Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas, Gas and more gas

Okay, it is going on two years since I had my surgery and I became a gassy person. I get even if I sip Water. I some times feel bad for the people on the bus because when it comes out the other end and it does all the time it is smelly. I can't stop it. I talk I burp. I walk I fart. I take GasX or Beano nothing. As I typed this question I burped about 20 times and they were not small one. Please tell me this is going to stop. Someone Please

I have the problem with burping. Even though it's an antacid, try chewing on Tums throughout the day to keep the gas down. Also, you might want to watch your carb intake since it a major cause of gas. Gas-X didn't work for me at all but ever since I started chewing 3 or 4 tums a few times a day, my burping is barely noticeable even though it's still there and like you, I burp even when drinking Water. It's kinda depressing though to hear that you're suffering from this two years post-op. I was keeping my hopes up that it was temporary since I'm only 2 months post-op.

Edited by BamaBoo64

I had my gallbladder removed almost 1yr ago and that us a side affect already for me(belching and gas all of the time) the good thing is that there is no smell...I guess that all will resume to normal for me.. good luck

I have the problem with burping. Even though it's an antacid, try chewing on Tums throughout the day to keep the gas down. Also, you might want to watch your carb intake since it a major cause of gas. Gas-X didn't work for me at all but ever since I started chewing 3 or 4 tums a few times a day, my burping is barely noticeable even though it's still there and like you, I burp even when drinking Water. It's kinda depressing though to hear that you're suffering from this two years post-op. I was keeping my hopes up that it was temporary since I'm only 2 months post-op.

Hey thanks I was already chew tums and did not know the info about carbs. And that is my major in take because I can not eat vegetables and fruit.< /p>

I had my gallbladder removed almost 1yr ago and that us a side affect already for me(belching and gas all of the time) the good thing is that there is no smell...I guess that all will resume to normal for me.. good luck

Thank you

I get horrible gas, especially if I eat anything with sugar. Carbs like rice are not as bad but if eat candy or a cookie , I better go and hide for awhile.

It's a big problem for me. I hate it. Some days, I have no idea what's causing it.

Yep I have days like that to and especially if I eat the sugar free crap! :)

Being a vegetarian.... all that Fiber,cabbage, Beans and such, can really lead to some gasbomb days! The intestinal biome loves to make gas!

I was farty before but now I just blow farts all the time. Thankfully, it's just air and never smell unless I actually need to go to the bathroom. But I don't get it, fart fart fart, Has no connection to any particular food either,,

Was wondering if this ever went away lol. 3 months out and fart ALL the time. Small price to pay I guess, thankfully mine have no smell either.

I didn't think mine had a smell cause I can't smell it but according to my daughter, they reek.

I've had other people say something wondering who smelled up the entire room, and I wanted to run and hide.

My poor husband looks at me like he is amazed because I would never fart like I do now. He laughs cause he knows Im super embarassed. But its so funny, a friends husband ran up to us as soon as he heard I had surgery like his wife, warned my husband that I would be gassy we both said nooooo but we soon said yeeesss

My husband and sons find it funny too. My husband finds extra humor in the fact that sometimes I unexpectedly do it while walking.

Edited by brittu