Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's the April sleevers....

April 30th here! Starting was 272, day of surgery was 252. Today I am 225! I have gone down 4 pants sizes! It's amazing. I am not having problems with my Water or getting my exercise in. I have been having problems with eating too fast/too much. When I eat too much I throw up which is never a fun thing. I gotta get to slowing down.

Great job miss mojo! And everyone else too! Yes, slowing down is really hard. My worst rapid eating tendencies, out when I am not paying attention and trying to multitask with something busy while I eat--like doing work email. I know it's better not to do anything while you eat, but if I read a novel I find it actually helps me to slow down since I read a half page between bites usually. Pre-op I was 289, surgery day (April 29) I was 277 and today I am 247--today also looks like it is the beginning of breaking my recent ten day stall, thank goodness!

Edited by katesuccess

I measure everything out before I eat it! That way I don't over fill my new tummy!!! I too am a fast eater but I have never gotten sick as I limit what goes in by measuring! First stages I had plastic 2oz cups with lids now I have 4oz tupperware cups with lids that I fill and grab!! The only thing I don't measure is watermelon... Cause I seem to be able to eat a lot if it.. And Greek yogurt.. Probably because it's a slider food and I can eat the whole 5.3 I container! : ) I was sleeved 4/23 and have lost 57 all together!

Hi.. I was sleeved on 4/3. SW 272 CW 222

I too am down 4 sizes.. Crazy how quick the difference is in my mind and Body ! My challenge is keeping clothes that fit..

Sleeved April 1. So excited to see a one in front of my weight this morning!! 53 pounds down...about half way to goal.

I'm so glad everyone is doing so well...

my SW 251 CW 220 :( 31 lbs seemed OK until I saw other people getting to 53!! WOW !!

ejjohn - 30 pounds is definitely something to be proud of! Look at it this way...at least you didn't gain 30 pounds in this time right?

Everyone is different and will lose weight differently. But I really have to congratulate you on your 30! I think that is amazing! :)

I'm feeling that too ejjohn! I've also lost "only" 30 since my surgery on April 29 - and ten more in pre-op. My two month check back is this week, and I'm sure going to ask why mine is coming off slower than I'd hoped for, since i'm being scrupulous about the rules and limits. Aurgh!! I know 30 is great, and more than I'd have lost without the sleeve, but still, hard to be patient and excited when others with similar starting weights are losing so much more. Caparison is unavoidable, since we're all working towards losing weight using surgery as a tool, and each working on our given programs. I'd have an easier time accepting it if I were bending the rules or my doc had given broader leeway on calories or something, but heck - I'm alternating gym work every other day with doing a couch25K alternate days, and staying at 800 calories! Oh well, as I say, more than if I'd not had the sleeve, and i'm thrilled to have lost those hard-won 30+10 pounds!

Don't get me wrong, I am super happy for all those that lose weight quickly. YEAH!!

I just wish i was on that wagon. Hey - I had someone cut out 3/4 of my stomach. You think that fat would run!!

Edited by ejjohn

I'm down 35 since surgery on April 7! 6 more pounds to lose and I will in the 100's on the scale , first time in many years.

Today is 7 weeks for me, and I've only lost 21 lbs since surgery. You folks are amazing with your losses! I'm eating 900-1000 cals, low carb, but maybe that's too much. I have to say I do get hungry, so I'm not sure what more I can cut out. I exercise 4 days per week - I need to up it to 5 or 6, I know. Anyway it's inspiring to see how well you're all doing!

I am between 600 to 800 calories. I was thinking this was too low! Haha I was sleeved 4/23 and have lost 38lbs. I was thinking I was a slow looser. I went through a three week stall.

@@Nicey2u what a great idea on the containers I need to do that. My eyes are ALWAYS bigger than my stomach! What helped you get over the stall do you know?

Edited by Avryv

I really don't know?? I keep doing the same thing.. I think... My body just took some time to readjust because although the scale wasn't moving I did get smaller... I have named it my condensing stage!!! Haha

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday :) This has been an awesome and incredible year.

This time last year, my awesome family and friends got together to throw me an epic, Hawaiian luau themed surprise party. It really was a fabulous surprise and such an incredible birthday. So I felt that the year started off well. Unbeknownst to me, I was an undiagnosed/untreated hypertensive diabetic that had just hit over 300 pounds (301 was my highest recorded weight).

I would find all this out about 2 weeks after my 31st birthday. It was one of the lowest points of my life. I was devastated.

But I stopped there. I cried for a weekend and then said "Enough."

A year later, I am no longer hypertensive or a diabetic. The only pills I take are Vitamins and minerals. I am down 88 pounds as of yesterday and I look flipping incredible (if I say so myself). I've got another 60 lbs until I reach my goal but for the first time in my life-long dieting career, I no longer doubt myself. I know I will reach that goal. I know that I will keep myself healthy.

Part of my journey included having weight loss surgery. I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on April 21, 2014. (I've lost 58 pounds in the 12 weeks since surgery) It is a decision that I believe is saving my life. It was one of the hardest decisions to make. Every day is a struggle and hard work. The hard work tripled after surgery. It's not been easy and I do not regret a single moment of it. I am more determined now than I ever was before to make me a priority in my life - my health, my happiness, my future. It's been a lesson a long time in coming but it's one I'm grabbing onto with both hands.

Next stop - 100 pounds lost and weighing below 200 lbs. I think I can do this over the next 4 weeks but I am giving myself until Labor Day. I'm trying to manage expectations throughout this process to make sure I don't get discouraged and I think I have been doing well with that.

I'm fortunate to have friends and family that have been super supportive and being a part of this community and other fitness/weight loss communities has been inspiring and motivational.

Keep kicking ass!

Thanks for reading through my emotional spewing haha

All the best,
Hana