Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

Oh I have no idea when I am getting a fill. I go back for another post op apointment in about 3-4 weeks. I guess we will see how I am doing then. Right now I don't need a fill.

Hey Tammy, we were banded on the same date. HIGH FIVE GIRLFRIEND!!! HIGH FIVE TO US ALL MARCHIES!!!

So far, everything is going well. I start mushies on Thurs (can't wait). What I really need to do now is get on the ball with an exercise plan. I wish I had someone to work out with as none of my friends will but OH WELL!!! Gotta do what I gotta do.

I'm just very happy that I've joined a wonderful family of lap banders. This site is excellent and I learn so much.

Thanks Tammy!

I am on to soft foods with introduction of more solid foods everyday.

No PBing yet...crossing my fingers! I have my first fill 4/9 which I believe is a little too early---but the doctor doesn't---so I am doing it. When is everyone else banded in early March getting their first fill? I am very nervous. I really haven't had a full meal yet---I still pick and eat very very little portions.

Hello all...my first post to this website.:clap2:

I was banded on March 16th and my first fill is scheduled for May 11th.

E

great new thread. I was banded 3/27 and am pretty much pain free now. However I need to get up and moving more because classes start tuesday and I need to be able to walk across campus. I walked to the grocery store this morning and broke out in a cold sweat. I think it is just from not moving around as much as should. That is probably the same reason I still have aweful gas. Does anyone have suggestions to get rid of it? I have been taking Gas-X chewables but it has not had much effect. Good luck to us all!!!!!

Hello everyone!!!! I have now crossed over to the thread as well.... Thanks Tammy for getting this new thread started... the other one was just toooooo loooonngggg..........

Thanks for starting the new thread! I was HUNGRY for the first time yesterday since my 3/5 surgery. Seemed like I was having too much pureed food, but when I entered everything in Sparkpeople.com, I had only consumed 1300 cals. A day like that pre-band would easily have set me back 3500 cals. I love my band! Now I'll need to work harder on that head hunger.....

I was banded on 3/29. :clap2:All went well. He also repaired a hiatal hernia so I don't know what is normal as far as pain and gas. It hurts alot when I breath deeply and the gas is constantly on the move. I was wondering if that is why the gas X? I bought some but I havn't taken any yet because gas to me is kind of an acid reflux. Other than that I feel fine. I'm on full liqids for a week and am trying to figure out what a good balance is for me. I have no hunger and drinking seems to be more of a bother than anything--so I don't know how much I should push it. I know I need to stay hydrated and am working on that. Also I have been putting some benefiber in my drinks because I am stopped up to last Wednesday. :help:Any ideas?

Just a quick bump to say I made it over to the new thread.

Welcome JusCallMeE and hope everyone has a great week.

Tammy - thanks for starting this thread. I was banded on 3/12/07. Lost 7 lbs before the surgery and now 13 lbs since the surgery... a tota of 20 lbs. all together.

I'm feeling much better. I have an appt with the doctor on Thursday. I'm hoping he says I can start eating more solid foods. I've been on mushy foods. No fills yet.

Good evening everyone!

Welcome to the new thread :D I agree the title is perfect.

So here I am, I have slowly been leaving liquids in favor of more mushies :girl_hug:

Last week I had soft boiled eggs and Protein Drinks, and today I attempted thinned down oatmeal. I was only able to drink about 2oz, but it really filled me up :clap2:

As for pain, I'm still having it, although I'm down to 1 pill every 6 hrs and I was able to go 7.5 hrs before taking a pill just now.

Hope everyone else is doing well :D

Hey guys!

