Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many did you get

I know EVERYONE is different and I know surgeons do things differently. But I would like to start a survey to see how many CC's you got in your band on the FIRST fill.....and how many you currently have.

Thanks

You are so right...I had my first fill 5weeks post op and had 2ccs and I now am 13 weeks post op and have 5.5ccs. I've lost a total 35lbs. Had my band been primed I probably would of lost more but I'm perfectly happy with my loss!!! Please don't get discouraged if you have a slow loss because eventually you will get there. Patience is the key to success and with GODS will everything is possible!!!????????????????

You are so right...I had my first fill 5weeks post op and had 2ccs and I now am 13 weeks post op and have 5.5ccs. I've lost a total 35lbs. Had my band been primed I probably would of lost more but I'm perfectly happy with my loss!!! Please don't get discouraged if you have a slow loss because eventually you will get there. Patience is the key to success and with GODS will everything is possible!!!dde09dde09dde09dde09

You are so right. I've let myself get discouraged so quickly. I didn't realize that I wouldn't have fill in my band immediately after surgery or that I may take months to get to where my band is working. No ones fault but my own, because I failed to research enough. Or had I found this site a year ago I Would of been a lot more prepared. But you are right with God all things are possible and without him I never would have gotten this insurance with the insurance I have. It was definitely a God thing.

I didn't know either. Thought the journey started as soon as I had surgery but for me, it didn't start till my 3rd fill 4 months after surgery. Disappointing but you get over it.

I worry that I've stretched my band because obviously 1/2 cup of food 3 times a day isn't going to satisfy me. But then again is it possible to stretch a band/pouch when there was nothing in the band to start with? And now that there is something in my band am I gonna stretch it because 1/2 a cup still isn't getting it? Oh so many questions. I'm thinking about calling my doctors office on Monday and saying "hey I'm not really noticing anything with the fill I just got". But I'm afraid they will think imjust not trying. Any words of advice out there ????

I know it's aggravating but the slower the fills the better you are at not being over filled. I know you don't feel a difference as of yet but you will. Going slow gives you time to see exactly when you finally feel the difference. I have 3cc's in my band and have plenty of restriction. I got 1.5 both times and it was it. Its been two years since I had a fill. You don't want a large fill then have to go back and get some removed. Its frustrating yes but being too tight is hell.

If a half cup is not keeping you full then eat six small meals a day. At least you will feel fuller longer.

You're a worrier aren't you? LOL...No need to worry. I've never heard of anyone stretching their pouch on liquids or mushies. I think you may have a misunderstanding of how your band and pouch operate. When you have time, watch all of these videos. They're much more informative than any seminar I went to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa3Lwt6ElIs&list=UL Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jYJipQ7vc part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbdhf44ZweI&feature=relmfu Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF3TCKUn3YI Part 4

My fills are shown below in my signature. I agree fully with the comment above...imho it's best to go slowly, and remember to stick to your postop directives which are designed to give you maximum satiety. It is important to use both the band and your eating plan to promote fullness...don't rely on the band alone as that won't do it for you. Dense Proteins first! While you are in the losing phase, cut out anything that provokes the "must eat more" feeling because believe me, even with a band, you can eat more.

My philosophy is to stay with the lowest fill level possible, so you have somewhere to go as you lose weight and lose the viseral fat around your stomach, and need to get more fill. I've read bandsters who go right up to a high fill level with the thought that they will lose weight super quickly, live on Protein shakes and think it is normal to PB or vomit every day. That is no way to live, at least for me.

I agree with the others that slower is better only because you do not want to start overly tight and then have some removed just to only have a little more added it back in. Basically it would be best to avoid that see-saw fill in and fill out action.

That said my first fill was a big one as my band was empty but as you can see it still was not enough to put me in the green zone. I haven't had a fill since Jan 2012 but I am feeling due for one soon.

11cc Realize Band:
1st fill 5/29/12 5cc
2nd fill 6/12/12 1cc
3rd fill 7/02/12 1cc
4th fill 8/14/12 1cc
5th fill 9/4/12 1cc
6th fill 1/29/13 .5

By the way this link here has a lot of good info on the band and how it works. It is a very good straight forward read without all the techno babble.

http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

I had my surgery Oct 17. My first fill was December 1st. He put 3.5cc in my 10cc band. I had my fourth fill 2 weeks ago so I now have 5.75cc in my band. Since my surgery, I'm only down 5 lbs which, to me, isn't enough. Though I knew it took a while for the band to be adjusted, I didn't think it would take this long. Since this last fill, I find I can't eat in the morning. I've read here that some people wake up with a tight band and I wondered how that could happen but it has happened to me. I feel as though I'll have a stuck episode if I eat. So, I'm with you in that I didn't think it would take this long to get the weight loss rolling. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what satiety feels like because I don't have it yet. What makes me stop eating now is the feeling that something is going to get stuck. Not because I feel satisfied. It's a learning process and I'm trying to figure this all out.

I know what you mean, there is just so much to learn and right when you think you may be understanding, you realize that you don't...lol But at least I'm not alone thanks to this site...

I had my surgery Oct 17. My first fill was December 1st. He put 3.5cc in my 10cc band. I had my fourth fill 2 weeks ago so I now have 5.75cc in my band. Since my surgery, I'm only down 5 lbs which, to me, isn't enough. Though I knew it took a while for the band to be adjusted, I didn't think it would take this long. Since this last fill, I find I can't eat in the morning. I've read here that some people wake up with a tight band and I wondered how that could happen but it has happened to me. I feel as though I'll have a stuck episode if I eat. So, I'm with you in that I didn't think it would take this long to get the weight loss rolling. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what satiety feels like because I don't have it yet. What makes me stop eating now is the feeling that something is going to get stuck. Not because I feel satisfied. It's a learning process and I'm trying to figure this all out.

My surgeon doesn't share the amount but I have had six fills and am feeling like I'm in an excellent place. I think he is of the small frequent fills school of thought. I would not tolerate any difficulties swallowing or any spitting up, GERD, etc. Not okay! Determined not to be too tight but to have the appetite dimmed as much as possible yet still enjoying food. If that makes sense.

Interesting..do you know why they don't share the amount of the fill with you?

At my doctor in NY, it was always discussed, but that's been awhile now.