Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slowest Weight Loss Ever!

I'm three months out and have only lost 17 lbs. I keep track of every bite I take with myfitnesspal and stay between 600 - 800 calories a day. I drink Water and get my Protein in.

I AM NOT AT A PLATO! I have been losing slowly from the minute I left the hospital. I didn't have any pre hospital weight loss because the hospital I went to didn't push it so it's 17 lbs total pre and post surgery.

I'm so depressed. I'm losing weight as fast as I would if I had no operation at all. I just wish I knew why.

Have you gone to your surgeon? Have you gone to a nutritionist? Those would be my first courses of action. I wasn't losing like I wanted the first month and immediately went to see the nutritionist. I see you're tracking your calories, getting your Water and Protein but are you exercising? If you're only taking in 600-800 calories a day, and you're not expending energy, your body is going to think you're starving and keep all of that weight. Get moving. Even if it's just across your living room. Don't mean to sound gross, but are you "moving your bowels"? If not, you need to add Fiber supplements to get things moving down there. I'm a slow loser as well - 30 pounds in just over 3 months - so I know where you're coming from. Talk to your doctor!!!

Exercise really helps with my stalls.. I'd i don't exercise..I lose so slow. When I exercise the weight drops at a good rate. Don't compare yourself with some who has to lose 100 pounds. Their weight loss will be more rapid. Be grateful for those 17 pounds and see a nut, your dr, and exercise if u r not. It will work. Out in time. Also think how the sleeve will. Help u maintain your weight if u follow the protocol. Of course we can all lose weight..I had the sleeve to not just lose weight ..but a tool to help me maintain my weight. To me slow but sure wins the race. I have lost 42 pounds in all. 32 pounds post surgery.

Hi,

I know you must be frustrated, but as my doctor explained to me - anyone can lost 20 pounds fast...but the Sleeve will give you the tool to lose the weight and then keep losing the weight. So, if you multiply your loss by 12 months - where will you be? Always helps me when I get frustratd with weeks of no losses - know your story is different, but looking at the big picture may help :-).

Good luck!

Egg, I second the suggestion that you see your doctor. 17 lbs in 3 months isn't normal, even for slow losers. Make sure you take a print out of your food tracking and exercise so they can drill down.

So, tell us about yourself. Age? Gender? Going through menopause? These things can all contribute to slow loss.

I am a slow loser so my doctor recommended that I take up strength training since I have no muscle (101 lbs. lean body mass when I started - out of 211 lbs of weight). I've since gained 10-15 lbs. of muscle. The muscle increases your metabolism, so you lose fat a bit faster (not a tremendous amount, but it does help). I've been doing it since the beginning of January. Lost almost nothing all of January, then a bit more in February, and now it's beginning to be 2-3 lbs. a week (before I lost 1-2 lbs. a week max).

Good luck.

I like your name because that is the way I see myself and for felling frustrate I understand that feeling too My total weight lose for my first year was 50 lbs and in my second year I gain 16 lbs. I track everything and every medical person I see tells me that I am the cause. But they don't tell me what I am doing wrong so I can correct. Just hang on in there you will be a success. As for I am going back to basic. I am going back to a liquid diet for two weeks and then I will then go soft then go back on week two of solids. I will walk every day after all meals. I will prayer that this will work for. But again keep asking the question and you will reach that goal sooner than you know it

I'm three months out and have only lost 17 lbs. I keep track of every bite I take with myfitnesspal and stay between 600 - 800 calories a day. I drink Water and get my Protein in.

I AM NOT AT A PLATO! I have been losing slowly from the minute I left the hospital. I didn't have any pre hospital weight loss because the hospital I went to didn't push it so it's 17 lbs total pre and post surgery.

I'm so depressed. I'm losing weight as fast as I would if I had no operation at all. I just wish I knew why.

I can relate with being a slow looser. I was not to my surgeons goal at 16 weeks and he questioned me about diet, exercise, Water and Protein intake. I was following all the rules but wasn't loosing as expected. He concluded because of my thyroid disease I would not loose weight "fast". I don't buy the explanation because my levels are perfect on my current supplementation of thyroid medication.

I am still loosing weight so I do not worry about how fast (even when each check in with the surgeon is frustrating when the staff comment on my weight loss).

I admit the scale is a frustration that haunts most sleevers. When I am feeling low, I don't weight myself since I know that will just add to the depression. I will check my weight when I am "ready" and know that 1 lb a week is my average loss.

Hang in there and know that you are on the road to a new lifestyle. How you get there is up to you so smile and cruse this site for support.

I'm starting to wonder if I have a thyroid problem. I need to get it checked.

I don't see my Dr as often as I should because I live in the outback. It's 8 hours drive then hotel accommodations and getting work off. But I do need to see him.

About me, I'm 43, I walk every day for exercise plus sit ups and other strength exercises I do on the floor. Like I said I keep track of all my food even little nibbles.

I had gastric sleeve surgery on Jan,21,2014.my start weight was 320 on day of surgery 300.I'm now 280.I don't feel like I'm progressing at all.I walk and walk the treadmill.I have osteoarthritis in both knees however,I still do as much as possible.over an hour walking outside about 20 minutes on treadmill.does anyone have any other suggestions to aide.?

Do your knees feel any better with the weight you have lost?