Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Encouragement needed preop diet blues

This is day 5 of my 2 week preop diet....and the first real day I have struggled. The preop Soups and shakes are nauseating today. The snow is heavy and I am stuck in the house with my kids and surrounded by valentines candy and Cookies. I haven't given in to temptation yet. And I'm staying strong, but I am worried...can I do this..can I make it....how will I do after surgery??

This is day 5 of my 2 week preop diet....and the first real day I have struggled. The preop Soups and shakes are nauseating today. The snow is heavy and I am stuck in the house with my kids and surrounded by valentines candy and Cookies. I haven't given in to temptation yet. And I'm staying strong, but I am worried...can I do this..can I make it....how will I do after surgery??

I totally feel you! I am on day 12 of my 15 day pre-op diet. At first it was hard, then it got easier. Now I'm miserable again. I want the surgery done... Im just so hungry now that i cant have salads to help fill me up with Protein shakes! hang in there!!!

Day 11 for me. First, put the candy away. If it's your kid's have them put it away. I'm gonna tell you what they said to me about pre-op diets. It's not just about shrinking your liver. It's about whether or not you can even be compliant. They may not know if you cheat. But YOU'LL know. You'll know whether or not you are ready for this type of change.

After surgery is easier with true hunger. But you'll have to have your head on straight to fight head hunger. This is a way to see if you can do it. And you know what, you can.

This is hard. It sucks. I'm tired. I'm hangry (hungry+Angry= hangry) but I'm not going to fail this and neither are you. This is your restart. You actually get to reset your metabolism and it's a one-time opportunity.

Guzzle Water, eat sf Jello, eat sf pudding. Chew on a staw if you need to chew something, but do not let food beat you.

Day 5 was my worst day...I thought I was going to take someones head off...I did the pre-op twice and so therefore had a test drive....ugg

You can do this. Think about the goals you are developing in your head. How you want to look and why you are doing this. Keep that close to your mind and you will make it.....Just keep swimming..K

"Never trade what u want most for what u want at the moment"

I know this is hard it's darn right tuff but uve come way too far. I truly understand that the struggle is real!!! Hang in there it's so worth it. Maybe take some alone time to ponder why uve chosen to embark upon this WLS journey, maybe view VSG before and after Picts that showcase other people success stories on UTube, or take some time and think about where u will be 3-6 months from now after surgery with ur new tool. I haven't started my pre-op diet yet and I'm not looking forward to it but when the time come I'm sure during that time I may need u to remind me of my own quote above. Hang in there u got this! We r all here for u and understand totally how ur feeling.

"Never trade what u want most for what u want at the moment" I know this is hard it's darn right tuff but uve come way too far. I truly understand that the struggle is real!!! Hang in there it's so worth it. Maybe take some alone time to ponder why uve chosen to embark upon this WLS journey, maybe view VSG before and after Picts that showcase other people success stories on UTube, or take some time and think about where u will be 3-6 months from now after surgery with ur new tool. I haven't started my pre-op diet yet and I'm not looking forward to it but when the time come I'm sure during that time I may need u to remind me of my own quote above. Hang in there u got this! We r all here for u and understand totally how ur feeling.

you are so right! good encouragement :)

About 3 days into my preop diet I wondered if I could make it. I so wanted to eat, eat, eat!!! But I stuck with it and the feeling went away. Now that I'm postop it's even easier. I think the preop makes you stronger!

Ok, so I am also on day 5 and it has been brutal.

The only thing that saved me is I made up a couple of homeade "soups" (broths) that have saved me today. I was gagging on plain broth so these are my chicken noodle and corn tortilla "soup" recipes.

You would be amazed how some simple seasoning combinations can drastically enhance broth or boullion.

My recipes:

2 cups Water

1 chicken boullion

Dash onion powder

Dash garlic powder

Dash white pepper

Smidgen freeze dried chives

Smidgen dried thyme

Smidgen celery flakes

Microwave for 2:30

Enjoy

Option 2