going to use mederma or Vitamin e bio-oil etc? My surgeon says there really is no scientific proof they work but once my scabs fall off I am welcome to put whatever I want on them. I still need to work on becoming more regular but graduating to the part of our new way of eating...it's not to big on fiber initially but I'll get there. I am being super careful with my eating and drinking. I can't wait to graduate to soft foods but I will wait until day 30. All in all I have lost 24.2 pounds and I am in shock! I do not weigh myself everyday I weigh every 4 or more days. There sure is a lot to adapt to but all in all I think I am doing the best I possibly can. -----what are your updates?

angelface811

It sounds like you are moving right along. It took forever for my incision points to heal completely. I had red marks for almost 6 months.

candesjarlais

Congratulations. Good luck on your surgery. I will pray for you. Let us know how you are doing when you get to the other side and back home again.

Good luck Candesjarlais!

So tried to get up a little more last night. I felt bad and wanted to help out my husband by starting dinner. lol well I started it but could not finish it. My stomach was so sore standing up. Hubby walked in door just I put chicken in oven and started boiling potatoes. I said it was all his, I did the hard part. He could manage mashed potatoes right? lol I guess after being married 11 years someone forgot how to make them. So I had to give cooking lessons from my recliner. Well must have been good because when I was finally around to eat a small bit...none left. Oh well I tried cream of rice with puréed chicken breasts in broth. I never thought so little meat could be so filling. I ended up settling for a sf Popsicle. With the bloating/gas pain feeling I have to remember to take it even slower with my food.

Hi all...I had my RNY on May 22 and 6 days post-op I'm feeling fabulous. The first 4 days were pretty rough. I was very sore and it was hard to get my fluids in. Day by day it has gotten so much better. I see the Dr. today for my 1 week follow up and I hope to be given the ok to drive. I start on soft foods next Thursday and I'm really looking forward to that!! I haven't had to give myself insulin since I left the hospital and I'm down 10 lbs since the morning of surgery. This truly is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Hi all...I had my RNY on May 22 and 6 days post-op I'm feeling fabulous. The first 4 days were pretty rough. I was very sore and it was hard to get my fluids in. Day by day it has gotten so much better. I see the Dr. today for my 1 week follow up and I hope to be given the ok to drive. I start on soft foods next Thursday and I'm really looking forward to that!! I haven't had to give myself insulin since I left the hospital and I'm down 10 lbs since the morning of surgery. This truly is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Hope is good with doctor. You are doing so great. Keep it up! ????

Surgery Went Well..Just in a lot of pain but they give you medicine for it to take the edge off..The Hospital People have been amazing, every last one of them @ Roger Williams Medical Center in RI. So Caring and Nice and Helpful. The worst part was getting my menses the morning of the surgery but they said that happens more times then not even if you weren't due. May even go home today they said. I was even nervous at all, it was so weird because usually when I have surgery I'm a mess and super nervous, maybe because I wanted this so much and was totally ready. Well back to bed I go. NIGHT ????

So glad your surgery went well. Keep up the positive thinking and rest up!

Surgery Went Well..Just in a lot of pain but they give you medicine for it to take the edge off..The Hospital People have been amazing, every last one of them @ Roger Williams Medical Center in RI. So Caring and Nice and Helpful. The worst part was getting my menses the morning of the surgery but they said that happens more times then not even if you weren't due. May even go home today they said. I was even nervous at all, it was so weird because usually when I have surgery I'm a mess and super nervous, maybe because I wanted this so much and was totally ready. Well back to bed I go. NIGHT

Sorry to the men! TMI I know.

I know what you mean about getting the time of the month. Because my O2 levels kept dropping they didn't want to take the foley cath out. So they expected me to walk with the cath and deal with mother nature all at the same time....embarrassing. Oh well all is good now.