Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my first meeting with surgeon next week, is it a good idea to bring my wife too? I feel she's going to be dealing with my moods as I make changes, and I'll be relying on her spport during the callenges. Did anyone else include their spouse?

Yes! Absolutely! My hubby went with me and learned so much. He has been my rock and biggest cheerleader. A supportive spouse is a gift. Cherish it!

Best of luck to you!

Absolutely! Mine was with me at every step of the way! Encourage them to write any questions in a notebook so they remember when you get in the appointment. I always find myself getting nervous talking with the doctor and forget the important questions that are on my mind. Also include your spouse in things like support group meetings as well as your doctors appointments, even small things like measurements, photos, meal planning. They are going to be your own private support network a fingertip away. Good luck and keep coming to this site! Its wonderful!

I took my hubby to a couple of things. I say do it! It's great to have support.

To me, it's a great idea. My husband went w/me to the pre-op appointment, met the dr, asked questions and has been a great support. Always helps to have your spouse on your cheering team !

Definitely! In order for your spouse to be your strongest supporter, he or she must be well informed and comfortable with your journey. My husband had several questions for the Dr. I am 7 weeks post - op, feeling great! He encourages me daily!!

my husband was very much involved at first. he learned about all 3 surgeries so together we decided on which surgery. he helped keep me on track pre surgery since it took over 2 years to complete all my doctor rounds. trouble seems to follow me. he never found out how much i weighed though. i don't want him to know. i still don't even though he isnt a dumb man so he can guess it. but because he knows the lengths i will go to to stop him from knowing we don't talk about wt. loss. but he does help me when i am eating. like telling me to slow down, or smaller bites etc. so having your spouse educated is a excellent idea. good luck

My Wife was beside me every step of the way when I started the process with the informational seminar back in September of 2011. She joined the banded ranks herself in September 2013. Support is so big in this process and it really does begin at home.

Good Luck!

My husband went with me to seminar and office visits. He is my #1 supporter.

I did it all on my own. I felt my husband's disapproval of my being obese even if he never told me anything about that. I told him a few weeks before my surgery. He is skinned, has never had weight problems, and is easily satiated with small quantities of food. I often think he has a band..around his brain.

But if your wife is supportive and you feel better if you can share your decision with her, why not? Travelling alone (I compare my banded life to a long journey) can be a bit hard and a bit sad.

I see you have a Latin nickname..I studied Latin for 8 years...

I did it all on my own. I felt my husband's disapproval of my being obese even if he never told me anything about that. I told him a few weeks before my surgery. He is skinned, has never had weight problems, and is easily satiated with small quantities of food. I often think he has a band..around his brain.

But if your wife is supportive and you feel better if you can share your decision with her, why not? Travelling alone (I compare my banded life to a long journey) can be a bit hard and a bit sad.

It's supposed to mean (loosley translated) "Conquer or die" did I get it right?

I

It's supposed to mean (loosley translated) "Conquer or die" did I get it right?

Right!!!!

"vincere" means " to win".

I'm sure you 'll win

Absolutely! This procedure & the journey ahead is going to be a big part of your life & his life by default. I included my hubby right from the start. My lapband has affected both our lives in ways that we would never have expected. Because of it, we BOTH are different people & have grown (and shrunk, LOL) together.