Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time To Goal and Amount of Loss?

Mine was 8 months and loss from date of surgery was 134 pounds and 162 total from my start. That was my first goal of being 215….then i kept losing and lost close to another 50 pounds for a total of 212 pounds in less than 12 months. I LOVE MY SLEEVE!

How about you????

I got to goal in 10 months (81 pounds), but went on to lose a total of 90.

Scout and Jenny, you were both so successful...would you mind sharing what a typical day was (is) like for you as far as the foods you eat and your exercise regime? Do you ever 'splurge'? Thanks

Sure…..I have splurged, only to the degree the sleeve will let you.

There is no magic really, I used Myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and exercised like a crazy person and still do. Let me define crazy person…..month to date (as of the 15th of Feb) I have logged 75 miles on the treadmill and that does not include the other 5-6 hours so far this month I have on the Elliptical and the Concept 2 rowing machine

I made sure not to exceed 1500 calories on days I exercised twice a day and on days I worked out once a day I would not cross 1250. Those amounts are for calorie intake while I am at goal. When I was losing, I very rarely if ever crossed 1000. I will say, when I was working out hard it was not easy to stand up quickly without feeling like I was going to pass out.

Scout and Jenny, you were both so successful...would you mind sharing what a typical day was (is) like for you as far as the foods you eat and your exercise regime? Do you ever 'splurge'? Thanks

My diet is considerably much different now that I am in maintenance compared to what it was like in my weight loss phase. During weight loss, I tried to stick to 600 calories and less than 20 carbs a day. I primarily ate lean Protein and a few veggies. I'll be honest and say I did not exercise, and I still don't. I am lucky and apparently have a pretty high metabolism for someone so petite who doesn't work out. I maintain 116 pounds easily while averaging 1800 calories a day. I eat a LOT more carbs than I did during weight loss, but I eat good carbs. I do have little treats often, but I log every single bite that goes into my mouth. So everything is accounted for and I know what I am doing. :)

I started this journey at 289 lbs In November of 2012. That is when I went to my pcp and got my referral to my bariatrics team. I attended the info meeting Dec. of 2012. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops including 6 months of supervised visits with my pcp. Between Nov. 2012 and Aug. of 2013 I lost 23 lbs. I lost an additional 15 lbs on the pre-op diet. I was 251 lbs when I went in for surgery on Aug. 26th of 2013.

My surgeons goal for me was to lose 70% of my excess body weight, which is 89 lbs. At this point I have exceeded my surgeons goal and have lost 95 lbs. I am heading towards my own personal goal of 160. I am 6 months post-op and feeling great. I am officially no longer "OBESE". (I hate that word). My BMI is now 29.8. When I reach 160 that should finally put me at a "healthy" BMI. I am hoping to be their no later than my surgiversary.

My weigh loss has slowed drastically but I am still losing. I workout nearly every day. I eat less than 1000 calories daily.

I started out at 387 and at the time of surgery I was at 341. Seven months later I weigh 330. So I have lost 111 pounds and I am 5 pounds away from my goal. My surgeon is very impressed and has told me that the amount of weight I have lost compares more to a gastric bypass patient. They are going to feature me on their weight loss web site. Wow too bad I'm not good looking lol.