Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vacation and alcohol

edwin159

Hello everyone i am 6 weeks post op gastric bypass and my girl surprised me for a vacation to the caribbean this saturday, any ideas on drinking n eating out this early thanx

I would talk to your doctor about that. I can't imagine your doctor would allow you to drink yet but maybe.

Enjoy!!! But don't over do it.

Tread very lightly here my friend!!!...This is where DISIPLINE will test your very being! Remember, your are on a journey of a life time. You are EDWIN THE GREAT..not Edwin I can eat anything I want cuz Im on vacation. There will ALWAYS be vacations. Its how you ACT and what you choose to do while there. Remember ALL you have learned to get to this point..from beginning till NOW!!!..Your new life just began, now its up to you..'Eat Mindlessly..OR Eat Mindfully..its up to you, the choice is yours, and yours ALONE. Happy carribeaning my man..woohhoo, have fun in the sun!!! :D

Note to Edwin..lol..Don't drink anything with pretty umbrella or pretty colors..YE BE SORRRYYYYY!!!!...LOL

Oh thank you im gonna be pretty strict with eating n follow directions but im still curious if anyone has had some wine this early post op because i dont wanna risk it lol

I didn't, but a lot of folks on here have..My doc told me to think of my new pouch as a newborn baby..you wouldn't give a newborn alcohol, in time your pouch heals a little more into a adolescent, so on and so on..thats sort of the outlook I took..the told me in 18 months the healing should be well over, and then experiment..course I waited like 6 months..lol..take a sip and see if it hurts you, but don't push it. All things in moderation as they say.. ;)

Your pouch is still healing and I wouldn't chance it that early on!

Hello everyone i am 6 weeks post op gastric bypass and my girl surprised me for a vacation to the caribbean this saturday, any ideas on drinking n eating out this early thanx

Take it very easy on the food. . And take the alcohol totally in moderation. .. 6 week s is early. Try half a glass of wine or half a shot of spirit absolutely drowned in non fizzy mixer. As long as its not fizzy or acidic you should be able to enjoy :0)

Take it very easy on the food. . And take the alcohol totally in moderation. .. 6 week s is early. Try half a glass of wine or half a shot of spirit absolutely drowned in non fizzy mixer. As long as its not fizzy or acidic you should be able to enjoy :0)

I agree. Stay away from carbonation! But wine or a shot I think would be ok. Just beware it will hit you a lot faster than before surgery. Take it slow and listen to your body. As far as food, eating out on while on vacation can be tricky but just remember to pick things on the menu that will benefit your body not hurt it. Get in that Protein and watch your portions. You can do it! Also, enjoy your vacation, have fun! The Caribbean is beautiful, enjoy the beauty of where you are! :)

I think you had better just not go and let me go instead! :-D