Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

I am scheduled the 26th anyone going to Mexico to get it done?

I am going to Mexico the 21st

Alright. I'm armed with Protein, broth and sugar free Jello and ready for preop to begin on 4/14,,...

I've given myself a headache already worrying about not eating!

I had my surgery yesterday and I'm back home on my sofa. I actually feel amazing! Sore, yes, moving a little slower, yes, but all things considered I feel great! I have had small sips of lemonade and broth and 2 sugar free popcicles. I'm hoping I sleep good tonight knowing the nurse won't be waking me up every 2 hours to take my vitals! Lol

My instructions were clear liquid diet for 2 -3 days then gradually add fat free or 1% milk. I would not eat the puréed chicken either because it will make you sick!! Anyway, I've read bunches of posts on here with people who are having a really hard time of it and I was petrified so I wanted those of you who haven't had surgery yet that not everyone has such a hard time! Have a great day! God bless all of us recovering and those getting ready for surgery! :)

Thank you Amy! I am glad to know that everyone does not have a rough time.

I am scheduled the 26th anyone going to Mexico to get it done?

I did...mar 26..went to tiajuana..no problems...awesome staff and drs!!!... i stayed in San Diego 2 more days bf flying home..so glad i did...wish id waited an extra 4 days...oh well

Hi Everybody!

My surgery is tomorrow on April 14th. I was going to get the sleeve but due to GERD me and my doctor decided that the bypass is a better choice for me.

I am not nervous as of yet. I just wanna be over and done with this! I did not have any pre-op diet, so I guess it did not sink in yet! lol By the way I am European, and my surgery is going to be in Hungary.

Is there anybody else on the 14th?

Honestly I really educated myself on sleeve and not on bypass, so I still have lots of catching up to do as far as post-op diet goes...

Hi Everybody!

My surgery is tomorrow on April 14th. I was going to get the sleeve but due to GERD me and my doctor decided that the bypass is a better choice for me.

I am not nervous as of yet. I just wanna be over and done with this! I did not have any pre-op diet, so I guess it did not sink in yet! lol By the way I am European, and my surgery is going to be in Hungary.

Is there anybody else on the 14th?

Honestly I really educated myself on sleeve and not on bypass, so I still have lots of catching up to do as far as post-op diet goes...

Good luck with everything. I'm having the bypass on the 21st. I week from tomorrow! I guess post op is kinda similar except for, in the long run, you'll still have to monitor your sugar. I don't think there's dumping with the sleeve.

Hi Everybody! My surgery is tomorrow on April 14th. I was going to get the sleeve but due to GERD me and my doctor decided that the bypass is a better choice for me. I am not nervous as of yet. I just wanna be over and done with this! I did not have any pre-op diet, so I guess it did not sink in yet! lol By the way I am European, and my surgery is going to be in Hungary. Is there anybody else on the 14th? Honestly I really educated myself on sleeve and not on bypass, so I still have lots of catching up to do as far as post-op diet goes...

Welcome, welcome!

Arm yourself with knowledge. So you can be mentally prepared for what to expect.

I too initially considered the sleeve, but my physician and I discussed and I'd benefit more from the bypass. My surgery date is 4/28. I absolutely cannot wait!

Good luck to you and I pray all goes well for you.

Congrats I'm excited for yoiu too and I wish you all the best tomorrow and thereafter111 My doctors did not give me a specific amout of weight to lose on the pre-op diet but so far I have lost 15 lbs but I believe that's Water weight. However, my clothes are fitting better and I seem to have all of this extra energy. I'm entering week two of my pre-op diet and my surgery date is the 21st. Can't wait until that day arrives so i can really begin my jorney to a healthier, ahppier me!!!

My surgery is on April 24th. I am so excited and nervous!! What percentage of our weight do we have to loose in the liquid diet phase. 5 or 10%?

I think it depends on your surgeon. Mine didn't have a preop weight loss requirement. I am on day 10 and have loss 5 percent.

Beyond Diet Official

Hey everyone, I just found this awesome video on youtube.com that tells you how to kick the sugar addiction. It's very informative and it has links to other valuable info that will help us on our journey to living a healthy lifestyle. I also attended a overeaters anynomous and got extra support from my peers in attendance. I hope some of you will find this helpful because if you are determined as I am to change your life completely you realize that WLS is just a tool/stepping stone to change that's going to last a lifetime. In order to be successful in keeping the wieght of we must change the way we think about food and exercise and our genetics are no longer a viable excuse to stay stuck and miserable. I'm not preaching, so please if it sounds that way charge it to the mindset at the moment. In my heart I am you and you are me and we all need each others support and understanding to battle this addiction to a unhealthy lifestyle. You guys are my fmaily now and I desire to see all of us do well. So check it out and if it's something you can use add it to your journey, if not don't give up!!! Keep on motivating yourself with family and friends support until you find something that works for you. God Bless and Have a great day!!!

Had surgery on the 9 th the pain medicine gives me a Migraine. Finally figured that out late yesterday so haven't been able to walk as much as I want. But today is better I am sore, bloated but walking and beginning to feel better. Not be nauseated at all just had egg drop Soup mmmm. So good

Beyond Diet Official

Hey everyone, I just found this awesome video on youtube.com that tells you how to kick the sugar addiction. It's very informative and it has links to other valuable info that will help us on our journey to living a healthy lifestyle. I also attended a overeaters anynomous and got extra support from my peers in attendance. I hope some of you will find this helpful because if you are determined as I am to change your life completely you realize that WLS is just a tool/stepping stone to change that's going to last a lifetime. In order to be successful in keeping the wieght of we must change the way we think about food and exercise and our genetics are no longer a viable excuse to stay stuck and miserable. I'm not preaching, so please if it sounds that way charge it to the mindset at the moment. In my heart I am you and you are me and we all need each others support and understanding to battle this addiction to a unhealthy lifestyle. You guys are my fmaily now and I desire to see all of us do well. So check it out and if it's something you can use add it to your journey, if not don't give up!!! Keep on motivating yourself with family and friends support until you find something that works for you. God Bless and Have a great day!!!

I appreciate that and I'm here to get as much helpful info as possible so thank you. Is the video titled "beyond diet official?"

I appreciate that and I'm here to get as much helpful info as possible so thank you. Is the video titled "beyond diet official?"

That's the site name but if you enter that on YouTube you'll see the link to all of the wonderful resources they have on there including several recipes.

Thanks again.

Well it's 6:42am on the 14th of April 2014. Today is the day the I get sleeved and so do some of our other April VSG/Bypass/Band mates. Good luck to you all!

For everyone in our April group I'm wishing you all smooth operations if you haven't them and speedy recoveries to all. Just in case I can't get back on here for a while.

Having my last shake and blood pressure meds then only Water until 11am; hospital at 12pm; surgery at 2pm and recovery still 4pm. Our new selves are born today. :-)

Still feeling a little anxious but pretty darn excited right now - I'll be typing at you all again soon :-)

My surgery is the 25th. I finally got the date on Tuesday. This morning I checked in to the mayo Clinic as I am participating in a study for those having the surgery. I leave here Tuesday morning. My home is 4.5 hours from the Mayo clinic. So we have to come down two nights before as I have preop appointments the day before. Unfortunately my husband has a torn rotator cuff that he did two weeks ago when we moved. He too has to have surgery, but he'll do his at our hospital in town. I just hope they don't schedule them the same day. I don't have a preop diet but I am trying to be good. No where near as good as I should be. And too many reasons to make excuses not to be. But that ends when I leave here (only because of the diet they have me on here)

Good luck to everyone with surgeries coming up.