Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

Friday was week 3 post op and I must say I have been feeling so great! But today I didn't feel too good. My tummy hurt a little bit and just felt like poo! But feeling better now! Just taking it one day at a time.

Me, Shannon? I don't use anything, or eat Soup yet.

Sorry girl it was meant for sugar free me but I miss an selected wrong thing and seen where you commented and wasn't paying attention.

Hi Shannon - I have a whey Protein I got from Fruitful Yield, it's called Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate - unflavored. Because it's whey (dairy) it's good for adding to Soups (Cream of chicken soup that is strained) and Hot tea as it gives it a creamy consistency. It has 27 grams of protein a scoop so I add 1/2 a scoop and I'm good for 10/12 grams each 4 oz serving. I also add it to my cream of wheat Cereal. Yesterday I added refried Beans with a dallop of sour cream. Yummy!!!!! Today I'm going to add blended cottage cheese. One new food a day was recommended so I can see what my tummy thinks of each one. So far no real bad reactions to anything except Tomato Soup. That left me with a yucky filmy feel in my mouth for hours after I ate. Also later that night I had diarrhea (tmi), I don't want that again. Are you eating pureed's yet and if so, what's working for you?

I'm one week post op and still feel like I have a constant aching pain in my upper abdomen and upper back, finding it hard to get comfortable. Anyone else experience this?

Hi Shannon - I have a whey Protein I got from Fruitful Yield, it's called Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate - unflavored. Because it's whey (dairy) it's good for adding to Soups (Cream of chicken Soup that is strained) and Hot tea as it gives it a creamy consistency. It has 27 grams of protein a scoop so I add 1/2 a scoop and I'm good for 10/12 grams each 4 oz serving. I also add it to my cream of wheat cereal. Yesterday I added refried Beans with a dallop of sour cream. Yummy!!!!! Today I'm going to add blended cottage cheese. One new food a day was recommended so I can see what my tummy thinks of each one. So far no real bad reactions to anything except Tomato Soup. That left me with a yucky filmy feel in my mouth for hours after I ate. Also later that night I had diarrhea (tmi), I don't want that again. Are you eating pureed's yet and if so, what's working for you?

I'm 18 days out now , been doing puree since day 3. I do a lot of the re fried beans and yogurts my stomach is super sensitive still, I just need to find a way to get in more protein. I drink the Carnation Breakfast essentials twice a day but I need something with more protein I'm gonna start trying different Protein Drinks.< /p>

I cannot wait to get moved to purée. I am one week post op but they keep us on shakes until two weeks post op. Same shakes they had me on two weeks pre op and I am so sick of them.

Shannon - Have you tried adding unflavored Protein to different things? I've added it to Soup, tea and I add the chocolate protein to my cream of wheat. I'm always looking for ways to get it in, I was told to try to get in 10 grams at every meal. Not always easy to do, that's why I add it to my tea.

Shannon - Have you tried adding unflavored Protein to different things? I've added it to Soup, tea and I add the chocolate protein to my cream of wheat. I'm always looking for ways to get it in, I was told to try to get in 10 grams at every meal. Not always easy to do, that's why I add it to my tea.

I'm gonna go today and get some unflavored to add to my soup and maybe my yogurt. I have the chocolate Protein Shake by bod-e its yummy ! But I think I could get alot more in taking your advice and adding it to Soups. So thanks! :)

I'm one week post op and still feel like I have a constant aching pain in my upper abdomen and upper back, finding it hard to get comfortable. Anyone else experience this?

I am not having any constant pain and I am 4 days out. And for the TMI section, thankful for loose stools!

Having a serious craving for pizza...wasn't even one of my go to foods, but I feel like following delivery guys around just smell it :(

Having a serious craving for pizza...wasn't even one of my go to foods, but I feel like following delivery guys around just smell it :(

i saw a recipe for pizza except the crust was a portabella mushroom - I can't wait until I can try it off the grill this summer - Yummy..

i saw a recipe for pizza except the crust was a portabella mushroom - I can't wait until I can try it off the grill this summer - Yummy..

that sounds good. It's weird, I just want to taste the topping no sauce or crust..lol

I am craving popcorn soooooo bad. The only time I ate popcorn before surgery was at the movies which was like every other month or so if not longer. I don't know why I want it so bad, but I do :(

Hahaha..our minds are playing dirty tricks on us. I may be due to the fact the shakes, pudding, and Popsicles are sweet, we are craving salty things, I just want the cheese and pepperoni, no sauce or crust ;)

Have you guys figured out when your pouch is full?