Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I just noticed...

I'm 6 months out on Saturday, and I've passed the 2/3 mark to my goal. Hoping to be near my goal in another 6 months! Yippee!!!!

Sue

Congrats, Sue! That's quite an accomplishment!

I figured out today that with my weight loss overall (including the pre-surgery diet loss) I have lost 25% of my body weight!

Happy Thanksgiving to all that applies to!

I am coming on my 6 month band anniversary. May 31st for me. I am happy but am losing my hair. kind of sad about that. oh, well, I feel good about my weight loss. I can deal with the Hair loss, I guess. nice to see everyone is losing so much weight. It is getting harder to do though, I want to lose about 35 more pounds, I hope. rough road ahead. we came a long way though. happy thanksgiving

Laura -- you've lost over 50 pounds. I'd say that's quite an accomplishment in and of itself. I have not yet had the surgery and am not even sure I will meet the criteria, but I commend you on a job well done. Keep up the good work!

...I am so excited!!!!!! I am overflowing with enthusiasm!!! Why - well today for the very first time since being banded on the 5th May 2007, I experienced restriction! Yipee!!!!! I now know what you lot have been experiencing at long last.

This morning I had the same Breakfast that I usually have, s small bowl of Tesco Suger Free Museli with a small amount of skimmed milk - Low and behold when I was 3 spoonfulls in I felt this feeling that I have never experienced before - something that told me physically to stop eating. I was having breakfast with 2 colleagues in work and so I quickly excused my self and went to the bathroom and spit up some terrible slime. This soon subsided and I took great delighht in going back to the table and taking my bowl over to the bin and throwing out half a bowl of breakfast that yesterday I would have been horrified to waste and throw out - but then again I didn't need to as I have always been able to finish. The best thing that I felt was a feeling of fullness and satisfaction that acted as a deterant throughout the morning in work, even when clients arrived with Belgian chocolate and Tobelorone bars!

So then it was lunchtime and I had to take clients out for lunch. So I make my usual healthy choice of fish - cod on a bed of mushy peas today. Then it happens again, I am 2 bites in to the dinner and my body tells me again that it is time to stop eating! The sliming begins in earnest and at one point I nearly think I am going to PB all over the table in fronth of everyone and I only just make it to the bathrooms in the retaurant - so this is a slight drawback to the euphoric feelings that I am experiencing but only slight.

Anyway I just wanted to share this with you all as I hope it will motivate any of you who are not experiencing the feeling of restiriction at the moment or at all as was my experience up to now. I stayed away from contributing to this site in recent months as I was so disillusioned with my banding experience and did not want to influence anyone who was beginning their banding journey, but now I am happy to shout out all about this restriction I am experiencing. I really believe that if this restriction holds up that I will finally begin to loose the weight that I need to and become a healthy average weigh woman able to have children next year!!! I also have a huge motivation to fit in to a wedding dress early next year too so I'm off at the weekend to sign up again at the gym to help with the tone up I'll require with this great weight loss I'm anticipating!!! ha ha

I'd love to hear if there is anyone else out there who has experience this late felling of restriction, 7 months and 7ml in band later?

Dear Allure!

You just had me giggling all over the place with your post. I so relate to the resturant episode! The first thing I do when I go out and eat is scope out the John's looking for the fastest route to them! Congrads on your restriction. Looks like you started out at 255 and your almost into onederland. That's wonderful. Girl, that's 47 pds! You are doing as good as any of us. Be proud! Congrads on your upcoming wedding. Also, I think I can speak for most of us here. We need to be able to share our feelings good and bad while going through this process. Don't ever worry about bringing us down or unmotivating us. We are here to lift each other up!

Sue - You are absolutly doing a beautiful job...way to go on the wght loss!

Leg - Wow! You are doing great too! I hope your as proud of yourself as I am of you!

Delo - Sorry about the hair...hopefully that will grow back in...but you look fantastic!

itakes2 - Let us know if you decide to have the proceedure. I am excited for you. this is the best thing I have ever done for myself to get healthy. It really works!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

WEAZER

Whatever happened to NVGIRL...she's the one who started this great thread. If your out there....come back!

Blessings, Weazer

Congratulations Sue!!

I just noticed...

I'm 6 months out on Saturday, and I've passed the 2/3 mark to my goal. Hoping to be near my goal in another 6 months! Yippee!!!!

Sue

Legster-Great Job 1/4 of you gone!

Delo- I started losing my hair really fast and now it is much slower. Don't panic, it will eventually stop but I agree it is a little unnerving.

Allure-restriction is a double edge sword!! I too have to go to lunch with clients and I always have the fear of slime. It happened at my first business lunch after my band, now I am very careful. Congrats!

Melissa-great pictures.....you looked so beautiful!

Mini-Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

okay everyone....I had a NSV today!!!!

Last month I had a pair of jeans I had bought..they were my very first button jeans bought in years. They were a size 24. I wore them to the doctor and we went and test rode bikes. I ripped them when they got caught in the derrailler. So, I went to the store to get a new pair, and they didnt have a size 24, but had a size 22. Well, I ended up buying them knowing they would not fit.

I had tried them on a few times this past month, and did not fit.

TODAY LADIES AND GENTS....THEY NOT ONLY FIT BUT ARE COMFY!!!!!!

YES, 6 MONTHS LATER AND I HAVE GONE FROM A SIZE 30/32 TO A SIZE 22....

WOOHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO THANKFUL TO HAVE THE FRIENDS AND SUPPORT AND THE DESIRE TO CONTINUE TO LOOSE. THE BAND HAS GIVEN ME A NEW PERSPECTIVE ON MY LIFE, AND I CANT WAIT UNTIL EVEN THESE GET TOO BIG.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE THE MESSAGE BOARD WITH YOU TO SHARE THIS NEWS

Thanks!!!

It was a good day, and my small plate did a wonderful job of filling me.

This is great....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY MAY BANDSTER FRIENDS!! Hope everyone had a great day.

I must say, it was the absolute least I have ever eaten on a Holiday (but I didn't mind). I didn't even have dessert, just allowed myself a teaspoon of my mom's pecan pie!

Melissa, you were positively glowing in your wedding pictures, thanks so much for sharing!

Everyone seems to be doing fantastic, what a wonderful thing, this band of ours.

Have a great rest of the Holiday.

Cindy