Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

WOOHOO!! Insurance has approved my 5 March surgery date!! I am all set!!........Holy it's happening batman, it just got real!! I go this Thrusday and Friday for Pre-Op counseling, then I meet with the surgeon on Monday and Tuesday I go to get my PICC line inserted and surgery on Wednesday at 8:30 AM. I have to be there by 6:30. Butterflies are starting to take root in the belly! So glad this group is here, and we can all lean on each other for support!!

wow! You are moving at the speed of light! Congrats :)

My surgery date is Mar 10th, and I'm really struggling with the pre-op diet. And to top it all off, we unexpectantly got the opportunity to buy a house. So at the time of my surgery, will be in the middle of a move. So of course I'm feeling majorly overwhelmed (and sorry for my husband) LOL. I just hope that with the surgery (that was already scheduled before the house) and post op goes well so I can prepare the old and new house for moves. I'm definitely really excited for this new change.

welcome to the group Mclosin' congrats on the surgery and house! How long have you been on your diet? I've read that it gets better after a few days if you are just starting out.

My date is March 17th also. So Ready!! I am with you all the way Blue! We can do this!!

My date is march 17. Can't wait !!

My date is March 17th also. So Ready!! I am with you all the way Blue! We can do this!!

I think that makes 3 of us for the 17th :) almost there!

Last of my insurance requirements...done! Today I had my psych eval and it went great. I filled out the normal new patient paperwork while waiting. The appointment ran a little long, as we both discovered that we had something in common...mother's to 28 weeker preemies. Anywho, just all the basic questions. Making sure I have good support from family and friends (I told them yes, PLUS the great support on Bariatric PAL!), that I don't make rash decisions, etc.. All is good, she is faxing her letter over to my dr this afternoon.

Here is my timeline (for BCBS Anthem):

January 27th, 2014: First appt with surgeon.

February 5th, 2014: Nutritionist Appt (telephone)

February 7th, 2014: Pulmonary Clearance Appt

February 11th, 2014: Cardiac Clearance Appt

February 23rd, 2014: Physical Trainer Appt

February 25th, 2014: Psych Eval

I am all set for a last week of March surgery. Should know later this week for sure. BCBS is apparently very fast with their approvals.

Last of my insurance requirements...done! Today I had my psych eval and it went great. I filled out the normal new patient paperwork while waiting. The appointment ran a little long, as we both discovered that we had something in common...mother's to 28 weeker preemies. Anywho, just all the basic questions. Making sure I have good support from family and friends (I told them yes, PLUS the great support on Bariatric PAL!), that I don't make rash decisions, etc.. All is good, she is faxing her letter over to my dr this afternoon. Here is my timeline (for BCBS Anthem): January 27th, 2014: First appt with surgeon. February 5th, 2014: Nutritionist Appt (telephone) February 7th, 2014: Pulmonary Clearance Appt February 11th, 2014: Cardiac Clearance Appt February 23rd, 2014: Physical Trainer Appt February 25th, 2014: Psych Eval I am all set for a last week of March surgery. Should know later this week for sure. BCBS is apparently very fast with their approvals.

you see, told you it was nothing to worry about.

WOOHOO!! Insurance has approved my 5 March surgery date!! I am all set!!........Holy it's happening batman, it just got real!! I go this Thrusday and Friday for Pre-Op counseling, then I meet with the surgeon on Monday and Tuesday I go to get my PICC line inserted and surgery on Wednesday at 8:30 AM. I have to be there by 6:30. Butterflies are starting to take root in the belly! So glad this group is here, and we can all lean on each other for support!!

Congrats! And yes I read a few explatives in that even though they weren't there! Haha.

Congrats! And yes I read a few explatives in that even though they weren't there! Haha.

Lol Srreeder! Good catch! :)

I am having the Gastric Bypass on March 13th. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congrats on all of these fast surgeries!! I am still waiting for my stuff to be submitted for approval. I saw the doc last three weeks ago today and s he said they were submitting then. Yeah No! Not a happy camper.

Finished all my appts today. Insurance (BCBL IL) approval has already been received. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get my date. I'm hoping for the 17th. Fingers crossed and congratulations to the other March surgery team members. :)

Hello all..... I started my liquid diet today, it consists of 1 8oz Impact Advanced Recovery(vanilla not my fav but I can handle it) for Breakfast and one for lunch and 1 cup of veggies at dinner an water...Surgery is next Wednesday 3/5 wont know time till day before ........I am so excited making sure all my ducks are in line at the home front before I leave YEEEE HAWWWW SOOOO READY !!!

Groggy congrats I can't wait, I get my surgery date on March 5 it has been 8 months keep us posted .

Just got my surgery time scheduled!! I have to be at the hospital @ 5:30am on March 3rd surgery at 7:30 am! I didn't have to do the full two week preop diet just no fast food, fried foods, and no red meat...protein, Protein, protein... 4 more days!