Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

: ) it's just hard for me to watch my husband having to do EVERYTHING when I feel like I can do something but clearly all I can do right now is get my walking in. Anything more wears me out really bad.

I know. You have limitations. On calories... Bc you're not getting them in to fuel your body, you're gonna wear yourself out. Plus you're not supposed to lift etc. day by day. It'll be hard, but the more you're able to take in the better it'll be. If you can, mix your unflavored Protein Powder in with Powerade zero or your other fluids.

Heather, you just had surgery. Give it a little more time. You have to put yourself first for a little while to recover. I'm sure your husband is understanding. If you're anything like me, he gets it but you don't. I have a 16 month old daughter who cries and runs to me every time she sees me. But I still can't pick her up. It's killing me slowly. I hate not being able to comfort her or help my husband and parents take care of her. But I have to put me first for a few weeks then I can be back on track and on my way to a better life.

Just take a few deep breaths and remember you're still healing. :)

Heather, this too will pass, you will overcome it because you are strong. You have made this decision for a healthier life and it will not come easy. Just take the time you deserve to heal and you will reap the rewards,. Now next week after my surgery, I may need someone to tell that back to me. LOL!!!

I feel bad for all the struggles you are going through this week. It worries me because my surgery in is 15 days. What I try to think about is the "big picture". Many people say the first 4 weeks are rough but once you are done with them, it's smooth sailing! Feel better!

Hi! The only thing I discovered that made the preop and post op (sleeve done February 3) a little more tolerable was to use the Atkins advantage shakes as Creamer in my Decaf coffee. It tasted pretty good, actually, with a Splenda. Whoever said that in first month depression is common makes me feel much better. It's been tough....

That's a good idea using it as creamer. I'm now coffeeless for 7 days!! Been debating on if I wanna start having a little again. But I'm passed the withdrawal headaches so I'm not sure

I am 5 weeks post op

How are you feeling? Congrats!

I am day three post op today i had some greek yogurt my doc said i could go right to pureed foods but i did not feel ready just trying to get my Protein in. My 10 day liquid was tough day one and ten day i had gotten huge headache probably detoxing from the 200 grams of carbs daily (i have been using lose it app to track food) thank goodness i was able to take an excedrin migraine! Day before surgery no protein Clear Liquids was tough felt hunger pangs but figured i had enough fat to survive the day (ha ha!) in the end i did a good liquid diet doc said my left lobe shrunk and he said that helped surgery go well i was not supposed to eat but i had a piece of grilled chicken the first couple of nights and then on occasion at night I also had a yogurt everyday finally five days before surgery we had a big party and I had a piece of steak shrimp and chicken and my liver still shrunk! I guess no fat / carbs is the trick i figured post op protein is the key so that's what i did pre op i was hardly hungry and drank a lot of everything.

I am day three post op today i had some greek yogurt my doc said i could go right to pureed foods but i did not feel ready just trying to get my Protein in. My 10 day liquid was tough day one and ten day i had gotten huge headache probably detoxing from the 200 grams of carbs daily (i have been using lose it app to track food) thank goodness i was able to take an excedrin migraine! Day before surgery no protein clear liquids was tough felt hunger pangs but figured i had enough fat to survive the day (ha ha!) in the end i did a good liquid diet doc said my left lobe shrunk and he said that helped surgery go well i was not supposed to eat but i had a piece of grilled chicken the first couple of nights and then on occasion at night I also had a yogurt everyday finally five days before surgery we had a big party and I had a piece of steak shrimp and chicken and my liver still shrunk! I guess no fat / carbs is the trick i figured post op protein is the key so that's what i did pre op i was hardly hungry and drank a lot of everything.

Glad everything went well. I'm starting day 13 today.

Glad everything went well. I'm starting day 13 today.

Fab!!!! You're almost done!!!!!!! Ahh!!!!!

I'm having a reg sized bowl of strained Chinese hot n sour soup!!!!! My taste buds are in heaven!!!! But still very surprised that I can drink as much of Soups and broths as I can. Good news... I'm 18 lbs down since day 1 of my pre op. 5 of which I've lost since surgery!

Wahoo! Congrats on the weight loss.