Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2014 Sleevers

Is the Biotin to prevent Hair loss?

Yes, I've already started taking it so I can get a head start! Lol

Did you have to stop all Vitamins a week before surgery?

I don't know yet. My pre-op appt is 5/1 a week b4 the surgery but my guess is they will stop all vitamins.

Congratulations kgregory! I also am scheduled for May 12th! I am excited and nervous. I have my pre-op appointments this morning with the Nurse and Anesthesiologist.

Edited by jenasp41

Scheduled for May 8 (barring any problems with insurance). Woohoo! Looking forward to losing the weight!

2 weeks for me too, Ness!! I don't have to start my pre-op til next week, but I'm practicing....I'll be in Tijuana also..

Started pre-op today!! Just two weeks till surgery!!

Just had my sleeve by Dr. Jose Rodriguez and I feel good. A little bit of discomfort . Just finish walking the halls twice. Hospital is very nice and super clean. I saw the pictures but was still very surprise. Everyone is super caring.

Thank you!

How are all the May Sleevers doing?? :)

I feel I am doing well. Not great but not bad either. I am down 63 pounds and have perfect bloodwork. Started at 265 the middle of May. I can run mile in 13-14 minuted consistently and ran my first 5K in under 45 minutes. Right now I don't have a scale at home and will not dwell on a number, I will gauge my success on how healthy I feel and look. I have no regrets!

I'm doing great. Down 59 pounds, but in a bit of a stall for the past two weeks. But if I don't lose another pound, I'm still thrilled that I did this surgery.

I have been running, and am constantly amazed at how much fun it is to be active now that I'm not struggling with all that extra weight! But I would like to lose another 30 pounds or so, if I can. I have a feeling I am going to be a "slow and steady" loser. Even in the beginning, I never had any huge losses after the first two weeks, when weight was coming off at a rate of nearly a pound a day. Since then, its been 1-2 pounds a week, and I feel that now I've maybe slowed down to 1/2 pound a week if that. But it's still going in the right direction, and that's what matters!

The other thing that amazes me is how little I think about food now. It's more of a habit, to eat at a mealtime, rather than because I'm hungry. Before surgery, my whole day would revolve around when I was eating next, and what I would eat. My husband and I ate out at least 4 or 5 times in a week. Now I can't remember the last time I actually ate in a restaurant. Probably a month ago. My mother and sister are visiting next week, and I'm actually dreading it a little, just because I know they will want to go out to eat every night! What a change!

Sleeved on May 7th weighing in at 254 and today I am 194!!!! I feel it's a little slower than others but I'm happy that 60 lbs is gone!!post-197629-14126603833334_thumb.jpgwpost-197629-14126604504064_thumb.jpg