Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you stop drinking Protein Shakes? I find that I have been feeling better eating food for my Protein. I am 5 weeks post op and on soft foods.

I drink a shake about every other day. I found a brand I love. A shake for me represents a quick and high quality food item that I am more than happy to consume. Sometimes I do one a day.

I stopped around 5th week. Haven't had one x 3 weeks now. Also, I don't lose weight with Splenda/ sucralose, so... I told the nutritionist and she said I'm doing great. Eat my Protein with actual foods.

At 6 months out, I still have Protein shakes around 4x a week. Otherwise it is difficult to get in enough Protein and get in vegetables and Fiber foods. I know many vets who continue to drink Protein Shakes even after a year. They aren't necessarily something you want to give up.

If you are sick to death of them (we all go through that phase) keep trying different brands. I currently use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protein chicken broth (sometimes I add seasoning or sliced mushrooms or a little milk), Chike coffee Protein powder (alone or with a tablespoon of cocoa powder) and Amazing Meal hemp/pea Protein Shakes, along with the occasional Premier Protein shake or Muscle Milk if I am really desperate.

I am six week out and still have a small muscle milk for Breakfast because it is easy and a good Protein source. I will have a shake or another muscle milk during the day if I am not going to hit my 75g of Protein or if I don't have healthy options.

My nut told me once I can get all my Protein by food, I didnt' have to use shakes. But I still do on some days. I like my chocolate shake with sugar free peppermint Syrup and start my day with it on occassion.

My NUT told me I could have one a day....more than that could slow down weight loss. I had purchase quite a variety of brands in both the powder form and RTU. My favorite has turned out to be unjury chocolate Splendor in 1% or 2% milk. Tastes just like good ole' chocolate milk.

I still drink one every few days when I need to get more Protein in.

7 months and I still drink one in the morning. It starts me off with a bang of Protein. I love muscle milk 100 calorie shake. Have a tun in my house. Have every morning. :)

I am on;y 7weeks out but do a shake most every morning. My NUT was ok with me doing that since I try to exercise before getting out the door in the morning and can drink the shake on my commute in the car. I too like Unjury chocolate Splendor, PB2 or banana, with ice and skim milk

I'm 14 months out, and still have one every day. Makes it much easier to get that Protein in.