Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 8 months post surgery and yesterday and today I have been burping and burping, and then I feel like I have indigestion and a foamy feeling in my throat. Oh and I have been passing gas like a pro!

I have taken gas-x (2 tablets), but it really has not given me any relief.

I'm so paranoid that my band has slipped, IDK why (yes I do, my friend who has had her band since 2010 just recently found out that hers has slipped) I am going Wednesday to a new Dr. (My Dr. moved away and referred me to a new Dr who is 55 minutes away from me, and that's the closest one)

When I go Wednesday I have to do the barium drink thing so they can see how the band is fitted, and they can tell then if it has slipped right?

What are the odds of a band slip? I know its like 1 out of 1000 right?

I feel like I am a hypochondriac, but the stress is getting to me. My last Dr's visit was in November (because of the weather I have had to reschedule my appointment several times) Maybe the stress is making me have the indigestion and the hypochondriac feelings lol

No nausea unless I think about something gross, or see something gross, but now that I am thinking about it, I am feeling a little nauseous.

See?!?! I am going nuts.

Never had a problem, only had 1 pb this whole time and been chugging along great, and now I find out that and all of a sudden I feel like I am blowing everything out of proportion.

Any words will help, TIA!

I understand your fear, especially since someone you know personally has had a band slip and the thought of that is fresh in your mind! I'm sure that you're starting to notice every little gurgle/burp because of the worry. It honestly could be from something you've eaten that's causing you to be gassy/bloated. Try not to work yourself up or jump to conclusions. Go into your appointment Wednesday, do the upper GI, and hopefully all your worries are for nothing!

Have you had any of the classic slip symptoms...reflux, coughing at night, pain, vomitting?

I am 8 months post surgery and yesterday and today I have been burping and burping, and then I feel like I have indigestion and a foamy feeling in my throat. Oh and I have been passing gas like a pro! I have taken gas-x (2 tablets), but it really has not given me any relief. I'm so paranoid that my band has slipped, IDK why (yes I do, my friend who has had her band since 2010 just recently found out that hers has slipped) I am going Wednesday to a new Dr. (My Dr. moved away and referred me to a new Dr who is 55 minutes away from me, and that's the closest one) When I go Wednesday I have to do the barium drink thing so they can see how the band is fitted, and they can tell then if it has slipped right? What are the odds of a band slip? I know its like 1 out of 1000 right? I feel like I am a hypochondriac, but the stress is getting to me. My last Dr's visit was in November (because of the weather I have had to reschedule my appointment several times) Maybe the stress is making me have the indigestion and the hypochondriac feelings lol No nausea unless I think about something gross, or see something gross, but now that I am thinking about it, I am feeling a little nauseous. See?!?! I am going nuts. Never had a problem, only had 1 pb this whole time and been chugging along great, and now I find out that and all of a sudden I feel like I am blowing everything out of proportion. Any words will help, TIA!

I burp and fart all the time. I have been told that comes with the band. Maybe tomorrow have easy foods. shakes , Soups. Things like that. Good luck with the new doctor.

If your band slipped you would know it. You would be throwing up constantly and not able to eat anything. I wouldn't worry maybe you just have gastritis.

I've been told you would be throwing up violently & in a lot of pain. I think you should be okay. Your mind will be put to ease after your doc appt. Hang in there. I'm sure everything is fine. We all worry like that sometimes.

the dr will tell you if you have a slip

try not to worry although you will.....

dont fret until there is something wrong...

PS: when i burp, its my bands way of saying

i had enough, a signal.......

It could be something that you ate that did not agree with you. That happens to me sometimes, I have way too many food sensitivities and sometimes I will eat something that will leave me feeling bloated or full of gas and ick for a day or two. When I feel that I way I will go back to basics and give my band and my belly a break. Soon enough my system gets back on track and I mark that food as sensitive.

Mushrooms, Broccoli, Cabbage and Kidney Beans are on my list thus far. Mushrooms, and Beans were an issue for me even before banding. Broccoli and Cabbage are new additions, for some reason they do not want to digest without causing horrible gas discomfort for days.

Thank you everyone!!!!! You don't know how much your words have helped! Ty Ty Ty

Just wanted to let everyone know I went to the Dr today, and I had my upper GI. Everything looked good and band is where it is suppose to be. The stoma is not stretched out (yeaah!!), and I have been timing my eating now every time I eat. And I chew chew chew chew chew......lol

I am still burping like a sailor, but the Dr said that it was a good thing. I get gas pains between my shoulder blades after I am done eating, but then I burp, and all pain is gone. Go figure, and its not like a horrible pain, more like an uncomfortable feeling.

I didn't get a fill, my previous Dr who moved didn't send over my paperwork that I requested them to back in November! So my new Dr didn't know what type of band I had or how much was currently in it, nothing. When I asked my old Dr's office if they could send it they told me no they could not, so then I asked if I could just come get it myself and they said no, that they were locked out of all their info. wtf? They said they should be getting a new password and be able to get back into their info by the end of the month..again WTF?

So in March I am going to call and see if they have their password again. lol

Great News that your band hadnt slipped and i know what you mean about the burping and gas. I used to only get gas if i ate onions or diary now its with everything. I must have missed that part in the seminar. Lol.

hahaha I have discovered onions do the same thing to me now too. And Water sometimes..lol

I hate the gas pressure but since I am now not as stressed out as I was before I am feeling more human. But I'm still eating as slow as I was before and chew chew chewing. (still setting my timer, and I am finishing at the 20 minute mark) I either have finished whats on the plate or at the 20 minute mark I am full and I throw away whats left on the plate :D

one week away from my first bandaversary and I still burp. Usually, that is my lap band"Audry" saying you have had enough already, stop with the food! As far a gas passing, depends on what I am eating. Don't get a lot of gas around solid food, but if I go back on the Liquid Protein for a day or even part of a day I will "pass gas," to put it politely. One year and 85 to 90 pounds given away. I put on a suit the other day and it fit size 34 pants, started at 44, could not find a belt to fit though as they all were too big even on the last hole. Oh, what a day. Best of luck.

So................ How did the follow up visit go with your surgeon following the barium swallow.......... Was the band to tight or something else?

Interested in finding out how you did

UPDATE!!

I went to the Dr with all my issues and he did blood work and an ultrasound and discovered that I have gallstones!!

But I dont have a gallbladder, that was removed in 1994. But yes you can still get stones!!

I was referred to a Gastro, went in and talked to him, now I am just waiting to hear back from them on a surgery date!!

Then I can get another fill since I have hit a plateau.

I am so glad that I am not crazy as I thought I was..lol there was a reason for the pain and it wasnt the band :)