Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance paying for protein drinks....

Based on your knowledge of insurance does this mean that if I am in need of any cosmetic surgery due to skin rashes, infections, or something like that would my insurance cover it? I don't think I'll need it but just in case.

In my pre surgery classes, they mentioned Kaiser would cover skin removal IF it had been well documented that you were experiencing rashes or discomfort (ie: skin being caught in zipper, etc). Keep in mind that skin removal is very different from a Tummy Tuck. Tummy tucks also include cutting the under muscle and tightening it as many people have weak muscles which add to the extended pouch.

Edited by Bluesea71

Ive heard it's the scar cream that is ridiculously priced and watch out because if your insurance plan has a max you will reach that fast with the scar cream!!

I saw on youtube on the ladies that got this said her insurance company was charged $1100 and for the amount of stuff she got it was't even worth $300...so for those that get this can you let the rest of know of that amount charged to the insurance company is for all 7 months or just for that month...thanks

@piercedqt78 sorry you had trouble...I get everything regularly now...I hope it all worked out...

@RnJsNana they will not send it to you unless you are approved by your insurance company.... if something happens after the fact, they could not bill you for it as a prior approval is needed for the "medication" to be delivered anyway...

Does anyone that got it covered have Kaiser? I'm just wondering before I start the process.

Does anyone that got it covered have Kaiser? I'm just wondering before I start the process.

Kaiser doesn't cover it. Or at least Northern California didn't.

Thanks, and I have Northern California. :(

Kaiser doesn't cover it. Or at least Northern California didn't.

Just got confirmation that my insurance approved it!!! I'm getting 4 cases of Premier Protein shipped to me, and scar cream completely covered by insurance!!! Woo-hoo!! They didn't approve Vitamins, so they're sending me the "gift" of chewable vitamins in the first month shipment. It should all be here before I get home from the hospital. So tickled. :)

@JCsMamaBear they told me the Vitamins would only be one month...but I have been getting them every month! Unfortunately, I don't care for them...fortunately, my sister had a gastic bypass done years ago and she likes them... so she gets them from me :) win/win!

the scar cream is wonderful stuff! light/non-greasy/no smell (at least for me...my friend says she thinks hers smells medicinal) ... it has helped with my hyterectomy scar BIG time! It's no longer a big, red zipper on my belly...softer shade of pink-so far ;)

Just submitted info. I have Aetna with Express Scripts. Here's hoping! (Fingers crossed)

hello sisterjason, were you approved?

@JCsMamaBear they told me the Vitamins would only be one month...but I have been getting them every month! Unfortunately, I don't care for them...fortunately, my sister had a gastic bypass done years ago and she likes them... so she gets them from me :) win/win!

the scar cream is wonderful stuff! light/non-greasy/no smell (at least for me...my friend says she thinks hers smells medicinal) ... it has helped with my hyterectomy scar BIG time! It's no longer a big, red zipper on my belly...softer shade of pink-so far ;)

Do they continue to send scar cream and Vitamins automatically with the Protein drinks and charge you for the vitamins and scar cream? I've read on here that the insurance covers the drinks but the vitamins and scar cream is expensive and not covered by the insurance. Can you cancel the cream and vitamins? And still receive the Protein Drinks?

Our insurance covers this you can get premiere or optisource . I got a shipment of the outsource (it was the brand the hospital used). Alas it's really sweet I blend it with ice but After a week I found that I dreaded drinking it, I had powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury samples from the NUT pre op and ordered it in the canisters before I know about insurance coverage. I called and asked It turns out that the insurance will reimburse me for what ever shake I wanted for three months as long as I had an RX.

Just mentioning because the company that sells the optisource does all the insurance stuff but you have to use the brand they market. It only took a few minutes for me to get the shake I actually like on my own and I already got the reimbursement check

Is there a form i need to fill out for premier Protein shakes to be payed by insurance ? Can u please let me know ... Lindaras22@yahoo.com

Dear Linda

Hope all is well.

Yes, in order to receive your nutritional supplements covered by your insurance, you must go to INSURE NUTRITION website and Register there.

Website Address is: http://www.insurenutrition.com

Registration Link: https://www.insurenutrition.com/client_registration.php

After registration Insure Nutrition Employee will contact you and tell you about your Insurance Eligibility and your coverage.

Hope you are covered and receive your Nutritional Supplement paid by your insurance!

Best Regards

Insure Nutrition Admin

Edited by Insure Nutrition

I'm sure this has been asked before but this post is a decade long lol. But I just applied and it said thank you for registering with insure nutrition. Does this mean I have been approved or shall I still be standing by expecting a phone call or email? This is very cool thanks for sharing this little bit of knowledge, I never would have thought this was an option. :)

now that I posted I realize I definitely didn't look hard lol. Hindsight is 20/20 I'll tell you what.

Thank you again!

Edited by cassandramarie93