Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Ryn2bethin, I've lost lots of inches but I'm at a loss at how that works. Still the same weight but smaller clothes... How does that happen???

Hi,

I think that "melting downwards" is so common. It leaves us with a bigger abdominal area. I know that Janette has that, and I certainly do. 6 miles a day is so unrealistic for anyone, let alone someone with your responsibilities. It is so unrealistic. I am seeing a personal trainer for sitting down toning exercises but apart from that I can do no exercise. We are all different. Advice like tat just sets you up to fail and makes you feel bad about yourself. Perhaps just concentrate on those inches lost (which is wonderful), how you look now and the non scale advantages, the exercise that you are doing (which is considerable) rather than what the scales say.

Take care Tammy and you carry on talking on here.

Claire

Hi Tammy - I just wanted to let you know that we are still running parallel to each other - I too have "only" lost 90 lbs. The differences is that I'm delighted with that loss - yes it's slow but we're still moving in the right direction. What is more important to me is all the things I can do now that I couldn't do before - I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and back with my husband last weekend - couldn't have done that last year ☺

I also "only" walk 1-2 miles a day. At my speed (2 - 2.5 miles per hour) a 6 mile walk would take 2 ½ to 3 hours - no one has that amount of time every day! You'd have to be someone who was doing nothing but working on yourself - crazy. Ask your doctor if he/she has 3 hours free every day. I certainly don’t.

I also still have my "apple" shape - I don't think that will ever change - I'm resigned to the idea that I'll never have a flat belly. As Claire says, we're melting downwards - I'm excited to fit size 18 pants now but it's always the waist measurement I have to watch.

Don't get discouraged - you're doing fine. Your "job" taking care of 3 invalids is a lot – both physically and emotionally - and possibly not very rewarding. Try not to let those negative feelings about yourself creep back in – you’re doing fantastic. Hey, you’re doing as well as me so I have to say that ☺

I think you're doing great Tammy, as well as all you other losers too lol :)

I too am a slower loser, I'm at 75-80 lbs lost now, was really hoping to lose a little faster but at least I'm still losing right. Jealous Jenny came out a little bit today at work when my coworker who also had sleeve in April or May is struttin her slim self around. She's lost def more than me in a shorter amount of time, with no exercising at all. I'm very happy for her success, she's a total sweetheart but dang it if I'm not just a lil bit jealous of her speed lol. I know we all lose at different paces, but once in awhile I get bummed :-)

It is what it is and I'll keep hitting the gym trying to whittle my sexiness into a size 12 by thanksgiving.

I haven't made it on here in a long time finally just remembered my password! I started this journey weighing 330 lbs and and finally down to 210 . I had my surgery 02/28/2014 ... my first picture is Feb 27th the before the second is from July and the last is only a week old

post-201951-14146056844698_thumb.jpg

post-201951-14146057540614_thumb.jpg

post-201951-14146057928686_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Misst you are looking absolutely great, such a difference.

Millergirl, as you say we are all different. Have you got any pictures? I am sure that you look really good and it would be good to see some pictures. Maybe it isn't about the weight so much as how you look and the non scale advantages. I am sure that you look great and have plenty of those wonderful NSAs.

Thanks for sharing how you are feeling and how you look.

Claire

I definitely agree clairec I try not to bother too much with the scale anymore because I was seeing more a different in my clothes a pose to the numbers dropping on the scale . my nurse said to stay away from the scale for a couple weeks at a time at least then it's not such a huge disappointment to see the numbers not moving .

and thank you

I think I have a few pics, I'll try to add them later on. I do have some awesome new NSV's too. Thank you for your encouraging words :)

Hi,

Great news. More pictures and more NSAs would be good to see and hear when we all get a little discouraged. We might all start slowing down or stopping losing weight in the coming months and we need to support each other through this and widen our views of the tremendous changes we have made, and are still making in our lives. We should Celebrate together, because we are phenomenal and such a support to each other.

So I will start with a couple of personal NSAs...

I can cross my legs!!!! That is really important because by taking the pressure off my lower spine it reduces my back pain on hard chairs. I have never been able to cross my legs.

I have a small gogo scooter which would not have been possible at my old weight. It gives me amazing independence and I dash around all over the place when we are out. Being pushed in a wheelchair is very limiting. When we were on holiday in the States I was dashing ahead of my mother and Alan, and I went into a park and circled the fountain three times, just because I could!

Who else has some NSAs to share? I will try to find a before picture and also post something more recent, but I just haven't really got any. Janette keeps telling me to change my picture on here, because my face looks so different and I really must.

Take care

Claire

Congratulations MissT - you look fantastic - what a difference! I will try to post a before and after picture soon.

Millergirl - keep it up - you're doing great. I agree - it's hard when other people are losing faster than you are - but I just try to think of all the things I can do now that I couldn't do a year ago - walking around New York City for 6 hours; being able to cross my legs; discovering I actually have a lap; fitting easily in theatre and airplane seats (and no extension) etc. We went to a concert at Carnegie Hall in NYC last weekend - found our seats were in the middle of the row and everyone else was already seated. They all stood up and one man said "You're thin enough to slide past" WHAT? :)

NSA.. there are soooo many now..but my favorite this week is that I will be able to run in my 1st 5k race. Besides getting healthy this was a goal I set for my self before I had surgery. I can't wait until Saturday Nov 1 to finally achieve this. I'm not looking for first place..just want to fully run and finish it.

Deanna

You peeps are awesome :)

I gotta say though is NSA or NSV?

Hi,

Wow Janette, thin enough to slide past, how wonderful! I am not sure about NSA or NSV, but I thought if A stood for Advantage, then it should be A.

I have posted two new pictures from today, and two from the day before my surgery. I can't quite believe it myself, I don't seem recognisable even to me.

Take care

Claire

post-204386-0-19756700-1414695197_thumb.jpg

post-204386-0-98424900-1414695200_thumb.jpg

post-204386-0-81227200-1414695204_thumb.jpg

post-204386-0-41460700-1414695208_thumb.jpg

Wow what a transformation! Great work girl :) that makes sense about A for Advantage, lol I saw it and the first thing that came to my mind was "no strings attached " I'm a dork, it's ok.

I do have a cool NSV to add: when I shave my armpits now it's more difficult because they're sunken in to my body now lol. I just have to shave them differently now I guess.