Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At a loss bout not losing.

Hi. I was sleeved Feb 6. And was averaging 1-2 lbs a day. Now for past 5 days nothing. This makes no sense to me. I am clearly taking in less calories then you burn in a day. I am on 2 shakes n soft protiens. I get my protien in morning with a protoshot49. My Dr said he wasn't worried bout losing weight right now. That i need to heal completely. Has anyone experienced a stand still so early?

Also if I get my protien in the morning do I need to eat any more during day?

Thanks ????

Hi. I was sleeved Feb 6. And was averaging 1-2 lbs a day. Now for past 5 days nothing. This makes no sense to me. I am clearly taking in less calories then you burn in a day. I am on 2 shakes n soft protiens. I get my protien in morning with a protoshot49. My Dr said he wasn't worried bout losing weight right now. That i need to heal completely. Has anyone experienced a stand still so early?

Thanks ?de06

It's just an early stall. Very normal, we all go through it. Your body is in shock and needs time to catch up

Dont worry about it. Stick to the plan and it will melt away. That is an early stall but it will stall for 1-2 weeks at some points. Dont get discouraged. Beleive me

Chris

Same here :(, I was expecting a stall from what everyone has said,but not this soon.

Read about stalls. You'll get them, we ALL get them. And weigh once a week to forestall complete insamity. The scale is an evil and mean mistress!

Same here. I was sleeved on Feb 3.. I lost 12 pounds and this week I lost nothing.It does get discouraging but everyone says it will come off.Im going to start the treadmill routine and see if that helps. Good luck on your journey

Hey I got sleeved the same day. You are not alone. The scale keeps flucuating a few pounds everyday. I lost 12 lbs before surgery and 13 since surgery. We are still healing. It all takes time. Hang in there.

I'm right there with you, sleeved on 2-3, at first the weight was flying off, now the scale isn't moving, it's highly frustrating, totally get that! But we need to stick to getting in our Protein and enough water..... That mean ole scale will start moving again, when our body stops throwing its tantrum :)

Thanks dde06

You need to eat through the day. Don't just down all your Protein first thing in the morning, then starve yourself for the rest of the day. Eating one or two meals in an entire day is screwed up the metabolism of many people here, and ultimately what got many of us to this obese position. Many doctors recommend three meals a day plus one or two Snacks as eating small portions every three hours or so helps keep blood sugar levels stable. I personally eat five times a day at 9A, noon, 3P, 6P, and 9P.

Reset your expectations to something more realistic. It's just not physically possible to continue to lose at that rate. If it were, we would all be at goal in 3-4 months (not that I wouldn't love that!). 1-2 pounds a day is largely Water. The weight does fly off at first, then slows a little, and slows even more as time goes on and the closer you get to goal. In the beginning I really hoped I would keep losing 25 pounds a month, but I didn't. It slowed to 8-10 pounds a month, and now at a year out, I'm lucky to lose more than 2 pounds a month. It's just a matter of knowing what's possible, and for each of us that's different, but expecting to continue to lose weight every day isn't realistic and is just plain disappointing! I learned after a few weeks of feeling like I should lose every day and not succeeding at it that I needed to change my expectations. I also had to change them again now that I'm closer to goal. As long as I'm doing everything right, there is nothing else to do. Sometimes there just is no explanation for how and when our bodies decide to turn loose of the weight. Just hang in there, and you'll succeed - time is on your side in this case!

Be patient with yourself. This process takes time and we all stop losing at times or the losing slows. Your body does need to heal, your DR is right. Stop weighing yourself daily and weigh only weekly, I find if I am too driven by the number I overwhelm myself. I also find that if and when I stop losing I change the food routine a little. Like eat a high Protein nonfat yogurt instead of drinking a shake. Try adding hot tea with lemon to your afternoon...just switch it up a little in terms of your intake. You just started, I lost 12 lbs in the first 3 weeks. I am 3 months post op and have lost about 40 lbs. That's about 3.5 lbs per wk as an avg. I am pushing myself to try and hit 4 and see if I can drop 16 lbs this next month. However, if I don't make that goal, I am happy for the rapid loss so far this is working for me. Keep it up, but don't be so hard oj yourself.

Try not to eat all your Protein so early. My NUT says to have some protein every 4 hours. There is some evidence that you do not absorb protein as well if you eat it all at once. Also spreading it out will keep head hunger away.

Awww a breath of fresh air. Thank you everyone. I did wake up today and had dropped 3 lbs so hopefully my stall is over....For now. :) I will start spreading my protien out. May just open it n take sips throughout the day. Bc I did down it yesterday morning. It's was like drinking Syrup. Soo gross. But then I was so shaky n icky all day. Not good. I tried avocado been one my favorites since BIRTH and now I can't eat it. I will just keep on keeping on. Again thanks everyone for ur advise n listening ears :)

hehehe, I am nine months out and I LIVE on avocado with hummus!

And I am happy if I average 1/2 to 1 pound a week. It's ALL in the right direction (I've lost 110# so far)