Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

Sleeved on June 9th, first day was dealing with trapped air and some pain. I was kept heavily medicated. The worst part was trying to get up to go to the restroom. Even with family help, it was an ordeal to unhook from the leg wraps and unplug the IV. I walked up and down the halls on the second day and had bouts of nausea off and on all day. I couldn't seem to get anything much down. The third day was the worst for nausea and everything I sipped, gurgled back up. It was at this point I started wondering if I had made a huge mistake. I barely got anything down. By the afternoon of the third day things made a big turnaround for me and I even kept 6 oz of a Protein shake down. After that they let me go home!!!! I was elated to get in my bed! I commend those that went home the day after surgery. I don't know how you did it!

Day 4 is even better. I have been outside walking up and down my long driveway and have slowly gotten down an 8 oz Protein Shake. For some reason Water has a terrible metallic taste so im going to try watered down juice and crystal light. I'm a little sore in the belly but not on pain meds since early day 3.

I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm a June 9 sleever too. Last night was my first night home. Slept pretty well, in my own bed. The first night was absolutely awful, I felt like I was hit by a truck, and I cried that I made a huge mistake. But thank God I feel so much better. No more regrets. I got on the scale today, I'm down 4 lbs from Monday. 13 total since 2 weeks preop diet. I feel better each day. I'm back to work on Monday which is stressing me out a bit. Other than that I'm trying to stay positive. My husband and kids have been awesome! Helpful and even started following a diet. Hopefully this change will positively effect my whole family! Hope all is well by all of you guys too! How are all the June 9 sleevers doing?? Love sharing experiences

Your experience sounds similar to mine. I'm getting more fluids and Protein in each day, however, I have yet to sleep through the night, up every three to four hours, and I'm utterly exhausted. Pain seems to be better today. I'm coughing without feeling like my incisions won't bust. Hopefully things will get better!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hello fellow sleevers! My surgery was exactly one week ago today! I was miserable this whole time until yesterday afternoon when I decided to start full liquids with Protein powder mixed in. I feel like a new person now! Up until yesterday I was so dizzy and lightheaded with no energy. I'm very thankful I haven't had any nausea or vomiting and no problems getting Water down. My problem was horrible diarrhea (like 20 minutes after drinking any significant amount). It was terrible getting home from Tijuana on Monday. I visited every bathroom in two airports and my husband had to find a gas station every 30 min on our 5 hour drive home. But we made it! And now that problem is improving significantly! :)

I was VERY swollen all over this week until about the last two days. I weighed when we got home on Monday and I was up 8lbs from pre-surgery. 3 days later and I'm down 10 1/2. Yay! :) I'm soooo excited for the next few months. I hope everyone else is recovering nicely and feeling well.

Had pre-op yesterday....surgery is almost here. I'm not going to lie I'm nervous!!

I'm a June 9 sleever too. Last night was my first night home. Slept pretty well, in my own bed. The first night was absolutely awful, I felt like I was hit by a truck, and I cried that I made a huge mistake. But thank God I feel so much better. No more regrets. I got on the scale today, I'm down 4 lbs from Monday. 13 total since 2 weeks preop diet. I feel better each day. I'm back to work on Monday which is stressing me out a bit. Other than that I'm trying to stay positive. My husband and kids have been awesome! Helpful and even started following a diet. Hopefully this change will positively effect my whole family! Hope all is well by all of you guys too! How are all the June 9 sleevers doing?? Love sharing experiences

Your experience sounds similar to mine. I'm getting more fluids and Protein in each day, however, I have yet to sleep through the night, up every three to four hours, and I'm utterly exhausted. Pain seems to be better today. I'm coughing without feeling like my incisions won't bust. Hopefully things will get better!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Ugh the dreaded cough! I had some coughing issues while still at the hospital and it felt as if I we're being stabbed in the stomach ! Ouch! I get pretty tired too. I'm taking Vicodin but trying not to take it too often. Definitely helps though! Good luck

I'm a June 2, 2014 sleever. Feeling ok so far. Had staples and drain removed on Monday June 9th. On Monday the 16th I start puréed diet. A little nervous on what exercises I can safely do. I have lost 19 pounds since surgery.

