Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey/March 2014 Sleever

I am scheduled to be sleeved on March 3rd. My pre-op diet starts next week. I have so many emotions going through my head right now...excitement, nerves, anticipation, worry...it's unreal! I know at 5'4 and 228 pounds, that it's time to take this weight off for good! I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about complications but for the most part, I am a very healthy person and I do try to think positive. I try to think about what it will be like to shop for clothes that will look great on me. Sometimes though, I look at my 3 daughters and worry about "What if something goes wrong?". I'm worried about going from full eating to a liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery. I'm not so worried about after because I've been reading that afterwards, you really don't even want anything. Any other March 2014 sleevers?

I had the same worries as you--what about my kids? What if something happens? But I made it, so will you. It wouldn't be normal not to feel some amount of trepidation. Just remember the pre-op liquid diet will get you losing before surgery. It's a great jump-start. You can do this!!!

I am 8 weeks out today and I can tell you that occasionally, i do want more calories than I should be eating, so that feeling does come back. But it is nowhere near what it used to be. I am well on my way, and soon you will be too! Best of luck!!

I get sleeved march 4th, I understand the worries. But I have a ton of faith in my surgeon, who is also going to sleeve my mom. Everything will turn out wonderful. Keep the faith

Hi Jerziegirl, I'm a mother of three and is anticipating a date in early or mid March. My stats are around yours too; 5'4,220 lbs.

I'm more excited than nervous. I have had over 7 months to contemplate and I'm going for it! I have several years of yoyo dieting. Ready for a change and a lifestyle of consistency/accountability.

Fast forward 20-30 years from now...with your current health state do you still believe you will be around for your kids?

I believe I will but with more complications, medications from A-Z, and in more pain. Ultimately, it's up to you just way your pros and cons. Good luck!

Hi all! I know this is the right thing and I know I'm in good care with my doctor. I just think it's the last minute nerves of starting the no food and the surgery. But, I am very excited! Looking forward to the new me! All tests (cardiac, endoscopy, colonoscopy, MRCP, psych eval) are all good. Blood work was all normal except for a low Vitamin D so I have to increase that. So, it's all good so far! :)

I get sleeved third week in March so I know how your feeling excited and nervous but we will make it thought this and become healthier more active people. My EGD is scheduled for next Tuesday last hurdle before surgery so good luck I will be praying for you

So far feeling good. Not looking forward to 2 weeks of liquid only but know I am closer to being who I want to be. This weekend is the last of my big eating. However, I don't have any oaks to overeat. I figure it will only make it harder for me to come off the carbs.

I am scheduled to be sleeved on March 3rd. My pre-op diet starts next week. I have so many emotions going through my head right now...excitement, nerves, anticipation, worry...it's unreal! I know at 5'4 and 228 pounds, that it's time to take this weight off for good! I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about complications but for the most part, I am a very healthy person and I do try to think positive. I try to think about what it will be like to shop for clothes that will look great on me. Sometimes though, I look at my 3 daughters and worry about "What if something goes wrong?". I'm worried about going from full eating to a liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery. I'm not so worried about after because I've been reading that afterwards, you really don't even want anything. Any other March 2014 sleevers?

Hi! I got my date yesterday: March 19. I am exactly your height and weight. Got approved due to diabetes and blood pressure! Please let me know how u are doing. I am in Houston.

Carole B

Day10-down a total of 5.8! Feeling a bit weak but on w I have my Protein Shake, I'm ok. 4 days to go! Thank you all so much for your thoughts! I will keep everyone informed day-by-day! :)

What kind of Protein Shakes are you having? I am having a hard time finding one that I can tolorate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am 3 weeks out and on soft foods..

My date is March 11th. I will be starting my 10 day liquid diet on March 1st. I started this journey last March of 2013, when my doctor recommended surgery because of all my co morbidities. I am 5' 6" and was 250.. I weigh about 240 now.

But, my mom was a very large women and I have older 2 sisters, that are. I decided to be proactice and do something now. I had to do the 6 month diet eval with a nutritionist before insurance approval. I am glad that I did. It has really prepared me for what to expect and learn more. I too, am nervous. But, I could not be more ready for this. Can't weight to see the scale at 150 this time next year. I will try and send a message post surgery for follow up support. Good Luck to all. It is time for us!!

Thank you all and congrats to you all too on your journey. I've been using Muscle Milk and I love it! Today's weight was exactly the same! :)

The Atkins shakes are the best I have found also.