Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

Anyone else really tired? I just can't make it through the day without a nap! I just want to sleep all the time!

I'm drinking the Bariatric Advantage protien shakes and taking all the Vitamins. I guess I am only 11 days out, but man I thought I would be good to go after a week. I've been off the pain meds for 6 days so that's not it.

Are you all feeling better???:bored

I was tired too at that point.

Even the third week I was needing to nap many nights after work.

It will get better, promise.

Juli in OH

Today I saw my PCP. She ordered another blood test to look at my liver levels and I peep in a cup and I need to schedule a HIDA scan so we can determine the state of my gall bladder (even if it is stone free). She also gave me more Zofran. I see the surgeon on Thursday. PCP gave me a couple of her cards, I need to have my surgeon send her some info about the band and complications that she should keep an eye out for, that sort of thing.

I am behind on school work and stuff so I need to hit the books the next few days, go to office hours, etc.

As far as being tired, well I can certainly emphacise with that one. I'm tired an awful lot! But that is nothing new for me. I'm going to be starting xyrem soon to see if it helps with that, and I'm a little nervous about that and the sodium levels in it (its a high sodium med) but I've heard taking a magnesium supplement and eating a bannana every day and staying well hydrated will help with that.

Kyethra,

Looks like we are in the same boat. I am having a HIDA scan done on April 26. The nurse said that we need to make sure everything is alright before I can have a fill. So I took that to mean if I didn't do the HIDA I would be delaying my fill. At first I was hoping that I wouldn't need a fill for a long time, now that I can eat everything and have no restriction at night (am fine during the day) I WANT MY FILL!!!

Hi. I'm a Marchie too. I was banded on March 22nd. I'm 18 days post op and feel better with everyday that passes. I finally got to start eating foods again on Friday. It has been awesome to add fish, eggs, and potatoes to my diet.

However, I have had a soar in my mouth since I got home from surgery. It's almost like they nicked my gums with the breathing tube during surgery. Anyway, my teeth right about the soar have been hurting for 4 days now. I'm going to the dentist today, but just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

I had a D&C last year and had that exact problem....cankor sores on bottom gums...went to dentist, she was going to send me to oral surgeon...went to PCP, she thought I had bone infection...sent me for bone scan...finally after maybe 4 weeks, I was running my tongue over sore spot and a tiny piece of bone came out....and it cleared up from there...was just freaky....thankfully, I had NO problems with band surgery=mouth sores or gas pains.....I think they had me on antibiotics also to clear it up.....:sick

Hello March Bandsters. I am 5 weeks out today. I got my first fill last Wed. I thought at first I might feel a little restriction, but have decided now that I do not. I am scheduled for 2nd fill in 6 weeks, well 5 now. But I think I will call my dr. and talk to them about it. I know I am eating too much food, and I am hungry too often. We are going on vacation the first week of May and I think I would like to have restriction to help me from overeating. I certainly don't want to gain while I'm gone.

I went to Texarkana for a support meeting Mon. night. There were two people that got pins for losing 100 lbs. That was encourageing. I think I am going to be a member of the "slow loser club." The best I lost was on the pre-op diet. I hope things pick up when I get another fill.

How do you insert images as you are typing a message? Haven't figured that out.

Hi Marchies,

Been a while since I have posted but I have been checking in on ya! Glad to see so many are doing so well and words of encouragement for those with challenges.

I think I am doing OK, no nausea or vomiting at all but every time I eat it is a different experience. I have noticed that I absolutely must have eaten like a pig before, it has been so hard to eat slowly and take tiny bites. Besides, since I haven't had a fill yet I am ravenous most of the time. I have found that if I eat too fast or take too big of bites it is almost like an air pocket gets caught in my esophogus and the food will start to crawl back out. My mouth will start to Water and I think I may erp! I haven't erped but came really close once, I didn't have pain just waves of the feeling that the food was trying to crawl back up my neck and out. So...I have learned the trick to deal with that.

I am concerned that I have not lost any more weight, I am a a stand still and I am so hungry. I have been trying to eat a small amount more often through out the day of sugar free and low carb items but it really doesn't seem to help much. Banster Hell for sure! Any suggestions here? I got to start regular foods yesterday and had some salad...finally!! I was good but for some reason I wasn't hungry at the time and only had a few bites. I did let myself go at Easter dinner last weekend and ate a cresent roll...OMG it tasted wonderful but did I feel like crap afterward. It seemed to swell in my pouch and felt like a stone stuck there for hours. Guess that was the white bread pasting up and clogging things! It will be a long time before I have white bread again!

I also came down with a bad bladder infection last week. Oh my that was painful...I am so used to drinking a lot with my meals and trying to make that change has been hard. I assume I got the infection from not drinking enough water so I have been trying to always have a bottle with me wherever I go.

