Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone still not hungry?

Okay, I know it sounds like a really dumb question.

Is there anyone out there that is 3 weeks post op and still not hungry?

I am living on 500 cal /day. Taking in 40+ grams of Protein. Very little carbs and fat. I am just not starving-or at least I don't think I am. I believe that I am ready to eat when my stomach growls loudly. A small amount of food seems to fill me up.

I was told by the clinic that I go to that I would be getting hungry real soon-that was 2 weeks ago. Most patients are ready for a fill by the 4th week. I can barely get all the food in now.

I am even exercising and drinking lots of Water.< /p>

Worried something is wrong. Did I get into soft foods/solid stage too soon? :unsure:

I am 5 months post op and have not had a fill yet and I am satisfied with 3 small meals and 1 snack (on occasion). I did have lap band with plication...and some say it is the plication doing it....i'm just happy that it is happening the way it is!

I had the same experience as you of not being hungry. It is different for everyone...if you are following your docs orders and getting in all of your requirements than I would think you are on track.

If you are concerned you should defiantely call your doctors office and check with them to ease your mind!

I'm three years banded and could care less about eating or food in general....I eat because I know I need to...but if I'm busy...then sometimes I forget entirely...

I was like that until my first fill and then for some reason, after the fill, I started getting cravings and super hunger. It might be because I started working out. If that's the way you feel, it's ok. Relish it. And don't decide to push it. You're doing great.

some ppl only needs the band to give them enough restriction to eat smaller and be satisfied. that is what is so nice about having a band. you don't need to have fills if this is working for you if it begins to not work than you have it adjusted. wonderful for us.

I am 5 months (today) post op and very very rarely feel true hunger like I felt it prior to surgery. My body gives me other signals to remind me to eat. I have had no fills and when I eat, I am good for several hours. Quite often I have to use the clock to remind me to eat.

Okay, I know it sounds like a really dumb question.

Is there anyone out there that is 3 weeks post op and still not hungry?

I am living on 500 cal /day. Taking in 40+ grams of Protein. Very little carbs and fat. I am just not starving-or at least I don't think I am. I believe that I am ready to eat when my stomach growls loudly. A small amount of food seems to fill me up.

I was told by the clinic that I go to that I would be getting hungry real soon-that was 2 weeks ago. Most patients are ready for a fill by the 4th week. I can barely get all the food in now.

I am even exercising and drinking lots of Water.

Worried something is wrong. Did I get into soft foods/solid stage too soon? :unsure:

after WLS, the majority are still very swollen inside and not hungry (that happened to me) and with me also having the plication along w/the band (like my pal chasing a dream), i learned and realized that fullness/not hungry feeling is what is going to make me lose weight...

as the swelling goes down, it will be easier to eat and drink

now is the time to get into the game....eat good foods that are good for you (protein always first)........the way i see it, since i can only eat a wee bit, what i do eat will be outstanding........

congrats on your surgery.

Hi there and congratulations on your surgery! Isn't it great to be three weeks out? I was one of those lucky people who was not hungry for quite a while following surgery but then my hunger did return and that was just about the time the doctor had me scheduled for a fill (five or six weeks?). Those early days gave me a taste of what I think the green zone is like -- a disinterest in food, a real lack of hunger, quick satiety from very little, etc. As for Protein, I was told not to worry about Protein goals during this time. And obviously my body has enough stored fuel to burn up. Happy to see my fuel supply going down (my belly!).

So don't worry if you do get hungry again -- that's what the fills are for -- and don't worry if you don't get hungry again -- that's a hallelujah moment. I think it's really important to go to all of your follow-up appointments even if you are not getting a fill yet, so that you have that face-to-face time with your doctor (however brief it may be). Good luck to you and so happy for you to be on your way and doing so well.

Hi there and congratulations on your surgery! Isn't it great to be three weeks out? I was one of those lucky people who was not hungry for quite a while following surgery but then my hunger did return and that was just about the time the doctor had me scheduled for a fill (five or six weeks?). Those early days gave me a taste of what I think the green zone is like -- a disinterest in food, a real lack of hunger, quick satiety from very little, etc. As for Protein, I was told not to worry about Protein goals during this time. And obviously my body has enough stored fuel to burn up. Happy to see my fuel supply going down (my belly!).

So don't worry if you do get hungry again -- that's what the fills are for -- and don't worry if you don't get hungry again -- that's a hallelujah moment. I think it's really important to go to all of your follow-up appointments even if you are not getting a fill yet, so that you have that face-to-face time with your doctor (however brief it may be). Good luck to you and so happy for you to be on your way and doing so well.

Hi Bandista I am 2 1/2 weeks post op. I know everyone is different but how was your energy level at this point.