Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone else experience this........?

OK, let's examine the question. "Did anyone else experience this?

Actually, chances are, the majority if not everybody did. Experience what, you ask? Well, pretty much every single question that ends with "did anyone else experience this. Most sleeve surgeries and recoveries are very similar and in so much that, we are all assumed to be of the human species, our experiences are typically similar as well. But what becomes apparent is what is being overlooked when these questions are repeatedly being asked.

Let me explain. Your desperate to get a quick answer to your question, so you rush to post it and wait for a response.......possibly not getting the answer or the information you actually wanted and possibly not getting such a quick response either. After all, there may only be a few online at that particular moment.

The point is, your overlooking what is right in front of you. The exact answer and information you need is located within the forum already. (numerous times) And is easily found by quickly searching thru the various categories and thread titles. And it's available instantly. And the real benefit is, while your browsing and reading, you're gonna find many other topics and posts on subjects you were thinking about questioning later.

All this surfing will provide you with readily available knowledge to easily deal with or remove any fears, concerns or unknowns that might have continued to bother you.

So if it can't wait, by all means ask away, but in the meantime, search the archives and ease your mind without the wait.

This tidbit was brought to you by 'Recycled' with nothing to do at one in the morning......... -_- .

<p>who are you pray tell? The forum police??</p>

Right?! Lol!!!

I don't post questions on here often. I'm one of the people you described that like to search for my answers first. However with that being said, while searching, most of the answers I've gotten where from the "have anyone experienced this" forums. So if they wouldn't have posted them us searchers wouldn't find many results. So we really should be thanking them.

Edited by SweetSophia

So everyone reaches a point in the forums where they just can't keep reading/answering the same questions. There is even a search function but people don't work that way. Most feel a strong desire to ask their questions and share their worries as though they were the first to experience it. It is part of the support process. Many "vets" leave at that point when they are tired of what seems like repeats. A better solution is to realize there is a whole fresh crop of people eager to answer the same ole questions. .... they help newbies and I think it helps many of us to share info. It keeps us focused.

I have been on this forum for years and honestly don't even open most of those type of post unless it is a topic I feel I can add something to.

So everyone reaches a point in the forums where they just can't keep reading/answering the same questions. There is even a search function but people don't work that way. Most feel a strong desire to ask their questions and share their worries as though they were the first to experience it. It is part of the support process. Many "vets" leave at that point when they are tired of what seems like repeats. A better solution is to realize there is a whole fresh crop of people eager to answer the same ole questions. .... they help newbies and I think it helps many of us to share info. It keeps us focused.

I have been on this forum for years and honestly don't even open most of those type of post unless it is a topic I feel I can add something to.

Well put! :D

who are you pray tell? The forum police??

I figured not everyone would get it. Chill guys, it's just pointing out how much information is available if you look. And I do get the point that people want to post their inquirys like they are the first to experience something or to get personal support.

It's all good. Different strokes and all.

Very well put.