Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my 600 lb life on TLC

I just turned on a program I have never heard of and they just did gastric bypass on a 600 lb woman. She is up and walking and feeling good. Her husband is an ass though, called her up shortly after surgery and told her that he was having tacos. Then he picks her up from the hospital and on the way home stops at a drive through and since he's driving makes her hold his burger right after she tells him the smell is nauseating. Can we say DIVORCE shortly? We all need to stay far away from relationships like that.

isn't the new show on tonight

I couldn't tell you anything, never heard of it even. I just know I would have walked out the door when I got home from the hospital.

Yea I saw that episode her daughter even asked mommy why did you have to marry him smh he was a total jerk. There's an episode with a woman smh that was to me a waste of surgery she didn't want to listen to the dr. Just had a horrible attitude smh

isn't the new show on tonight

Yes at 9 pm. I think it's the finale.

I have an alarm set on my phone for 8:55 pm on Tuesdays. Lol.

Yea I saw that episode her daughter even asked mommy why did you have to marry him smh he was a total jerk. There's an episode with a woman smh that was to me a waste of surgery she didn't want to listen to the dr. Just had a horrible attitude smh

I think that was Penny... Not sure though. She did have a terrible attitude! Hopefully she got her act together eventually.

I've never watched it before but tuned in tonight for Tara's episode. Do you think they really took her into surgery that fast? Does the show normally show the full process, all the testing and preop stuff? I suppose she could have done that in the two month period. I'm just wondering if that's what really happened or if it was sped up for tv magic and drama.

I think that was Penny... Not sure though. She did have a terrible attitude! Hopefully she got her act together eventually.

The only show I ever saw was Penny. It was disturbing and I won't watch again. It's like watching a train-wreck. My personal experience was so different! Lots of education to help prevent the kind of failure I saw in that show, and evaluations by psychiatrists to identify whether you are a good candidate for success (with treatment of eating disorders pre-op). Maybe they don't show everything but they didn't even HINT at these people receiving help to succeed.

This is the show's 2nd season. The 1st season followed the people much longer. Some up to 7 years. It was much more in depth. Nevertheless, please continue to watch, in spite of Penny giving this show & weight loss surgery a bad reputation. Other episodes were full of hope, trials, & triumph. Very inspiring.

This is the show's 2nd season. The 1st season followed the people much longer. Some up to 7 years. It was much more in depth. Nevertheless, please continue to watch, in spite of Penny giving this show & weight loss surgery a bad reputation. Other episodes were full of hope, trials, & triumph. Very inspiring.

That's true the last episode I saw I belive was Jason's story and he was definitely inspiring. Lost his father and sister to obesity, didn't want to be next and leave his mother alone on this earyh. He was a true inspiration found love in the end and I truly applaud Summer the lady he fell in love with post surgery for accept him as he was.

This show used to be about the patient's life over an 8 year period. It started a few years ago. I have not missed an episode and when my husband would skip it on DVR, I would get so angry at him! Granted it came on at a later time, but I wanted to watch it when I got home from work. He watches it with my now. I told him if he acted like that after my surgery, I would for sure leave him! Or knock him out!

I love watching thud show I just started watching it two weeks ago I find the show encouraging send a eye opener, i am glad that the occupants are losing weight but some of their spouses I would have dump.

I love that show and I did see that episode. It made me so angry that he basically had zero concern about her health or success after surgery based on his desires. When he stopped at that drive thru on the drive home after she was discharged from the hospital I was in total shock. Then as he's driving eating one burger he then turns and ask her to hold the other one....omg I almost jumped through the television screen! I was like what theeeeee blank blank blank is wrong with this butthole of a husband of hers!!! She was determined to get healthier and lose the weight. Her WLS journey should have been supported by her husband but even though he acted out and was plain disrespectful she still pressed on to reach HER goal with or without his support. Idk how she held her composer u would have said uve earned urself a one way ticket to the butthole farm pack ur crap ur leaving tonight RIGHT NOW!! What a jerk!

Edited by CurvyCakes

I love that show and I did see that episode. It made me so angry that he basically had zero concern about her health or success after surgery based on his desires. When he stopped at that drive thru on the drive home after she was discharged from the hospital I was in total shock. Then as he's driving eating one burger he then turns and ask her to hold the other one....omg I almost jumped through the television screen! I was like what theeeeee blank blank blank is wrong with this butthole of a husband of hers!!! She was determined to get healthier and lose the weight. Her WLS journey should have been supported by her husband but even though he acted out and was plain disrespectful she still pressed on to reach HER goal with or without his support. Idk how she held her composer u would have said uve earned urself a one way ticket to the butthole farm pack ur crap ur leaving tonight RIGHT NOW!! What a jerk!

Sorry guys tried to edit as I had she at the top when I meant he. Was able to make edit but somehow also created this. Still learning the ins and outs of all the wonder ways to do things in this ap lol.

Edited by CurvyCakes