I go for my first fill on 4-23 and am looking forward to figuring out if that will help my hunger.

Oh BTW I bought some of that whey protien drink and it tastes awful! I got the fruit punch but there were no directions as to how to drink in on the package. Any ideas????

Thanks a bunch for everyone's never ending support...your blessing many lives!!

April

I have found that if I eat too fast or take too big of bites it is almost like an air pocket gets caught in my esophogus and the food will start to crawl back out.

What an excellent and ACCURATE description! You nailed it and I agree 100%

I think my "full" feeling is a discomfort just to the left of the center of my chest. Not sure and as soon as I feel it, I stop. Serious. I and a bite of food in my mouth when I felt it and I spit it out. Thank goodness I was at home when it happened. I am scared to pb and will not push it. I had eggs with crumbled sausage in it for Breakfast and it is still with me almost 4 hours later. I want to eat my lunch (turkey with gravy and green Beans that I had canned) but think I am still full from breakfast. I do find that at night I can eat more then during the day. Anyone else like this?

:omg: I will be two weeks post op tomorrow. I am supposed to be on liquids but I had been trying a few mushies, feeling hungry and everything else...so I did a bad thing..

I ate a restaurant takeout of fetticini and chicken with garlic bread. I ate it fast and it got down. I kinda wanted to see what PBing was like so I would feel motivated again. Well I never PB'd. It just caused a lot of pain (I would compare it to when you take too big of a bite of food and it hurts all the way down the esophagus except that this one stayed for awhile) i probably would have felt better if I had been throwing up. It has all been digested by now but I still feel the remnents of pain from what I would think was streching. It feels like it does after a bad bout of heartburn. Today I am just having liquids to help it heel.

I wanted to tell my story so the any others that sometimes get a binge mentality like I do, know what to expect.

Also one other question. Now that the inflammation is down around the port I notice that when I bend over I feel the port. It doesn't hurt but it does feel like it is moving around. Anybody else noticing this?

I have found that if I eat too fast or take too big of bites it is almost like an air pocket gets caught in my esophogus and the food will start to crawl back out. My mouth will start to Water and I think I may erp! I haven't erped but came really close once, I didn't have pain just waves of the feeling that the food was trying to crawl back up my neck and out.

April

My doctor says the esophogus is the "no loitering zone" of the body. Hehe. Sounds like you are experience the loiterers being kicked out!

Also one other question. Now that the inflammation is down around the port I notice that when I bend over I feel the port. It doesn't hurt but it does feel like it is moving around. Anybody else noticing this?

JSW-

I also have this feeling. I still can't really bend down long enough to tie my shoes or shave my legs. Is the port 'akwardness' going to go away. I feel it everyday and wonder if it's always going to be so noticable to me or if it will finally find it place in my body and not be so akward feeling.

Hi everyone, I'm so happy to have you all for support. I called the doctor today and let them know that for the last two days I have been having horrible pains in my chest and stomache area. I feel like my stomach is bloated too. I have been eating soft foods, and did have a small piece of ham with sweet potatoes for easter. Last night I had 1 pack of Water downed oatmeal, and the pain came back and lasted all night, This morning I had less than a 1/2 cup of coffee and a baby bell cheese ate it really slow, chewing and the pain came back. This is so hard. The doctor told me to go on Clear Liquids again, and call back tomorrow. They think that something may have got stuck, and thats why I have been PBing for the last 3 days. Has anyone else had this happen, and what did you do? I have lost 24 lbs. so far.

Hi everyone, I'm so happy to have you all for support. I called the doctor today and let them know that for the last two days I have been having horrible pains in my chest and stomache area. I feel like my stomach is bloated too. I have been eating soft foods, and did have a small piece of ham with sweet potatoes for easter. Last night I had 1 pack of Water downed oatmeal, and the pain came back and lasted all night, This morning I had less than a 1/2 cup of coffee and a baby bell cheese ate it really slow, chewing and the pain came back. This is so hard. The doctor told me to go on clear liquids again, and call back tomorrow. They think that something may have got stuck, and thats why I have been PBing for the last 3 days. Has anyone else had this happen, and what did you do? I have lost 24 lbs. so far.

So sorry you are having problems! When were you banded? PBing for 3 days is not good! Good luck and let us know what you find out tomorrow. I think we are all paranoid about problems but it's so good to listen to your body and check out any potential problems or worries in the beginning. I hope everything is okay and that your doctor is right about something being stuck. I'll be anxious to hear.

Thanks Momlambert, I am worried and paranoid too, but I always try to stay positive. I was banded on the 14th of March. My surgeon is in Tennessee and I live in Charleston SC. I almost went to the emergency room last night, Right now I am starting to feel some relief. Thank you.