Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

We are surgery twins! Lol, I was wondering hadnt seen anyone post that they were having it on the 28th. By the time I left the doctor and hospital I came home and tried to do homework. Not happening. Im just trying to stay occupied and do have the sugar free gum on hand so I can kill the chew craving. Weve got thos so just hang in there it will be done before we know!

I am also the 28th and trying to do homework too keep my mind off of surgery but not working out!!

I met with surgeon today and found out I might end up with the sleeve instead if gastric bypass. It has to do with current hernia and being able to move the intestines around.

I can say I was disappointed I feel like I shouldn't be, I am still receiving WLS but just the chance worries me.

Hopefully everyone is doing great pre-op and post-op

I am also the 28th and trying to do homework too keep my mind off of surgery but not working out!!

I met with surgeon today and found out I might end up with the sleeve instead if gastric bypass. It has to do with current hernia and being able to move the intestines around.

I can say I was disappointed I feel like I shouldn't be, I am still receiving WLS but just the chance worries me.

My doctor told me if he gets in and sees any issue that will hinder the bypass he will do sleeve. However he did say he didnt forsee any problems. I asked about drains and he told me only if there was difficulties would he put those in. He also said if he saw that there was an issue with the gall bladder he would remove it as well. I pray that everything goes smoothly for everyone. Lets keep each other encouraged.

well I'm now 24 hours post op . My surgery ran late because ths OR was running behind. Didnt get into recovery until about 7pm. Woke up in a lot of pain, but my doc gives his patients morphine PCA pumps. Got to a room about 11:00 p m. I have 2 drains and 3 ports. Tummy is numb. Pain is better. I am walking with less pain. I am currently laying on my hospital bed comfortably watching Forest Gump. Lol. The first 18 hours are rough but it does get better.

Congratulations on things going well. Prayers for a speedy recovery and let us know how things are going!

We are surgery twins! Lol, I was wondering hadnt seen anyone post that they were having it on the 28th. By the time I left the doctor and hospital I came home and tried to do homework. Not happening. Im just trying to stay occupied and do have the sugar free gum on hand so I can kill the chew craving. Weve got thos so just hang in there it will be done before we know!

We're triplets! LOL

Oh, please don't get discouraged. Just remember, no matter what the outcome, either procedure is a tool - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

I'm in Northeast Ohio and if I need to hit 71-S so we can lean on one another to get through any aspect of this then I'll do that! We need all of the support we can get, but the best is yet to come *hugs*

I haven't been on here in a few days but I wanted to give a little update. I had my 1 week post op on Tuesday & I lost 15 lbs since the day of surgery & I'm feeling GREAT!! I got to add some new foods to my diet thank goodness. Mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, scrambled egg, vegetarian refried Beans, & yogurt. I must say it's a nice change to have something different lol. I got my first hunger feeling last night so I ate a sugar free popsicle. Just kind of worried me a little since it's the first time I felt that since surgery. Hope everyone is doing well & good luck to those with upcoming surgeries :))

I haven't been on here in a few days but I wanted to give a little update. I had my 1 week post op on Tuesday & I lost 15 lbs since the day of surgery & I'm feeling GREAT!! I got to add some new foods to my diet thank goodness. Mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, scrambled egg, vegetarian refried Beans, & yogurt. I must say it's a nice change to have something different lol. I got my first hunger feeling last night so I ate a sugar free popsicle. Just kind of worried me a little since it's the first time I felt that since surgery. Hope everyone is doing well & good luck to those with upcoming surgeries :))

Congratulations! Praying your recovery is a smooth process! Forgive me, I can be a bit of a clown....but if I go to the Dr for my one week visit and see a double digit loss on the scale I may start partying right then and there! LOL I am so excited for you! Cheers to your new life and even greater success!!!!!

Hi all,

Just a brief update. Had my surgery two weeks ago today. Got on the scale and am down 16 lbs since surgery and am feeling good. I will start the puréed diet today and I am looking forward to leaving the clear liquid stage behind. My one incision is still very sore and where the drain was is still draining just a small amount but other than being tired I am doing well. I hope the tiredness leaves as I am able to take in more Protein.

I wish those with upcoming surgery a safe and complicated surgery and those in post op phase a speedy recovery. This website has been a wealth of knowledge and a great support.

Jennie

Make that a safe and uncomplicated surgery!!!

Hello April surgery buddies!

I have a date - April 30!! I started my 2 week liquid (Optifast) diet yesterday!!!!

Any more April 30 friends?

Hello April surgery buddies! I have a date - April 30!! I started my 2 week liquid (Optifast) diet yesterday!!!! Any more April 30 friends?

I'm April 28th but welcome, welcome!

I was also told this............ my date is the 30th

that be my date also ,,,,,,,,

Hello April surgery buddies!

I have a date - April 30!! I started my 2 week liquid (Optifast) diet yesterday!!!!

Any more April 30 friends?

April 21st here. Anyone from Tennessee?

I'm in Memphis!!!

Everyone will do great!!

One thing I want to remind everyone is how different each experience will be. Do not compare yourself to others. Some of you have long pre-op diets some don't. Some have catheters some don't. Some have tubes and drains, some don't. Some see surgeons 1 week post op some wait 3 weeks. Some get pain medicine some don't. We can't control how out surgeons do things. Don't waste your energy trying to figure it out.