Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

Glucerna is specially formulated for diabetics so it won't spike your blood sugar (200 calories per shake). I bought the vanilla and Butter Pecan today. Both are OK, but I like the Butter Pecan the best (even better than the Chocolate). Haven't tried the strawberry yet, but I'll probaby try it just to keep from getting tired of drinking the same thing for two weeks.

Here is the official Gastric Band Institute pre-op diet that I was sent via email (since I'm starting my diet prior to the pre-op class).

BEGIN THIS PLAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY

* 6 CANS OF GLUCERNA shakes EACH DAY

* 1-2 (8-OUNCE) SERVINGS LOW-FAT YOGURT A DAY - PLAIN OR ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED

* 2 (8 OUNCE) GLASSES OF fruit juice (100% JUICE) EACH DAY

* Water, DIET SOFT drinks, sugar-free KOOL-AID, CRYSTAL LITE, UNSWEETENED TEA, coffee (SUGAR SUBSTITUTE) AS MUCH AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO DRINK.

* YOU MAY DRINK ANY LOW CALORIE, NO SUGAR liquids SUCH AS broth, TEAS, ETC.

They do have quite a bit of Protein. After the third day, I couldn't drink 6 of them anymore. I ended up only doing 3 maybe 4 a day.

I believe that she lost her job because she signed the UPS package that contains my payment for surgery.$6100 and misplaced it. I put a stop pay on the cashiers chedk but it will take 90 days before it can be reissued. So Dr Ponce won't get paid for 3 mo. She also didnt notice that my paymt wasnt posted before I had surgery.

She even asked me if I could put up more cash while they wait for the reissue. That took nerve.

I am not surprise that she is gone. She sounded very nervous about her job.

Wow, that makes since then why she is gone. She never seemed like she cared about her job anyway. She was also doing some other things that would be considered insurance fraud, but I won't go into detail here.

I'm glad you had your surgery though. At least you didn't have to wait 3 months longer over her stupid mistake. I wonder what she did with your payment? What did you tell her when she asked you for cash? I can't believe she asked you that!

I told her that I had already cashed in some securities for the Surgery $18,800+ and that there was no more cash available and that I had done my part as required. She then asked if I could just give alittle. I said NO.

I don't blame you, I wouldn't have given anymore either. I just wonder if her refunding me more money than she was supposed to had anything to do with her losing her job as well. She should have caught that.

It's funny that you mentioned the insurance fraud. I wondered about that myself. I guess we all had our little run ins with her that made you wonder how she worked for such a large practice.

She mentioned doing some things when we were getting my paperwork together to submit to insurance.

I went to my Gastric Band Institute pre-op class this morning. We got to handle both bands and I chose the Realize Band, primarily due to the lower profile port (they said that they didn't use the optional low-profile port for the LapBand). The new second generation Realize Band just came out in late 2008, and visually the quality appears to be the same as the normal LapBand. Dr. Ponce was the first surgeon to place the Realize Band in the U.S (in Dalton, GA where I'm having my surgery), so I feel comfortable with my decision.

I'm now on day three of my pre-op liver diet, and I'm doing pretty well. I don't really have any hunger (except for "head" hunger). I've lost three pounds so far since Monday. Eleven days to go until my Surgery on Jan 26th!

Sounds like you are doing really good. It didn't really matter to me which band I got, so I just chose the Lap Band because it has been around longer. Which really doesn't mean much. Good luck!