Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months out & struggling

Hello everyone! I am five months out and down 80 lbs- great news. I stalled for 3 weeks at exactly 200.0- I finally broke my plateau and am now at 198. My problem? I've become lax. I am sneaking Oreos and chocolates & junk food- and my calorie intake is too high! I need ideas on how to get back on track. Meal ideas, meal times, how many cal , carb grams, Protein grams. What is realistic? What should my lifestyle look like? I feel like I'm going back to my old self & I need to stop!

Hello everyone! I am five months out and down 80 lbs- great news. I stalled for 3 weeks at exactly 200.0- I finally broke my plateau and am now at 198. My problem? I've become lax. I am sneaking Oreos and chocolates & junk food- and my calorie intake is too high! I need ideas on how to get back on track. Meal ideas, meal times, how many cal , carb grams, Protein grams. What is realistic? What should my lifestyle look like? I feel like I'm going back to my old self & I need to stop!

I try to stay within 800-1000 calories a day. I find that drinking Unjury and not eating carbs at night helps tremendously. I am 8 months post op and I have lost almost 100lbs.

You really need to ask for help from you doctor/nutritionist. That is what they are there for.

I do 90+ Proteins and 70 or less carbs. I had my calories down to 900 for several months and I did lose for a while. After a while, I hit a plateau that lasted for a month. I upped my calories to 1200 and the weight loss started again. I think it was just the shaking up things that helped. As for the treats, you have to let them go. They will kill you. They are poison. Ok, not exactly. I suggest you try to find a substitute for them. I do a lot of fit and lite Greek yogurt with 80 calories. also do some babybel cheeses and Nature Valley Protein bars (sold in the snack section at Wal-Mart's, though I limit all of this to one snack per day and that is it. sugar free hot chocolate is a nice treat too with only 20 to 25 calories per cup. Sometimes I find myself wanting something that I have in the pantry for the grandkids and I make myself drink a tall Water instead. Usually I don't want it after that. Go stare at yourself in the mirror for a little bit and tell yourself what it is you like about yourself that you didn't several months back. Do whatever works for you to make this journey successful.

First, congratulations for recognizing early enough that you need help getting back on track. That alone is a sign that you have changed and you know your bad habits.

Think back on when you started this journey, did you keep a food journal that you could now copy?

I have a friend who had bypass five years ago. Anytime she is slipping, she goes back to Protein shakes - that's what helps her to get back on track and that is probably what I would do also.

Best of luck!

My problem? I've become lax. I am sneaking Oreos and chocolates & junk food- and my calorie intake is too high! I need ideas on how to get back on track.

Really, just whom do you think you're sneaking them past??!! At this point, no one on here can help you but YOU.

You're no beginner. You know your limits. Are you really gonna let 80 pounds lost and all that effort just slide away because you think you want Oreos. Have one and move on. (Buy a package of two, not 30) And you know your calorie limits too. Get back to closely tracking your intake including the Oreo and drink more fluids to fill you. If you don't feel like drinking more.......then get your butt to the gym and sweat. That will make you thirsty and keep you busy and keep your calories in check as well. If you want the occasional sweet or junk food.....limit the amount and then only when make yourself go immediately to the gym and work it off. You don't have to deprive yourself, just stay disciplined.

Your kind of success is what motivates the rest of us to our goals. You don't need ideas......you're just getting bored and lazy and trying to fill it in with bad choices and habits. You can do this, so no more sliding and get back on track. ^_^

I'm struggling now at 5 months too. You're not alone :)

Been there and still struggling and i think i also going back my protien shakes for aweek or so liquried diet maybe

I am also 5 months out and struggling as well. I think recycled has the right idea. We know what we need to do we just need to do it.

Instead of Oreo's may I suggest Cookies 'N Creme Quest Bars. They are wonderful tasting and they have no sugar but are made with stevia, low carbs and 20g of Protein in them.

Quest Bars come in so many different flavors that you might find them enjoyable subsitute for your cravings.

I found a hard candy from Italy called Petite Deceit and they are made with stevia and they are 2 calories per candy also very low in carbs. They come in fruit flavors.

Be creative with Protein shakes by adding extract to them when making them in the blender.

I found a great sugar free popsicle called Bomb Pops made with Splenda.

You have done great so far why go backwards. Is it worth it?

Maybe try something here it might help you get through this hard time and future times too.

Good luck and keep going forward.

I like you to exercise your will power, the more you exercise it the stronger it gets. The first set I'd like you to do is the grocery store walk by. Any food you shouldn't eat just walk, by don't allow it in your basket, don't bring it in your home, If there is nothing bad in the house you cant make a bad choice. Also do sets of am I really hungry or eating out of boredom. This should get you started on the right track.

My sugar free Popsicles does the job for me when I am hungry for something sweet. Find something that will satisfy you and won't jeopardize your weight loss. Sugar free hard candy is also a good option. But take one or two a day. Get back to basics. Your sweet tooth will diminish .,the more u eat sweets..the more u will crave it.. So give it up entirely for a while. Wishing u great success. YOU CAN DO IT...

Ellen,

"Don't carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them." -Unknown

Do WHATEVER it takes to get yourself back on track. You've got this!!! ;)

Edited by trever

I am thankful it is just me and my husband, so I am able to have a house with no Cookies, bread, candy, carbs, or other temptations. Don't buy it and you won't eat it. Don't go shopping when you are hungry!!!! Agree, go back to basics. Wishing you the best! Summer is coming and you have incentive!!