Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oband medical center just called. They want me to meet up with the doctor to go over my gallbladder results tomorrow. OK so we all know it's not good. They wouldn't call and set up an appointment with the Dr. One day later if nothing was wrong. Let's say it's something they feel needs surgery. Do they wait and do it when I get my sleeve or move up the sleeve surgery? Can they if there's something wrong? Will the insurance company cover that? Now I'm a little freaked out. Not gonna lie

I'm not sure why an insurance company wouldn't cover a gall bladder removal? I've had mine out years ago before I had my sleeve.

These are all excellent questions to ask the doc tomorrow!!

I would wager that it depends on how bad the situation is now. CAN it wait or do they need to go in ASAP? I do know that some docs do a preemptive gall bladder removal during surgery, so yes it CAN be done...

What I meant is that normally I would be getting my sleeve surgery in June. I still have my sleep study to do and blood work and nutritionist consult. If the doctor thinks it is necessary to operate on my gallbladder before June, would they move ahead with the sleeve at that time?

After my testing it was shown my gall bladder was performing at 99%. The doctors get paid for office visits. They may be calling to discuss normal results

Oband medical center just called. They want me to meet up with the doctor to go over my gallbladder results tomorrow. OK so we all know it's not good. They wouldn't call and set up an appointment with the Dr. One day later if nothing was wrong. Let's say it's something they feel needs surgery. Do they wait and do it when I get my sleeve or move up the sleeve surgery? Can they if there's something wrong? Will the insurance company cover that? Now I'm a little freaked out. Not gonna lie

I had my sleeve surgery 8 months ago. I have lost 110 pounds. I started to have gallbladder issues and had to go in for surgery to have removed last month.

I have heard other doctors take it out at the same time as sleeve. I have heard of a few that do the surgery's apart. I wish I had it out so I did not have to go into another surgery but really it was a quick surgery and I was in and out same day. Easy breasy. Hopefully they will take it out the same time as they do your sleeve. Good luck.

OK so I had my appointment. I need to have my gallbladder removed. I have gallstones. I also have hiatal hernia. The gallbladder surgery will be a separate surgery from my sleeve and hiatal hernia repair during sleeve. Then when all is said and done I can stop talking 8 excedrin and popping zantac150 like candy every day. So it's a positive I guess. It is a reality if nothing else. Just trying to find the silver lining.

OK so I had my appointment. I need to have my gallbladder removed. I have gallstones. I also have hiatal hernia. The gallbladder surgery will be a separate surgery from my sleeve and hiatal hernia repair during sleeve. Then when all is said and done I can stop talking 8 excedrin and popping zantac150 like candy every day. So it's a positive I guess. It is a reality if nothing else. Just trying to find the silver lining.

Given Any reason why it all can't be done at once?

Given Any reason why it all can't be done at once?

She had said her sleeve surgery is not scheduled until June because she still has alot of test & things to do before the sleeve surgery but her gallbladder needs to come out now & may not be able to wait all the way to June.

guessing your liver enzymes are high. sometimes gall bladder disease can make you quite sick and cn cause the liver to begin shutting down, in that case you most certainly cannot wait until june. GB surgery is quick and the recovery is fast. unless you are very ill. then it might take a few more days. but to me, my GB surgery was a piece of cake compared to my sleeve.

Edited by moonlitestarbrite

The Dr said that the stomach is on one side and the gallbladder is on the other and they have different risks and they do not do both at the same time .

some surgeons do do both at once. i am guessing it depends on the surgeon and the patient's history and current health status. if you want, you could get a second opinion, but if you trust your doc and dont feel any objection to his treatment plan, then why? you will feel much better after you have it out! believe me. :)

I had to have mine done 8 months post sleeve. It was a one day in and out and was similar to my sleeve surgery, the recovery was similar also aside from the diet. Might give you an idea what to expect with the sleeve.

Thank you. This will be my first surgery ever. I'm a little nervous. I wish I had a second chance to not mess this body of mine up to begin with. It is what it is and time to fix it all now once and for all.

At my pre-op testing they found I had a 2 cm gallstone. My surgeon said that if he went in and the gallbladder looked "angry" that he would remove it, if it looked ok he would leave it. The reason he gave me was this. The gallbladder filters toxicins in our body , during the sleeve op everything is sterile and pulling the dirty toxic gallbladder out thru the sterile opening can post a risk of getting an infection. So rather than doing it if its still in decent shape he'd rather be safe and deal with it when it becomes an issue. Good luck.