Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much protein

Hi, I got mu surgery in august of 2013 and Ive been loosing so much hair I dont know what to do anymore i take Protein Shakes try to average at least 60 mg of Protein a day but the hairliss doesnt stop... What should i do? How much protein should i take? Please help me

I was told at least 80 grams, but from what I was told hair loss is inevitable. Although I've read some people are LUCKY enough to not experience it. I can only hope it won't happen to me, but I doubt it. I was told to take Biotin to help with the loss, but from what I have read here on the forums that doesn't seem to help either. I hope the Hair loss doesn't last too long for you.

Thank you guys ill try to take in more Protein but its honestly hard couse my band is tight so I dont eat very much, I do hope my Hair loss subsides because I have lost so much hair im truly scared I used to have a very thick ponytail and now its about the size of a quarter and everytime i brush my hair a big wad of it comes out, i do take Biotin already but doesnt seem to help i hope taking more protein does

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Maybe it's time for a cute shorter look? I've been contemplating that for myself. I don't know if I can handle the clumps. I have really thick hair, so all that means is it will come out in thicker clumps!

Pampi, sorry to hear what's happening. I was sleeved nine months ago and started losing hair 3 months out and it's just letting up now.

I have used Toppik, keratin hair fibres that you shake into the roots of your hair to make it look thicker - and it fills in any gaps so no bald spots.

Has saved my life as I lost 50% of the thickness of my hair and you could see my scalp. But no one else noticed as Toppik covered it all up...

Hang in there it does get better!

My nutritionist and hair dresser told me it was because of the lack of carbs in my diet. She called it "carb flu." Who knows.. I've heard so many different stories. A lot more things factor in than just our diets.

The bad news is that Hair loss is usually inevitable. The good news is that it is almost always temporary. Your journey will take a little time but when all is said and done - you're gonna love the new you!!

Some one mentioned on a thread a while back that seeing a dermatologist may provide some options -- special Shampoo, etc.? Skin and hair, so that makes sense. Good luck to you!

hair loss was temporary for me. I started taking Biotin and it seemed to help.

Super shock to your body. Response; Hair loss. Protein however should be lean body weight = grams in protien daily.

Super shock to your body. Response; Hair loss. Protein however should be lean body weight = grams in protien daily.

How do I know my lean body weight?

What's your goal?

Im five months out and have been losing hair like crazy for the past two months:-( my nut recommemded 65 grams of Protein a day, tho i often get more. I've taken Biotin since pre op, and use nioxin products. Nothing works for me. I work in a hair salon and the girls told me hair grows in a three month cycle. I sure hope things turn around in a month!