Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

I am debating getting my hair done right before surgery and my nails. I want to feel good afterwards when I know I will be hurting and tired. Does anyone know if it will be ok to have my nails done for surgery?

I dont know about toes but no fingernail polish. It interferes with the oxygen monitor.

Go get your hair and nails done before surgery! One less thing you need to worry about! I'm getting mine done too but getting clear polish on my fingers and toes because I was told no polish too. They look at your nails to make sure you get your color back after surgery! (They don't do it so you don't feel pretty! There's a reason! Lol)

My surgery is this Friday the 11th and I'm more anxious than nervous! I'm on my 9th day on the pre op liquid diet and I haven't died (or killed my kids) so I'm doing good!! Lmao

I'm hungry and my stomach talks to me A LOT but it's not as bad as I thought!

A few people have mentioned items that I need to bring for my hospital stay but I'm curious if anyone that had it recently wished they had something they didn't bring!! Any help here would be appreciated!! So far this is my list:

Comfy PJs

Slippers & socks

Extra panties & panty liners

(Someone mentioned you may need these for urine spillage, I'm not taking any chances!!) lol

Pillow

Hot Water pad

Gas X strips

iPad/phone/chargers

Toothbrush & paste

books

Lotion

Brush and/or comb

Dry Shampoo

Skin care (I have rosacea!)

(I sell Rodan and Fields, best skin care EVER!!)

www.amykring.myrandf.com/shop

If I missed anything, please let me know!! I have been considering this surgery for YEARS but I was too afraid to do it because I am a single mom and if my kids had to go live with their dad they would never forgive me!!! I finally decided to do it because they DO need me to be here for THEIR kids and God willing, their grand kids!! I want to have the life I know now I deserve!!

For too long I have put myself on the back burner and lived for my kids! Time for me to love me!!!

I'm so glad there are others like me who because of LIFE happening we forgot to LIVE!! Go us!! I'm really proud of all of us for putting ourselves FIRST and good luck and prayers to EVERYONE healing from and preparing for surgery!! DO NOT let ANYONE tell you this is "the easy way out" because there is NOTHING EASY about any of this! I'm just glad to have the support provided here!! Have a WONDERFUL day!! (:

Thanks all for the nail info! I will skip nails I will wait until afterwards. It can be a pick me up. I love the list to pack. I am getting excited and trying to balance turning all my attention on the surgery when I still have my last college classes to complete..last exam on the evening of 24th and surgery on 28th. This month is going to be crazy!!

My surgery was set for April 7. Did all my pre-op and was ready to go. Had hospital pre-op on Tuesday 4/1 for the blood work and stuff like that. On 4/2 I recieve a call saying that my white count was high and surgery was canceled for now. Had more blood wook on 4/2 and it came back still too high. Went to primary and got shot & antibiotic. Go back this Tuesday 4/8 for more blood work. If it turns out good, then I can set another date. Problem is I have my Granddaughter and had everything set up for her. Now gonna have to do all that again or wait until June when school is out. Trying not to think too much about it. Just go with the flow.

I hope everything works out for you. Get better fast! Then surgery will come.

Ok somy date was for april first i was on the table asleep.n.they had to wake me up brcause the tube in my lungs wouldnt get air to my lungs so now i have another date of april 29 hope it goes smooth this time.

I also thought about getting a manicure and a hair cut before surgery, but decided that those are good low effort things to do that I might enjoy as a "getting out of the house" activity after I have recovered at home a bit. Plus, after working in my garden for the last several days, my nails aren't exactly paint-able right now!

I am doing hair before because the other day I was setting up dentist appointment and the nurse said wait awhile after surgery because leaning back in the chair hurts after any abdominal surgery. So I thought same with getting hair washed before cut. Just a thought..

Thanks all for the nail info! I will skip nails I will wait until afterwards. It can be a pick me up. I love the list to pack. I am getting excited and trying to balance turning all my attention on the surgery when I still have my last college classes to complete..last exam on the evening of 24th and surgery on 28th. This month is going to be crazy!!

You can still get a pretty manicure and pedicure, clear or french tip only. Thats what I did and I'm glad I did. I feel much more human during this recovery.

Hi! My date is April 7! My pre op instructions said no nail polish, btw. I wonder why?

Hi! My date is April 7! My pre op instructions said no nail polish, btw. I wonder why?

Mine said clear is ok. I think they meed to check your fingers and toes for color/ circulation

April 7th is almost here and Im starting to freak out! This might be too much info but I need to ask...what happens if I still have my monthly friend during surgery? It came for a visit on Thursday and looks like it will still be with me Monday morning (its always quite heavy). Tampons wont work and Im sure undies must be removed during the procedure. HELP!! Anyone have suggestions?

I'm April 16th. Pre-op diet started last Wednesday. I'm freaking out nervous and excited all at the same time.

That's right I got my hair braided to less deal with it I'm going to go to Walmart Tom to get me long dress pjs so I won't wear pants . I got my nails done hey it's going to be a rebirth of me so Monday April 7 is my new birthday ladies originally Jan 7 but now I have 2 lol . My stay in the hospital is only 2 days but they for sure will be long do I'll make sure I'll pack up my iPad and chargers . I don't expect to pay for tv and phone . Anyways ladies we will all do great

April 7th is almost here and Im starting to freak out! This might be too much info but I need to ask...what happens if I still have my monthly friend during surgery? It came for a visit on Thursday and looks like it will still be with me Monday morning (its always quite heavy). Tampons wont work and Im sure undies must be removed during the procedure. HELP!! Anyone have suggestions?

Don't worry, its NOTHING to the hospital staff. Just mention it to your prep nurse when they are giving you instructions for changing into your hospital gown. I started my period DURING surgery. So weird but after surgery they put some hospital undies and a pad on me. No biggie.