Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My sleeve journey

I'm starting this for my records :)

I'm 5'6 A wife. A mother of 4 boys. Highest wt: 285 current wt: 269 Pre Op starts March 5th for Gastric Sleeve, my surgery date is scheduled for March 12th.

Lately it's been hard to keep losing at the same time mourning some foods I'll have to say goodbye too for a while....lol

And also for some reason I've been noticing how big I really am! I guess I was in denial and now my eyes are becoming clear, the fog is separating, and everyday I want my surgery more and more, and it's actually helping me stay focused.

Well good luck on your jourey.....its never ease to pretty much start over but I think you will do fine...just remember to take it one step at a time

Post op! On losers bench! So excited, it was horrible coming out of surgery , I was like , can I do this?!" I was sooo much in pain, but it subsided in an hour or so and then when I got moved to my room for the night I've been feeling so much better every single minute! I went pee twice it's been 6 hours since surgery and I waked 4 laps around hospital and I got I've got ice chips . I cried for a moment when I was in huge pain kinda just releasing my frustrations of the pain, now I'm excited to start my adventure! I don't really have the gas which is great j

Glad all went well with ur surgery. Good luck with ur continued journey :)

Hello, Im new here. I have come searching for answers...I have been on the sleeve journey for over a year now. I have been going to my surgeons office 2 times a month for the year and done everything I was asked to do. The whole time, being on hubby's insurance BCBS of VA, every appointment has been covered minus copay, every procedure covered, until the scheduling of surgery. After losing 30 pounds on my own, and ready for this whole life change...The surgeons office submits it, and calls me to let me know, its not covered and that I dont carry the Obesity rider on my policy. UGH FRUSTRATED--so me being the proactive person, contacts insurance to find out how this has all been covered until now. They proceed to tell me its all been preventative care and Im not diagnosed as obese. OH HELLO< all my paperwork from the surgeons and Dr's office states I am, my BMI is 40.5. Which BCBS doesnt require it. So I contact hubby's HR and they are willing to do an exception letter, BCBS says no it has to be for everyone on the policy not just me--MY WHOLE FAMILY isnt fat just me. Who takes out a policy years ago planning to be fat and having surgery? Apparently there is nothing I can do with this policy, not even an add on policy. I could understand if I wasnt able to do all of this for a year and none was covered. Now, I am thinking my only option is to wait another 60 days, and take out another policy with United Healthcare through my employer since they only require a BMI of over 40-scared to lose anymore now. Can anyone help me??

Hello, Im new here. I have come searching for answers...I have been on the sleeve journey for over a year now. I have been going to my surgeons office 2 times a month for the year and done everything I was asked to do. The whole time, being on hubby's insurance BCBS of VA, every appointment has been covered minus copay, every procedure covered, until the scheduling of surgery. After losing 30 pounds on my own, and ready for this whole life change...The surgeons office submits it, and calls me to let me know, its not covered and that I dont carry the Obesity rider on my policy. UGH FRUSTRATED--so me being the proactive person, contacts insurance to find out how this has all been covered until now. They proceed to tell me its all been preventative care and Im not diagnosed as obese. OH HELLO< all my paperwork from the surgeons and Dr's office states I am, my BMI is 40.5. Which BCBS doesnt require it. So I contact hubby's HR and they are willing to do an exception letter, BCBS says no it has to be for everyone on the policy not just me--MY WHOLE FAMILY isnt fat just me. Who takes out a policy years ago planning to be fat and having surgery? Apparently there is nothing I can do with this policy, not even an add on policy. I could understand if I wasnt able to do all of this for a year and none was covered. Now, I am thinking my only option is to wait another 60 days, and take out another policy with United Healthcare through my employer since they only require a BMI of over 40-scared to lose anymore now. Can anyone help me??

Hi, I'm sorry your having a hard time, but I know that it's not un heard of that people change insurances all the time , just to find the right insurance that covers it, it takes time but worth it, if this is what you realty want , hope that helps

Ok so 1st day at home was rough, I had a lot of pain, and the liquid medicine for pain was horrible!! It actually made me almost have heart burn! And it burned going down :( I had to take pills for acid reflux for 3 months for preventative , so I figured if I can take that pill why can't I take a pain pill? Lol so I called the nurse and they gave me pain pills, and I also got zofran"nausea" dissolvable tablets( these are amazing) what a difference that pill makes, I feel so much better!

Now day 4-5 I'm doing better every day, it's true it does get better, it's hard to image when your in pain and can barely get a sip in, but it's true.

I drink Water, then cream of mushroom Soup 4oz then I drink Water n more water, then another 4oz of Soup and then water , I tried Protein shake but I could barely get it down, too thick & too much, I can only take 4oz at one time.

But I feel good today, I did get horrible gas from yogurt! Ugh it was so good, but immediately my sleeve didn't like it! It said no lol I suggest don't stock up on nothing, try it first then you'll know

Oh and yes I still have muscle pain from the way I was in the surgery table, my back is very sore and my incision where they took out tummy, other than that I'm good :)

I was the day after you. I would agree with everything! I'm scared to try yogurt. Maybe tomorrow.

I was the day after you. I would agree with everything! I'm scared to try yogurt. Maybe tomorrow.

I tried regular Yoplait, tomorrow I'm gonna try Greek nonfat yogurt chocolate/raspberry I hope my sleeve likes it! Lol

Hello i am newbie. I'm 8 days post OP. The 1st nite was truly hell, dealing with gas& heartburn. I didn't have a lot of incision pain, i was nauseated & dizzy from anesthesia. After that its just been trial & error. Iv Learned , to only bite a dime size amount. Chew to oblivion... Lol. I am down 8lbs post op on 3/10/14. My ankles are not swollen, my rings are to big for my fingers now. My work jacket is no longer to tight. I feel Good just wish i could keep my energy levels up all day.

Hello i am newbie. I'm 8 days post OP. The 1st nite was truly hell, dealing with gas& heartburn. I didn't have a lot of incision pain, i was nauseated & dizzy from anesthesia. After that its just been trial & error. Iv Learned , to only bite a dime size amount. Chew to oblivion... Lol. I am down 8lbs post op on 3/10/14. My ankles are not swollen, my rings are to big for my fingers now. My work jacket is no longer to tight. I feel Good just wish i could keep my energy levels up all day.