Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Panic for nothing ....

I had my very first fill today , very very conservative which is how I want to go and I was in a panic sweating started crying ( super afraid of needles ) and it was a big nothing a tiny bit of pressure then he was done .I am so relived

I know. Alot of people make alot of nothing really. Now you have that behind you.

Congrats on getting through the hurdle. See.....no biggy.....just a pinch ;)

I'm going for my first UNfill today. The last one drove me right out of green into the red, and I'm tempted to have the band completely emptied. I'll see what they advise. My doctor warned me when I asked for the last fill, but I thought it would be fine. It was for a couple of weeks, and then things really got weird.

Congrats on getting through the hurdle. See.....no biggy.....just a pinch ;)

I'm going for my first UNfill today. The last one drove me right out of green into the red, and I'm tempted to have the band completely emptied. I'll see what they advise. My doctor warned me when I asked for the last fill, but I thought it would be fine. It was for a couple of weeks, and then things really got weird.

Bless your heart. Yes, taking is very slow once close is very important. My doctor asked me if I thought I needed a fill today, though he was a bit apprehensive about. I declined and said I wanted to see how it went til next appt. I think I'm pretty much in the green, but probably right next to the yellow border of it. I could probably use a tweak, but we'll see.

I was really doing fine before the fill, but found myself pushing the limits. Like many, I thought a little tweak would help me back to a better sense of control. NOT! I'll be fine once I backup to where I was before. Right now, I've got this never ending pain at the bottom of my sternum, and a chronic sore throat.....which is reflux. Lots of burping, but not the productive type. I'm leaving in about 15 minutes for my appt. Can't wait!

I hope you get it fixed.. I was thinking I might need a fill too , just not losing much at all and starting to feel hungry . snacking here and there.. I am calling my surgeon tomorrow to see if I can get a small fill. I don't want to go backwards I need to lose the last 15 lbs or so before summer.

I know that snacking feeling... I utilized some of that nervous energy, made some tuna salad, and ate some on crackers. Needed that xtra salt today. Amazing, I am still full. Thanks for the reminder to go back to basics, Protein first..,

I hope you get it fixed.. I was thinking I might need a fill too , just not losing much at all and starting to feel hungry . snacking here and there.. I am calling my surgeon tomorrow to see if I can get a small fill. I don't want to go backwards I need to lose the last 15 lbs or so before summer.

Sharpie - I just got back, and she (nurse) took out about ½ cc. She said that the pain should resolve; that something got stuck and caused inflammation. She also said that I will probably be calling in a couple of weeks to have that ½ cc put back in. She said that when the swelling goes down, and the issue corrects itself, I'll notice that missing ½ cc more than if I'd never had it put in. We'll see.... I don't want to be so tight that things easily get stuck & irritate the s-hit out of my pouch. I never had this problem before the last fill, so I'll see how it goes.

I hear ya on the last few pounds! They don't come off as quickly now, as they did in the beginning. I've got another 10-11 to go, and I'm really pushing it with eating. I think because I feel so much better, and I'm really comfortable with the way I look. But those pounds will drop off, just very sloooooow :D

Edited by mrsto

I know that snacking feeling... I utilized some of that nervous energy, made some tuna salad, and ate some on crackers. Needed that xtra salt today. Amazing, I am still full. Thanks for the reminder to go back to basics, Protein first..,

It's so true about the Protein. When I stick to something like tuna or another dense protein food (turkey, meat, etc), I fill up fast and stay that way for longer periods. If I eat a Protein Bar, it doesn't hold me very long. But lets face it, Protein Bars are replacement candy bars - LOL!

But lets face it, Protein bars are replacement candy bars - LOL!

I very much look forward to an occasional Protein Bar.< /p>

But lets face it, Protein Bars are replacement candy bars - LOL!

I very much look forward to an occasional Protein Bar.

Me too! I have one pretty much every single day. It's what gets me through, and satisfies my craving and need for something sweet, while adding extra Protein grams. But when I mentioned the bars to my doctor, he gave me the talk about being satisfied after only ½ bar, but eating the whole thing. Then he said, Protein Bars are "like" candy bars; why don't I eat veggies when I feel the need to snack. Honestly, if it wasn't for Protein bars, you'd probably find my hand in a candy dish. At least the bars don't spike my blood sugar. My personal favorite is Quest. But I find that a bar doesn't keep me satisfied as long as something like turkey or some other fish/meat. That's what prompted my comment :D

Edited by mrsto

I rarely eat Protein bars. I do have some Quest chocolate chunk on hand to use if I am out and about and need a boost or to keep me from eating fast food. sugar content on most so called Protein bars is very high. My nutritionist warned me about that. I try to keep sugar down to 5 grams or less.

I was having a Protein bar once in a while and definitely felt like I was eating a candy bar -- something I'd never have had pre-band. Found Target brand (Market Pantry) has 200 calories and 20 grams of Protein or Pure Protein bars but they were setting me off -- the Sucralose makes me feel icky. I think I'm chemically sensitive. So no more bars for me.