Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going Crazy Waiting!

I know everyone went thru the waiting and this isn't the first time someones has had to vent but waiting to see if my insurance it going to approve my wls is driving me crazy!!!!! I want to start buying everything I need and put in my request for the time off I'll need from work but I cant do anything until I know for sure. I feel like this one little decision is consuming my life and my hands are tied!

I called after around 5 days and they told me over the phone I was approved. Couldn't hurt, right?

Oooo I'll calling soon then! Just to have some peace of mind!

Hi Kiara: Who is your surgeon? I went through Synergy (Dr Caruana). After I had everything done, pre op bloodwork and all the other requirements... they submitted request to IHA. I was done with everything on DEC 7th. On Dec 17th I got insurance approval. Jan 13th I went for pre op testing. Jan 27th my PMD cleared me. Feb 4 was surgery. I hated waiting... I felt so big and I couldn't take it another day.

I have Dr. Caruana as well. I just got the letter sayin that I have everything done and that they are going to submitt everything soon

Oh great... they probably already sent it in to your insurance. I heard IHA is one of the toughest and I have them and they approved me in less than a week. You will be scheduled for your sleeve very soon. I am thinking early April. I can help mentor you if you like. I just went through it so everything is fresh in my mind.

I called my insurance just about everyday, and the day I told myself to give it a rest and calm down was very day I got the call of approval. I'm starting to realize that the waiting does not stop. I had to wait six months because I had to do a supervised diet, in the beginning those six months seemed like six years. Then I had to "wait" for approval which drive me crazy. I told myself that once I get the approval, the waiting is over because now I know I'm getting the surgery no matter what. Now that I have my surgery date, even though it's about a week away, it seems so far and its driving me crazy, it cannot come quick enough! I'm guessing after surgery it will be small goal weights that I will be so anxious to reach and that will drive me crazy on the way to reaching them. I guess the "waiting" won't stop until we reach our final goal.

Good luck to you, I have my fingers crossed.

That is definitely another problem I'm worried about! My doctor makes it seem like I about to have surgery tomorrow but what if I have more steps to take!?!?

there are no more steps... this is what you have to do once approved by IHA.

Pay any co-pays to Synergy you owe.

Go to ECMC for your pre-op (Synergy gives you date and time and you will have bloodwork, EKG, and Chest Xray).

Make an appointment for your PMD to review results of bloodwork, EKG and Chest Xray to obtain medical clearance.

Go to an exercise and post op seminar at synergy (they will give you a date)

Start your liver reduction diet 10 days prior to your surgery date.

This all goes really really really fast. Keep me in the loop.

I called the insurance company once a week until I had an answer. They didnt mind at all. Then I got the ball rolling. I knew before the doctors office did,

The wait is over! March 13th I start my new life!

Had surgery yesterday and it went way better than I expected. Only complaint is nausea from the anesthesia. Pain is a level 4 not even using the PCA pump. Hope you has the same results. Just started having stomach spasms but only when I sip Water. I'm up and walking with no issues.

I know that felt good to hear. Congratulations!!!!

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Had surgery yesterday and it went way better than I expected. Only complaint is nausea from the anesthesia. Pain is a level 4 not even using the PCA pump. Hope you has the same results. Just started having stomach spasms but only when I sip Water. I'm up and walking with no issues.

Those spasms are starting to subside... I had my surgery 2/3. They were the worst!! That Bentyl helps.