Edited by SarahmM

Starting the second week of the liquid diet. This is crazy hard! I've cheated almost daily by eating about 4 or so ounces of chicken dipped in Greek yogurt. Anyone else cheated? This is sure bringing up a lot of issues for me. Feeling discouraged already.

Starting the second week of the liquid diet. This is crazy hard! I've cheated almost daily by eating about 4 or so ounces of chicken dipped in Greek yogurt. Anyone else cheated? This is sure bringing up a lot of issues for me. Feeling discouraged already.

I cheated a lot too. Just small cheats like a slice of cheese or a bite of steak. I'm not trying to say it's ok or it makes it right but I also was doing crossfit at the time and that makes me hangry!!! Lol.

Nobody's perfect. Try to do better for the rest of the time you have . Don't look back , just move forward!! The liquid diet is beneficial for lots of reasons. It is hard but Try to do better but don't be discouraged were all human here!

Here's a question (or two) for everyone!<br><br> 1. What won't you miss about being fat?<br><br> 2. What can't you wait to do once you lose your weight?

1. I won't miss people giving me that "eww" look that I feel like they give me

2. I can't wait to go to six flags and ride a roller coaster again!! I haven't been since high school because I'm afraid I won't fit

Isn't it strange how everyone's tummy reacts differently. I can swallow anything. I have has zero issues with that. Makes me wonder if he actually did surgery sometimes. I had a hernia he fixed too and we didn't know about that either. Maybe he just did hernia repair?

I feel the same way sometimes! I was sleeved June 2nd and haven't been sick once! I did feel nauseous the first week every now and then but I took a zofran and drank some Water and I was fine.

I was sleeved June 2nd and totally cheated on two week pre op diet by eating dinner each night and one night of drinking half way through for my bff's bday. I talked to my surgeon's RN about it before surgery and she said not to stress about it and just do whatever I can. I was still losing weight and consequently shrinking my liver(which is the whole point) and managed to get my BMI under 50. My surgery and recovery went fine and doc had no complaints about my liver size.

Isn't it strange how everyone's tummy reacts differently. I can swallow anything. I have has zero issues with that. Makes me wonder if he actually did surgery sometimes. I had a hernia he fixed too and we didn't know about that either. Maybe he just did hernia repair?

I feel the same way sometimes! I was sleeved June 2nd and haven't been sick once! I did feel nauseous the first week every now and then but I took a zofran and drank some Water and I was fine.

I know how you feel. I had a hiatal hernia repair done at same time as sleeve as well. I have to be careful when I eat and drink because I have no really no pain just a little pulling and I feel like I can swallow anything. I had one bout of nausea post op it lasted about ten minutes and that was it. My sleeve was done on June 2. Monday starts my puréed diet. I will not miss this liquid diet at all.

I'm too thru with this liquid diet.

My surgery was on tue June 10 at 8am. Dr was late but not too much. I was nauseous in recovery and vomited a few times and then in my room. The measure comtines so they double doeses me with zopram and comprazine. It got better but still continued the next morning. Luckily they doeses me before I had to do the X-ray with nasty contrast. Luckily I made it threw that and haven't vomited since wed am. I had moments but spitting helped.

Gas pain sucked but I was lucky it stayed in my belly. I hear the shoulder pains sucks. I was moving on the first night. I went home early after noon on Thursday. Just in time to make my 10 year old music performance. Yesterday afternoon was my last pain meds. I might do some today. Today I went to unrelated dr appointment and costco whooped with hubby. I was slow and took breaks by sitting down. I am staying on Clear Liquids by choice until Saturday. No problem getting a full cup of broth and a Popsicle in. Also Water is fine. Nurse reccomend hot lemon water in am since that is when our stomachs are most swollen, saliva from sleeping.< /p>

Sorry last post sent before I could spell check and fix. I was sick for at least 24 hours.