Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

I have to agree. I have been walking 1.5 miles a day and the pounds have been dropping off. The key is exercise. As much as I don't want to do it I know that its a MUST if I want to see the pounds come off quicker.

Okay, I'll go plug in the treadmill!

I'd love to be walking or bike riding outside, but here in Northern Michigan it snowed last th/fri and saturday! My poor day lilies and tulips, they were already 4 inches high and now are covered in 2 feet of snow!

"I vow this evening to get on my treadmill and walk at least 1 mile.

Cross my heart"

Good for you Mary! You'll see that once you see the pounds drop off you'll want to actually WANT to work out. Strange, but its true.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

So, I get it... EXERCISE, how come its so hard to do and so easy at the same time? Just to go outside and walk should be a piece of cake. (Which I would rather have...the cake) I have a few weeks before my ist fill and I need to get my but in gear... I WILL WALK THIS AFTERNOON. i HAVE TO.

Hey Bobbi! you and I were banded on the same day! I didn't want to belive exercise was the key, but after walking 1.5 miles on Sat and Sun, I actually lost another pound! And I've been trying to use the stairs more often too. Every little bit helps. Before we know it we'll be looking good! :)

I get my fill a week from tomorrow (April 16th) - Tammy, you have yours tomorrow, right?

I dreamt last night that I forgot to go for my fill, and then forgot to fast before my fill and on and on. I think it's weighing on my mind.

YESSSSSS, my first fill is today at 4:45pm!!! :omg: I hope everything goes well. I have to go back on liquids for a couple days so I went and bought more Protein Powder and Soup at Hands. I don't have to fast before my fill. I just called my surgeon's office to make sure and they told me to eat normally. Just curious...Is anyone else told to eat normally before their fill or am I the only one? :)

I hope everyone is doing well! I will check back later to let you all know how my first fill went.

Hi. I'm a Marchie too. I was banded on March 22nd. I'm 18 days post op and feel better with everyday that passes. I finally got to start eating foods again on Friday. It has been awesome to add fish, eggs, and potatoes to my diet.

However, I have had a soar in my mouth since I got home from surgery. It's almost like they nicked my gums with the breathing tube during surgery. Anyway, my teeth right about the soar have been hurting for 4 days now. I'm going to the dentist today, but just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

TammyJ - that's great. Let us know how your fill went. I had my band put in on 3/12 and I don't get my fill until May 22nd. I have the VG band which holds up to 11 cc's of saline. Which one do you have?

After 12 days, 16.5 lbs, and a belt notch, I'm feeling good. :bandit

I got a little cocky last night and took a few bites of pizza that made me PB for the first time, but other than that I'm a good little bandit. :)

I've been a member of LBT since I started looking into the band....I laid low for months while I went through the very long process of getting banded...14 mos.

But I was banded March 8th!

I don't get a fill until May 8th. Needless to say my appetite is normal and I feel little restriction. I'm doing good at using my will power to not over eat, but I can't wait for the fill.

Nice to see the group or Marchies or Marchers...

Happy to be in your company.:)

Juli from Ohio

Well Gals and Guys,

I guess we are truly in bandster hell till we get a good fill.

We have all lost, I say we can do this! Let's all support each other through this time.:clap2:

One huge advantage we have is that it is spring, we have daylight longer, and hopefully the weather will break here in the midwest and we can walk, walk, walk.

We are now done with matzah and chocolate bunnies, YAHOO!

Momlambert and Dem, seems like 2/3 - 1 cup is were we kinda want to fall for food. I think this is doable, it has to be.

Ok, I feel better.

Good luck to everyone for a successful week of big losers.

Toodles,

well, i just ate 3 oz tuna with mayo and about 1/2c cheesey potatoes. that's about the size meal i eat for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is usually coffee and yogurt. lunch is usually Soup and cottage cheese.< /p>

i'm getting rather hungry these days. can't wait until a fill. and it sucks i see my surgeon about 4 times a week at work (also sucks when he's eating candy in front of me! :)) and can't get one sooner.

oh well!

i have the rest of my life to get this weight off since i've probably prolonged it by 20+ years now!

Breakfast is usually 1/4 c. egg beaters, 1 c. juice and some Decaf coffee.< /p>

Mid morning snack was a sugar free creamsicle

lunch today was a 1/2 c. cottage cheese with unsweetened apple sauce and a fat free tapioca pudding cup.

dinner was 1 cup cream of broccoli Soup, 1/4 c. rice with 1 tbsp Promise Lite margerine and a Sugar Free Chocolate pudding cup

And a Protein Shake for an evening snack.

Of course, I sipped Water and Crystal Light in between, and worked out for about 40 minutes earlier this evening. And no, I am not hungry.:clap2:

Hi Marchies,

I'm proud to report I actually went for a walk tonight! Finally enough snow has melted to get outside. I only went for 20 minutes - I know I will need to kick it up a notch if I want the lbs to come off.:)

Marg,

20 minutes is 20 minutes. Good for you. I started walking daily the day I got home from surgery. I feel so much better when I walk. If it is too cold outside, I try my elipitcal (sp), that sucks, my legs are on fire by .5 miles. I don't think I have lost anything this week, I will know for sure in the morning when I do "MY" official weigh in.

Well, week three and still sitting at 199. I know that this time is for healing, but it would be nice to see some more weight loss. I plan on walking more and hoping to get my exercise area set up soon so I can add Sweating to the Oldies (I love Richard!!!).

I started taking my Lipator and Chlorathaldone again this morning. The Lipator I think I felt on its way down, but the Chlorathaldone is small so it was easy. Also started this new med to help prevent gall stones. I have to cut it open and sprinkle it on some cottage cheese, YUCK!! I think I will try it with applesause tomorrow.

Well, have a great week everyone.