I got home late last night. Banded on Friday. Me, my mom and my DH got to the hospital in NYC at 5:30 am for my 7:30 am sugery. They had me booked as gastric bypass, but my doc knew he was doing lapband. Thank g-d, but all the paper work kept saying bypass so it was kinda scary. Things went really well! I was in the recovory room for 2 hours though cause they said I wasnt taking a deep breath my oxygen was too low. I was on oxygen the whole time I was in the hospital and had to use a one of those asthma treatment machines with the smoke coming out I forgot what it is call. Had to do 5 of those. I was told i was going to go home between 1 and 2 pm yesterday and had to have and upper GI between 8 and 9 am first. I didnt have my UGI until 12 and we were waiting for the results for very long. I had to wait for that and then I could finally drink. Once I drank they would take out my cathider and if I urinated I could go home. I would have eight hours to do so. So the UGI game out negative and they let me drink, but there was somthing wrong with my blood test. So, they had to do another later. Everytime I saw the doc he was like y do you still have your cathider in. The dumb nurse kept saying she didnt have the order. well anyways she took it out and I urinated right away thank g-d. We finally got the blood test results back at like 5:30. I got dischared around 7 pm they gave me a happy shot before we left my DH and i were soooooooooooo tired. The ride home was sooooo rough! I felt like when you are drunk and you have to pee. It hurt so much! We had to stop twice to use the bathroom. We went to CVS to get my pain meds since that was the only thing open. I waited for that while my DH wen to get wonton Soup for him and broth for me. we ate I took my pain meds and passed right out. Best sleep last night I had gotten in a long time. At the hospital I only got 4 hours sleep total, all I wanted to do was walk. The doc was happy and said keep walking. I let my DH sleep in the room while I walked he needed the rest and I had the nurses lol.

Today was good. I had for chicken broth for Breakfast. I had squash Soup for lunch. I had to do two oz. of soup with two oz. of Water. I didnt know how thick it was. My mom and dad came over. They brought lunch for DH and when food shopping for things I didnt know I would want or need. I walked in the morning and then again with my mom. I want to walk now but it is raining :girl_hug:. For dinner I had my first Protein shake and it was soooooooooo good. I have been hungery the whole time. Dosent really bother me though. I have sips of things and it goes away for like 5 mins. The gas hurts, but when I get up and walk it goes away and I am find. my insitions moved so much. in the hospital my port was right under my left breast. when i woke up this morning everything had come down so much. even mike (dh) was like what the hell. I guess the swelling has gone down some now though.

Sorry about the long post, i'm sure there is more too.

Hope everyone is doing good. My pain meds make me hyper lol.

Susie

Well can I be so lucky?? *NOT* I have an infection in my port!! It so hurts!! I went to the doctor last Thursday for my check up and she took off the little strips which did not come off. She said my skin was a little red from the strips but no big deal. Well the next day it was bright red around the port incision and you can see a stitch poking out. They wanted me to come back in Friday but I could not make it, it is over an hour one way. I am on major antibiotics and going back Monday so they can dig what ever is in there out.:girl_hug: Kinda mad because I was doing so good eating most everything except hamburger and steak with ease and really feeling excited about my band. Anyone else hear of this and what did they do?

Anyone know if the magic bullet cups are microwave safe? I don't see anything written on them about it and can't find my paperwork that came with it. Would be nice to be able to puree Soups and then just microwave when I got to work.

Today was a hard day - went out to eat for a relative's birthday dinner. Got some fabulous fish and well cooked veggies. As usual I was full VERY quickly.

But I still wanted to eat because it tasted so good. I was so pissed off that I couldn't. I guess that is part of the adjustment phase - my body wasn't hungry but man oh man did my taste buds and head want some more!

Well, the up side of not being able to eat it all at your outing was now you can have it again as left overs. I wanted some Cereal so bad this morning, hubby was eating it, but I sat with my Protein Shake and was a good girl. I've been coughing alot, getting crap up out of my lungs and of course when I have phlem in my throat I gag so I'm a little paranoid I'm going to slip my band, but I can't help the gagging...it just happens. I hope all this crap gets out of lungs soon....oh and I remember someone mentioned diarrehea (sp?)...so how long is that lovely experience going to last? Started this morning and really hoping it's not too long cause it's WAY annoying.