Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many fills?

Im just curious how many fills people have gotten to get to their green zone. Ive had 4 now and I still feel like I need another one but I also feel like im having a lot of fills. Im doing good on my weight loss (lost 45 lbs since September) but I still feel hungry in between meals. Ill eat and get full and then an hour later be hungry again. So it would help if I knew of other peoples experiences. Thanks in advance!

I have around five, I stopped counting after the third one but I have had some difficulty with this last one, I am vomiting a little too much and I feel hungry and or thirsty all the time, mostly thirsty And when I have a few sips of water/juice even a Protein Shake I start sliming, I am thinking of getting a but if Fluid removed but I lost 6 pounds since 2 1/2 weeks that's a jump from three pounds in 3 mos, but I am in the green zone for sure, fills very from person to person

it depends how much of a fill you get. how big is your band? I have a 14 cc band with 8.5 cc in it. had surgery on 5/29 I have had 8 fills so far. i am going to rest with the fills for at least 2 months.i want to work on head hunger and healthy eating. i feel as if i am spinning my wheels just trying to keep hydrated, good luck

I have a friend who has had 10!!! And is still gaining weight....and each one was 1/2 cc or less, one month apart!

It's NOT about how many....

I have only had three....but my Dr. was very aggressive, and he knows I am aggressive also so we went full speed ahead....got that Green Zone in 4 months, then took another 2-3 months of a roller coaster ride getting things (Me and my attitudes Actually) under control and a "Groove" found....

I also do not like to compare how much I have to others...everyone is a little different...some people have not had a fill...(very rare, a lot of self discipline)

And my band does things for me that it does not do for many other people....does not make any of it right or wrong, it's simply the way it is....

Edited by B-52

To be completely honest I have no idea what size band I have or how much Fluid. Ive never asked but I just had a fill last week and he said that was the last one with .5 cc and were going down to less after that.

I've been banded since 8/24/10 weigh in at 300 now 235. my goal weight will be 175. I had 2 fills and some Fluid removed. I feel great .

As said, it's very individual. The real question here if your getting hungry that soon, is how much Protein is in your meals. My surgeon tells me if I get hungry in less than 4 hours double the protein in the next meal. I'm never able to eat the whole doubled portion. If I do this and still get hungry in less than 4 hours, it's prolly time for a fill. Also, make sure it's not head hunger. When you think you are hungry, drink 8 or 10 oz of Water and wait 30 -45 minutes and try to get your mind off food. If you are still hungry, you prolly do need a fill. What everyone else has in their band isn't relevant here.

I can't believe I lost track as I was so obsessed with every detail -- it's either four or five. I am about to schedule another but of course I want to be careful not to have too much restriction. No throwing up or reflux, etc. would be okay with me. My surgeon doesn't share the amount as it is irrelevant.

Its not head hunger because my stomach will be growling so loud other people can hear it. If I think im hungry and I know im not I just find other things to do to preoccupy my mind

I am so glad you asked this question. I got my first fill on wednesday, got 4.5 cc...and to be honest I really can't tell anything happened...I'm still hungry and still able to eat more than I THINK I should...and to be even more honest Im starting to be afraid that maybe it's not going to work for me??? I know it's way way to early to even be thinking that, but the thought is running through my head :(

Im just curious how many fills people have gotten to get to their green zone. Ive had 4 now and I still feel like I need another one but I also feel like im having a lot of fills. Im doing good on my weight loss (lost 45 lbs since September) but I still feel hungry in between meals. Ill eat and get full and then an hour later be hungry again. So it would help if I knew of other peoples experiences. Thanks

Edited by ABLOND

sorry not sure why your "quote" appeared three times in my post..