Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

Day 2 postop. I came home yesterday. I have walked every few hours. Still have gas pain in my left side and left shoulder. Taking hydrocodone liquid for pain relief. The biggest incision hurts esp when I get up and down. I also had a hernia repair( surprise!) the pain is less than I imagined. I have slept a lot today. Trying to get liquids in. Sip, walk, rest that's my current mantra. I decided to sleep in recliner with lots of pillows. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, one day at a time! I hope everyone continues to improve with each day

Jennifer your story sounds identical to mine. I'm 8 days post op. My largest incision hurt for days. MUCH better now. I, too, decided to sleep in the recliner as the bed killed my abs. I also has a hernia repair. I had no clue I had a hiatal hernia. Go figure. Glad you're on the mend!!! Every day is better!!!!!

Sounds like me too! Glad to hear you're feeling better after 8 days. I return to work on Monday, I'm a little nervous, hoping I will feel better by then?

Day 2 postop. I came home yesterday. I have walked every few hours. Still have gas pain in my left side and left shoulder. Taking hydrocodone liquid for pain relief. The biggest incision hurts esp when I get up and down. I also had a hernia repair( surprise!) the pain is less than I imagined. I have slept a lot today. Trying to get liquids in. Sip, walk, rest that's my current mantra. I decided to sleep in recliner with lots of pillows. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, one day at a time! I hope everyone continues to improve with each day

Jennifer your story sounds identical to mine. I'm 8 days post op. My largest incision hurt for days. MUCH better now. I, too, decided to sleep in the recliner as the bed killed my abs. I also has a hernia repair. I had no clue I had a hiatal hernia. Go figure. Glad you're on the mend!!! Every day is better!!!!!

I've read several people's posts saying that they've preferred to sleep in their recliners post-op. I don't have a recliner, and I'm starting to think about what I can do with what I have on hand. What, exactly, has been painful about sleeping in your regular beds?

(9 days and counting!)

I always slept on my stomach, I can't to that right now. Lying flat pulls on my incisions. The recliner is most comfortable for me. You can use pillows to prop yourself up or to keep from turning onto your incisions

I have had several surgeries affecting my stomach muscles...... I found the only way to sleep was in a recliner. If you don't have one, consider renting one or borrowing one from a friend or family member. You likely will be very glad you did. And yes, I am a stomach sleeper also.

Post op 6 hours, have been able to walk a bit, but had a reaction to pain needs which made me cough! ... Not good ! Able to get ice and sups of Water in with no nausea ... AWESOME.! Happy Birthday to me!

I hear you! I read those threads in that forum as well. Big Mistake! Scared be big time. I too said that it gave me pause as to whether I am doing the right thing. I put that out there and I was quickly told that if I felt that way, then don't have it! Ha... Nice. Anyway instead I talked with my surgeon and explained my concerns. He of course started off by saying all surgeries have risks. He answered all my questions and definitely brought me back to a more normal reality. Keep in mind that there are thousands of use on this site. There will be a few with issues. But go back to the threads of those of previous months and years that have already had the surgery and had good results. If you follow plan as prescribed and follow post op instructions your risks go way down. Keep telling yourself that. I am not going to simply tell you that if you have doubts, don't have it.... Instead I am going to say go for it! It is a start of a new life! You will be fine. I say this to myself every day. And stay away from those threads about complications. :-). Good luck!

Thank you! I am doing it, but I am nervous, excited, happy, sad... just all sorts of mixed up emotions. I am ready. It will be fine :-)

Originally surgery was scheduled for May 28th, unfortunately it had to be rescheduled!! My new date is June 25th!! I'm doing the high Protein diet for 2 wks. Then liquid diet for 2 days before the surgery!! I can't wait!!!

Nellani78 I am being sleeved on June 25th as well. Just started the full liquid diet yesterday until the day before surgery and then 1 day Clear Liquids. I am really getting excited too now that it is getting so close!

<p>Happy Birthday tagyoorit!</p>

thanks a bunch ... Ne

Day 3 post op- gas pain is much less this morning. Not sleeping through the night yet, getting about 4 hours at a time. Gonna try sleeping in my bed tonight( I've been in recliner since coming home) focusing on Protein and liquids today. Walking, walking, walking... I haven't stood on the scale yet, weighing once a week, so I will weigh on Monday. I know at the hospital they gave me a ton if fluids, so I'm not counting my weight at discharge. how are the June 9 the folks doing? Are you all home? How's your pain/ intake going ?

Hi Jennifer! I was sleeved June 9th also. I am doing pretty good. I still have pain but been trying to walk a lot. I have been trying to get all my liquids/protein I came close yesterday. I did sleep for the first time last night through the night! That felt good. I wish you and everyone an easy recovery.

Day 3 post op- gas pain is much less this morning. Not sleeping through the night yet, getting about 4 hours at a time. Gonna try sleeping in my bed tonight( I've been in recliner since coming home) focusing on Protein and liquids today. Walking, walking, walking... I haven't stood on the scale yet, weighing once a week, so I will weigh on Monday. I know at the hospital they gave me a ton if fluids, so I'm not counting my weight at discharge. how are the June 9 the folks doing? Are you all home? How's your pain/ intake going ?

I'm a June 9 sleever too. Last night was my first night home. Slept pretty well, in my own bed. The first night was absolutely awful, I felt like I was hit by a truck, and I cried that I made a huge mistake. But thank God I feel so much better. No more regrets. I got on the scale today, I'm down 4 lbs from Monday. 13 total since 2 weeks preop diet. I feel better each day. I'm back to work on Monday which is stressing me out a bit. Other than that I'm trying to stay positive. My husband and kids have been awesome! Helpful and even started following a diet. Hopefully this change will positively effect my whole family! Hope all is well by all of you guys too! How are all the June 9 sleevers doing?? Love sharing experiences