Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is a question I think only you all would understand. I will have my sleeve surgery in April. I am currently 275, my goal is 170. My question is for you post-ops. How does it FEEL to be 100 pounds lighter?

Right now, I am so uncomfortable in my body. Can hardly sit comfortable, have to grab my ankle to cross my leg, exhausted after short walks, literally pause after a flight of steps, getting out of a car? Fughitaboutit.

So, for those especially down -50 (my first big milestone) to -100 or more. How does it FEEL?

Can you describe some of these things that I've listed?

I'm really excited and happy and proud of you all.

Thanks!

I'm down 78 pounds, and it feels amazing. Way more energy, move better, feel better, no longer worried about where they seat me in a restaurant (booth vs. table) or any airplane flights I have to take. Physical stamina is 3-4 times what it was before surgery.

How does it feel? Freaking awesome! I have more energy than when I was 20 (I'm 47), I can cross my legs either way comfortably, I can workout for an hour plus, movie theatre seats feel enormous, my thighs don't rub together when I walk, I could go on and on for hours! Hands down the best decision I have ever made for myself, my family and my health! Don't get me wrong, the "fat" person is still in my head trying to get out, but it think that struggle will always be there.

This is a question I think only you all would understand. I will have my sleeve surgery in April. I am currently 275, my goal is 170. My question is for you post-ops. How does it FEEL to be 100 pounds lighter? Right now, I am so uncomfortable in my body. Can hardly sit comfortable, have to grab my ankle to cross my leg, exhausted after short walks, literally pause after a flight of steps, getting out of a car? Fughitaboutit. So, for those especially down -50 (my first big milestone) to -100 or more. How does it FEEL? Can you describe some of these things that I've listed? I'm really excited and happy and proud of you all. Thanks!

Good luck to you as you begin this incredible journey. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

It has been an amazing journey... I was a total JABBA...big pile of goo on the couch... plus I have RA, so I could barely move...needed a walker just to get to the bathroom! Now I can walk around like a "normal" person...I have to use a cane if I am doing a LOT of walking, so that's been awesome.

I can cross my legs, don't need the extender for the seatbelt, my steering wheel is no longer in my lap...and on and on and on...

I feel healthy, happy, and hopped up on life for the first time in "forever"!!! Best thing I EVER did for myself ... even if I never lose another pound... I feel like Tiny Tim being able to drop his crutches and take steps forward without help...that was an amazing experience for me!

Edited by BigGirlPanties

Two years ago I lost 45 lbs by doing a low carb high Protein diet...went from 225 to 180. I went from a size 18/20 to a size 12 in Old Navy jeans. I felt like a million bucks. I went from getting winded while walking up 1 flight of stairs, to being able to practically sprint up them without missing a beat. I could finally cross my legs! That was my favorite thing. I felt so small. When i would sit on my couch i barely took up any room and i felt so tiny!

i also didn't feel so bloated and full all the time. i went from breaking a sweat while walking on a treadmill for 5 minutes to jogging. i had energy to dance around my kitchen and take zumba classes. my husband and i even took dance classes together and it felt amazing that he could wrap his arms around me. No more huge muffin top hanging over my pants or pants cutting into my stomach. No more marks on my ankles from my socks digging into my skin. Getting out of a car? Easy peasy.

I can't wait to feel this way again!

I'm only 9.5 weeks post-op, just under 40 pounds gone, and it already 'feels' great!

I'm already wearing clothes I haven't worn in years. I see my clavicles!! I see veins in my wrists and ankles that I was always proud of. (I have nice dark skin so it's not like varicose veins, it's 'thin enough to access them if needed' veins.)

There's less body surface to wash in the shower and I can reach everything without all those contortions I had to make.

I already fell that I'm 'bringing sexy back' for myself and it feels great!

I used to snore and sometimes wake myself up from it. I don't think I've snored in the past six weeks.

It already feels great; I can't even imagine what 100 pounds down will feel like, but I pray I live to find out! You,too!

Edited by Dr-Patient

It feels like a second chance at life. It feels like starting over a brand new body. I wake up every morning and basically feel myself up to make sure its not a dream. You will feel this way too. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I can see and feel my bones too!

I have only been on my journey 1 month.. and I am so happy! Over the summer at my heavest I had not 1 but 2 braces on my ankles the pain was unbarable. I went to the physical therapist 3x a week just to move around a tiny bit. I vowed if I could walk again with out pain I would do every thing in power not to sit on the sidelines and watch my family live. I wanted to be part of life and be living the best life I could! I am only down 42lbs and a renewed chance at a better life and baby I am going to take it!!

Good luck to you and all you do!

Edited by BellaHugz

I'm at little under 50 lbs down right now and it feels truly awesome!!! I also can't imagine what a hundred lbs will feel like but I know that it can only get better from here! I absolutely love it. More energy, loose clothes, don't get out of breath so easily! Everything i expected and more!

I've lost 45 pounds and don't really notice much differences yet other than clothes being a bit looser. That's the sucky part of having a high start weight of 374. 45-50 pounds doesn't make much difference like it does for some. Can't wait to really see and feel a difference.

I'm down 100 lbs from 250. It feels AMAZING. I can wear shorts and short skirts with confidence, cross my legs from the top, wear size 6 panties (and I don't buy the 6 pack of Hanes Her Way from Walmart anymore!), wear size 7/8 jeans, and actually shop for bathing suits in the junior dept (altho I'll never be confident enuf to wear a bikini. Have too much skin and scars for that. Plus no one wants to see a 46 yr old in a bikini).

You will LOVE it. I'm about 18 lbs from my 135 goal and I will eventually get there. The last 20 r the most stubborn. The first 100 were much easier than the last 20. Good luck wth ur surgery and get ready to experience life in a whole new way!

My favorite to share is that I no longer break out in a sweat over nothing in fact I hardly sweat even while jogging..I'm usually even a bit cold around the house ..this summer should be a lot more enjoyable;-)

I am 4 weeks out 20 lbs lighter and OMG it feels great! I was a Lil concern that I was losing slow but I think now I'm average. I have so much energy, I want to go exercise now. I smile a lot more now that I don't see my cheeks when I smile. It is an awesome feeling!!