Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much were you losing at 2 months?

I am only losing 3 pounds per week at this point; not overeating or eating anything restricted (such as sugars and starches). Not sure why I'm not losing more. I see people saying they've lost 30 more pounds than I have even though we've had our surgeries at the same time.

Baffled and frustrated. :(

3 pounds per week is freakin awesome!!! Don't compare yourself to everyone else, everyone loses at different rates. I'm down 42 at 11 weeks so I would say you are very average!

That's pretty darn good! Stop comparing your loss to others loss. No two of us are going to lose the same rate.

My 2nd month was my slowest month.

Darlin,

You're doing GREAT! I'm 3.5 months out and have lost 41 lbs since surgery and 56 since my highest. 3 pounds a week is a great rate of loss and probably more realistic than some folks' expectations.

Keep in mind that it also depends on how much you have to lose and what your eating habits and metabolism were like BEFORE the surgery.

Hang in there...every lb is a victory!

I would give anything for 3 lbs. a week!!!! That's great.

I think we were sleeved at about the same time. I'm 10 weeks out as of yesterday. Surgery date was 11/25. I am losing about 3 lbs/ week also. I am down about 33-34 lbs since surgery. I was hoping it would go faster, too. But honestly, If I can maintain this rate, I'll be at goal at about 10 months out. I try to remind myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint and as long as the number is going in the right direction, I'm good. We have to try to remember not to compare ourselves with others as we are all different. Just hang in there. We will get there.

Please, please don't ever compare your weight loss to anyone elses.......I consider myself a slow loser, and felt the same as you did when I heard of those big numbers others were getting........but we all lose weight at different rates......I weigh myself daily (which is not recommended, but I've done it all my life, even when I weighed 260) and when my weightloss stopped for 6 weeks, I let my clothes be my guide -- I had lost 2 sizes during that time........

Like everyone said, you are doing fantastic......keep up the good work!

Something else to remember...it takes a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose a pound. If your Basal Metabolic Rate (the rate which your body burns calories just for being alive every day, without any exertion) is say 2,200 calories and you're eating 800 calories, that leaves a negative of 1,400 calories. Without exercise of any sort, that means you will only lose a pound every 2.5-3 days. Which is about right. If you exercise to burn say another 500 calories a day, that will burn another pound each week (500 calories/day x 7 days = 3,500 calories). That would put you at 3-4 lbs a week. That is a more than reasonable expectation of loss, honestly. 3-4 lbs a week gives your skin and your face the chance to catch up with your body weight loss as well. I'd love to drop my last 46 lbs by tomorrow but yet I'd look like a DEFLATED Gummy BEAR if I lost it that fast! :blink:

I think we were sleeved at about the same time. I'm 10 weeks out as of yesterday. Surgery date was 11/25. I am losing about 3 lbs/ week also. I am down about 33-34 lbs since surgery. I was hoping it would go faster, too. But honestly, If I can maintain this rate, I'll be at goal at about 10 months out. I try to remind myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint and as long as the number is going in the right direction, I'm good. We have to try to remember not to compare ourselves with others as we are all different. Just hang in there. We will get there.

We have the same surgery date! :)

Thank you, everyone. This has made me feel much better about my losses! I know I should just appreciate what is going on, its just so hard when you've been dieting for 25 of your 33 years on earth. I'm just so exhausted from being this heavy for so long. I'm tired of being tired, sick of feeling sick. I want to be able to work again so we can get a better place to live but my knees and back are just too strained still. I sunk everything I have into this and the thought of it not working is terrifying.

I am only losing 3 pounds per week at this point; not overeating or eating anything restricted (such as sugars and starches). Not sure why I'm not losing more. I see people saying they've lost 30 more pounds than I have even though we've had our surgeries at the same time.

Baffled and frustrated. :(

Wow, at my best I only lost 2 lbs a week and now that I am nearing 6 months out and am weight training, I'm barely losing 1 lb a week on the scale. Stop comparing, like the others said. You are doing really really well! Everyone is different.

Im glad you're feeling better LSP. I'm 6 weeks out and I lose about 2 - 3 lbs a week. Slow and steady wins the race (plus decreases our chances of stretch marks and super loose skin)

Thank you, everyone. This has made me feel much better about my losses! I know I should just appreciate what is going on, its just so hard when you've been dieting for 25 of your 33 years on earth. I'm just so exhausted from being this heavy for so long. I'm tired of being tired, sick of feeling sick. I want to be able to work again so we can get a better place to live but my knees and back are just too strained still. I sunk everything I have into this and the thought of it not working is terrifying.

Oh honey do I identify with what you said so much! I've been on a diet since I was seven, and my mom told me chubby girls can't wear bikinis, and if I lose my belly I can have whatever swimsuit I want. So the yoyo dieting began!

I feel almost desperate to just be a normal size, and while I'm so grateful for this opportunity and journey, sometimes its difficult to not want it all to happen RIGHT NOW. Of course the previous poster is right... We will be better off at a reasonable rate of weight loss when it comes to skin, etc.

Have you started lifting weights yet? I want to look fit, not just skinny, so I'm hoping that will help.

Good luck to you! And thanks for sharing! <3

I am 12 weeks out today. I don't lose anything for 10-15 days, then drop 4-5 lbs. it drove me crazy to read about everyone losing every day, every other day.

Finally realized this is MY pattern and it is ok. If scale goes down and not up, I'm golden!

We are all unique. Follow your program, have faith.

I understand sleeve nov19 started weight 250 current weight 215 , I think in our mines we look at everything we did, to go down this root . We should be dropping like fast, but people had notice, my face , I always said my face is on a diet the rest of body dosn't know yet! ;)

But we can't compare to others , we all are different . And take one day at time, don't look at negative , look forward, am not going to get on scale . Only once a week. It is driving me crazy !