Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

I had that problem and found I had to choose the button at the top right corner of person profile that says "add me as friend". If I selected button at bottom of profile that was "add profile name as friend" I would get the not allowed stmt. hope that helps.

Hi! This is my first post. All of this is happening so quickly for me. Sometimes I feel that it just can't be true. I went to my first appt with my surgeon in Jan. 29th. I have BCBS Anthem. I have gone to nutritionist, pulmonalagist, cardiologist, physical trainer, and have my last appt (psych) on tuesday. I am on track for a March 24th surgery. I really thought I would be more nervous, at this point I am just excited and grateful.

My first post! I'm scheduled for March 14 in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. This is all crazy and I can't believe it's going to happen!

Welcome Sarah and iron! Glad you're here to share your journey with us all!

Surgery is scheduled for March 7th! This will be my second attempt. I was on the table on February 4th, the anesthesiologist sent me home as I had an upper respiratory infection. Nerves are getting to me again... I do have a new surgeon who I feel more comfortable about

Too...here's praying all goes smoothly.

Congratulations to all of you who will have their surgeries in March! I remember being excited but nervous and thinking can I do this and I am here to say YES you can ! I had my surgery in December and am 56 lbs down!

Surgery is scheduled for March 7th! This will be my second attempt. I was on the table on February 4th, the anesthesiologist sent me home as I had an upper respiratory infection. Nerves are getting to me again... I do have a new surgeon who I feel more comfortable about Too...here's praying all goes smoothly.

I'm getting nervous too!! Mine in in 1 week (4th) but not nervous for me, for my babies. I have just turned 2 year old twin girls and I have never been apart from them. My mum is looking after them while I'm in hospital 3 days. I know they'll be ok just worried as they won't understand.

Hi! This is my first post. All of this is happening so quickly for me. Sometimes I feel that it just can't be true. I went to my first appt with my surgeon in Jan. 29th. I have BCBS Anthem. I have gone to nutritionist, pulmonalagist, cardiologist, physical trainer, and have my last appt (psych) on tuesday. I am on track for a March 24th surgery. I really thought I would be more nervous, at this point I am just excited and grateful.

Wow that's really fast! My first appointment was in early May.

I wonder if it's going so fast because I have bcbs anthem. Maybe their approval process doesnt have as many hoops?

I am really taking this gift seriously. Today I had 1 cup of coffee and then mixed uo some Protein Powder with some soy milk. My doctor requires a 1 wk Protein Shake only prior to surgery so I am trying to ease into it so it hopefully won't be so difficult when it will be my only choice.

Anyone else have bcbs?

Welcome Sarah and iron! Glad you're here to share your journey with us all!

Thank you. So glad to be here!

I wonder if it's going so fast because I have bcbs anthem. Maybe their approval process doesnt have as many hoops? I am really taking this gift seriously. Today I had 1 cup of coffee and then mixed uo some Protein powder with some soy milk. My doctor requires a 1 wk Protein Shake only prior to surgery so I am trying to ease into it so it hopefully won't be so difficult when it will be my only choice. Anyone else have bcbs?

My employer offers BCBS and the approval process is a lot faster. I have several coworkers who've had it done in just a few months. I'm covered under my husbands insurance because it's cheaper and the coverage is better but they requires 6 months of weigh-in. I took an extra month on top of that to get everything done and then it took a few weeks to get my approval and schedule my date so that put me at almost 10 months when it was all said and done.

Thank you for that. I was beginning to think I was living in lala land and that it couldn't really be going this smoothly. I feel so grateful for how the steps are falling in to place.

I am in Florida the Pensacola area going to X in august for a dirt girl mud race for breast cancer