Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

You know you can't trust what Johnna said. She has told me so many things that have turned out to be not true. I hope that you get a good amount of money back though.

You know, you have been trying to get that money back for a while now. Why haven't they just cut you a check?

I know, I don't really believe Johnna. I think she looked at it wrong. She had to email someone in Dalton to tell them to mail me the check. So I am thinking when I get it in the mail, it is going to be a lot less. I'm sure the people in Dalton will figure it out right.

They haven't cut me a check yet because my insurance just now finished paying for all of the fills and unfills I had to have. So in a way it wasn't their fault. But if Johnna would have just filed the insurance right in the first place, it would have all been straightened out a long time ago.

Does anyone happen to have the number to the Dalton office? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Dr Ponce at the Gastric Band Institute is doing my surgery on Jan 26th (I start my pre-op "liver" diet on Jan 12). For those of you who used Dr. Ponce, how did you feel for the first few days post-op and what are your recommendations for pain relief/gas relief/sleeping?

Dr Ponce at the Gastric Band Institute is doing my surgery on Jan 26th (I start my pre-op "liver" diet on Jan 12). For those of you who used Dr. Ponce, how did you feel for the first few days post-op and what are your recommendations for pain relief/gas relief/sleeping?

I can honestly say that I felt great after surgery. I took my pain medicine only to keep from having sudden pain. I was able to take plain liquid tylenol for pain after day three. The gas is the biggest issue. Walking was the only thing that helped. I had the gasx strips but they didn't do anything for me. Congrats on your upcoming surgery! Good luck! Keep us posted.

Edited by *slim*

The gas pain, for me, didn't even start until day 5. It lasted off and on for about 3 days. The more I was able to walk, the less it hurt. I did have trouble sleeping only because I was a stomach sleeper. I slept in a chair for the first few days. After that, I slept on my side with a pillow under my stomach.

I was banded by Ponce on Dec 18th. I had no problem sleeping for I sleep on my back. The gas pain was my problem. It lasted for about 6 days. I walked and then put a heating pad on my shoulder and neck. I stil have a problem with neck and shoulder pain for I hve arthitis and when they straped my arm back for surgery, they stretched a little to much for my shoulder. All in all he did a great job.

Did anyone ever suffer from mild depression right after surgery?

Yes, I suffered some depression right after surgery. I think it is normal. I even had a crying moment where I wondered what I did to myself. But I really did have a lot of pain the first few days. The pain meds did help, but they didn't seem to last long enough. I did have trouble sleeping because I couldn't get comfortable. I would also wake up in the middle of the night starving and I would have to get up and get some Jello or something. But it does get so much better. I would do it again in a minute. Just hang in there, and you will feel a lot better soon.

I called Johnna this morning to get a script for my pre-surgery lab work and was told she no longer works at the Gastric Band Institute.