Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

I hit the 50lb mark today! It's been two years since I started on my fitness pal, and I've lost 50lbs in that time. 35 of that is since I started my preop diet. I have no idea the last time I was this weight but it feels pretty great.

I hit the 50lb mark today! It's been two years since I started on my fitness pal, and I've lost 50lbs in that time. 35 of that is since I started my preop diet. I have no idea the last time I was this weight but it feels pretty great.

and think about it, this is only the beginning :)

Just had my first SF Popsicle in like 10 years. Forgot how yummy they are, tropical flavored. I just burst out singing the Partridge Family song "I Think I Love You" to a Popsicle. My twelve year old grand daughter said Gma you're crazzyyyy!!! Lol.

Thats hilarious! I love my sugar free popsicles.
My grandkids think I'm crazy I always do bizarre things to amuse them. Last year I took the family to Florida for spring break for a week and I shipped my Easter Bunny costume ahead to our hotel. Easter morning I got in bed with each of the grandkids and pet their heads with my paws. Lol. Their expressions were priceless!!!
What an awesome grandma! :-)

<p>Went to my 2 week post-op today. Down 22 lbs since I started the liquid Meal Replacement before surgery. Who ever would have thought it was possible to loose 22 pounds in 4 weeks. And, the kicker is I know it will stay off this time. I've been eating things like cream of chicken, cream of mushroom and cream of celery. The Tomato didn't sit to well, it didn't make me sick, I could just tell my new tummy didn't like it. Also having blended cottage cheese, refried Beans and cream of wheat. I try to add unflavored Protein to everything so I'm sure to get it all in, whey protein isolate seems to be one that works best because it mixes well with creamy things. I add my chocolate protein to regular cream of wheat, it's pretty good. This weekend I get to start soft foods, scrambled eggs, fish and chicken as long as it's very tender. I'm really excited about that. So far I've been adding one new food a day so see how it's tolerated which seems to be working. Glad to see everyone is doing so well. Being on this side of the whole journey is so much easier and less scary. Best of luck to everyone. Cheers to us all. :)</p>

Thats amazing! Great job! I'm 1 week post op and my incisions hurt so much when I stand up. I feel like I'm going to be in bed forever.

Great job!! I just hit the 25lb mark today, including the pre op diet and I'm one week post op. Now I wish I'd lost more BEFORE surgery but I was so scared of being cancelled by insurance.

3 days out and feeling pretty good. Body SEEMS to be cooperating in all areas except

losing weight! Feeling depressed...like I maybe went through all this for nothing. All I have had is Fluid for 5 days and I gained 2 lbs! When does the weight loss start?

Step away from the scale! Lol let yourself heal, plus they pumped you full of fluids to have some reserves when you went home. I was almost 10lbs heavier leaving the hospital then when I went in, by day 3 I was even with my pre op weight, I'd lost that Water weight but they say most people hold onto it a little longer, I've just got young kidneys. Take a deep breath, this process will work for you, let your body heal. <3

3 days out and feeling pretty good. Body SEEMS to be cooperating in all areas except

losing weight! Feeling depressed...like I maybe went through all this for nothing. All I have had is Fluid for 5 days and I gained 2 lbs! When does the weight loss start?

Take this time to focus on healing and getting in your fluids. As long as you do as told the surgery will do its part with weight loss! I went into a funk at one time because the first week I lost 20 pounds then the second week gained 3 back it can be frustrating but it will come! :)

3 days out and feeling pretty good. Body SEEMS to be cooperating in all areas except<br>losing weight! Feeling depressed...like I maybe went through all this for nothing. All I have had is Fluid for 5 days and I gained 2 lbs! When does the weight loss start?

I know it sounds weird, but I only weigh myself in the morning and ONLY if I had a BM the previous night or that morning. Otherwise, why am I weighing? lol you didn't do it for nothing. This first month is all about protecting your pouch and getting enough Protein and HEALING . Your body has been through a trauma. Just get your Water and protein and the weight loss will come. I gained 20 pounds in the hospital just from all the fluids.

Thanks everyone. I'll be more patient and focus on the healing. With as much Fluid as they pumped into me in the hospital, common sense says I need to wait for results. LOL.. Still not thinking real clear, emotions running on overdrive today. My nutritionist warned me that this might happen..she called it buyers remorse. Said it can happen around day 3 or 4. Right on schedule! Going to take a few deep breaths and hide the scale in the closet for awhile. :)

<p>Thanks everyone. I'll be more patient and focus on the healing. With as much Fluid as they pumped into me in the hospital, common sense says I need to wait for results. LOL.. Still not thinking real clear, emotions running on overdrive today. My nutritionist warned me that this might happen..she called it buyers remorse. Said it can happen around day 3 or 4. Right on schedule! Going to take a few deep breaths and hide the scale in the closet for awhile. :)</p>

Oh man, day 3, I was at the hospital listening to the guy in the room next to me puke his guts out. I was nauseas from the morphine and thinking "what did I do???". Turns out he wasn't even a bariatric patient. lol

Day 11 march 24th. Worried still about not enough fluids ( full liquids). It actually hurts to drink it is painful with nausea. Is this normal? I keep telling myself it will resolve. I am averaging 350 calories a day and I believe that is simply too low. I see my Dr. Tmrw. Hope he has some insight. I'm a nurse and I may hook myself back up to an IV. Lol

Today marks one month post-op for me! All is well, thank God! I'm now coming from my doctor visit. I've moved on to stage 3 with my surgeon's practice. I can now eat solids, introduction of new foods each week. Salads and rice in 2 weeks time. I am down 35 lbs! Looking forward to losing more! Best to all!

Day 11 march 24th. Worried still about not enough fluids ( full liquids). It actually hurts to drink it is painful with nausea. Is this normal? I keep telling myself it will resolve. I am averaging 350 calories a day and I believe that is simply too low. I see my Dr. Tmrw. Hope he has some insight. I'm a nurse and I may hook myself back up to an IV. Lol

My surgery was also the 24th and I've been averaging 350 calories a day too... Yesterday I hit 410 which was an all time high. I talked to my nut and she said I'm right on track, that seems to be the norm this early out. She said i won't be getting all my fluids or Protein yet but keep trying. She said I'll probably eat around 500 calories up to one month post op. So just stay hydrated and keep trying!

<p>Thanks everyone. I'll be more patient and focus on the healing. With as much Fluid as they pumped into me in the hospital, common sense says I need to wait for results. LOL.. Still not thinking real clear, emotions running on overdrive today. My nutritionist warned me that this might happen..she called it buyers remorse. Said it can happen around day 3 or 4. Right on schedule! Going to take a few deep breaths and hide the scale in the closet for awhile. :)</p>

Day 3 or 4 was super emotional for me too, and then it hit me hard again on day 6 ( I was constipated and in pain) once I got over that I have been okay since. Keep on keepin on! One day at a time!