Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

Tomorrow is the day!! First surgery at 7:30am!! Scared out of my mind. Not for the pain, nausea or journey. Just for the surgery itself and any complications. I have had a hysterectomy and that was fine. Never worried. Not sure why I'm worried so much. I just wish it was over, I'm awake and I start this journey. No Preop diet was needed for me from my doc but decided to start one on Saturday anyways. Lost 5 pounds already!! I know this is the best thing for me but give me a Xanax when I walk through those hospital doors! Wish me luck!!

Omg....I really needed to read this post today....my surgery is next wed the 25th...I am soooo nervous....I am happy for u and ur recovery....congrats and save room on the loosers bench for me!

I cried in my gown going into surgery- luckily my anesthesiologist was awesome and gave me some anxiety meds and before I knew it I was waking up! Really the whole next day was a blur because I was on morphine which knocked me right out. They came in every 2 hours or vitals and to make me walk. Each walk I felt better but I didn't feel truly good until they took the morphine off and switched me to oral meds. You will do great!!!! This community of support really makes a huge difference too! Today I am 5 days post op and I was able to go grocery shopping, get my car cleaned and make salsa for my husband. Just remember- there will be pain, but it will pass!!

Help!

I just tired the unflavored in my broth and the. In my crystal light and it was disgusting! I got the designer whey! I cannot drink this!!! What are other people using during the clear two weeks post op protein!

Isopure from GNC is what my NUT suggested. It's a Protein Drink that resembles Gatorade in colors. Everyone at my local support group loves it but my hubby and I both thought it was gross but I still was able to get down a few ounces each day for the first week.

The Protein Shake they served me in the hospital hours after surgery was optisource. It is not "clear" but it is non-dairy and can be found at Walgreens online accordion to my NUT

Thanks RKPG2angels I looked at the isopure drink and it had sucralose. I am allergic to artificial sweetners. The only thing I have been able to handle is stevia and things like truvia. Any suggestions without the sweetners?

Thanks RKPG2angels I looked at the Isopure drink and it had sucralose. I am allergic to artificial sweetners. The only thing I have been able to handle is stevia and things like truvia. Any suggestions without the sweetners?

I love JRobb whey Protein http://www.jayrobb.com

Day 12 post-op and have lost a total of 17.2 lbs since one week pre-op diet. Surgery recovery has gone very well. Besides nausea from my liquid Vitamin I have done very well. I wish the weight loss would be more but I know I am headed in the right direction. However two days after surgery my arthritis had a major flare-up. I have not had a flare-up in a year. I am off my feet considerably, coupled with the weight loss there is less pressure on my joints. My diet does not have foods that aggravate my arthritis, no night shade ingredients in my Protein shakes! I am starting to wonder if the stress of the surgery brought the flare up on?!$&@@ My surgeon says no Nsaids because of the risk of ulcers. Tylenol does not relieve the inflammation, only dulls the pain for a short time. My sleep is not restful because of the pain. I never the thought the recovery from surgery would have this complication. I have a rheumatologist appointment on Thursday and hope for some relief. There is not much information out there on arthritis and gastric sleeve surgery!

Day 14 post-op. Had drs appointment this after noon. Lost 20 pounds since surgery. Yay!! Also, started puréed diet today. Had some tuna fish. So far so good. No nausea, vomiting or pain in my stomach. Still some slight pulling but that is just healing. I'm on the right track. Next appt. is in 4 weeks for post op with surgeon.

Edited by SarahmM

wendyt I am so happy for you! Glad that things are going so well! My surgery is next week. I can only hope/pray that things go that smoothly! Cheers to complete healing and successful sleeve progress!

missmagno I am so sorry you are having to deal with the arthritis issues. I hope it is okay with you that I am saying a little prayer for your relief. Bless you.

Relentless302 Yay! I am scheduled for the 25th as well! We've got this! Best of luck to you (and me)!