Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been quite the journey these past 7 months. I have learned a lot about just how much I did eat and how nasty it is to sit on the sidelines watching people eat what used to be my norm and then some and think omg how can they just keep eating.. That's so much food!

I feel like I'm even more self critical then I was.. Sometimes I look at myself and even though I've lost over 80lbs and a size 12 down from a 22 I feel so fat! Jiggly bits of skin here and there.. More frustrated at the scale.. Like why won't it move.. Damn it to hell!!

I have no regrets in doing the surgery but I am getting tired of trying all the time. Sometimes it feels like I committed to a permanent diet and get frustrated when I go to a fancy restaurant and have to run and throw up because I had just a bit more than my body could handle.

Just trying to find happiness within myself and new body..

post-180004-0-96684000-1390934667_thumb.jpg

It is a life long challenge for sure. You look awesome though so I guess there is a trade off! Keep up the good work!

You look awesome and about 10 years younger. Gorgeous eyes as well. :)

You look great. And down to a 12 from a 22 - an inspiration!

This is such a long journey - and really for me the emotional/mental part is so much harder than I expected. There are days when I don't want to be a weight loss surgery patient; I just want to be "normal". "Normal" in that I want to eat what I want, not wait to drink before or after, and most importantly not think about where I am at for the day on Protein before making my decision on what to eat. I know what I just wrote IS my new normal, but sometimes, I want to rebel against that.

I hope things get better for you. You should be proud of your accomplishments!!!!

14 months out and sometimes I wish my restriction was as good as 7 to 10 months out. There are days that I have to restrict myself. I believe it gets better. Hang in there.

I am 7 months post op and I totally understand your frustration right now. I think we go through periods of this and it must be totally normal. Think about the times you have been on a diet and did well only to get frustrated, give up and gain it back. Well this is no different except it is much more permanent with the potential to gain it back if you cheat the sleeve. You must fight this frustration and overcome it. Each time you do this you will get stronger and more confident with your new life. Change up some recipes, go to a grocery store like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods they are fun to go to and you can really find some new foods that will work for you. Buy yourself a new outfit to Celebrate that beautiful new figure you are sporting. Remember you are doing terrific and we are here to support you! I am fighting the good fight also. Don't let the losing weight slower get to you it is still coming off and you look fantastic!! :)

I am 7 months post op and I totally understand your frustration right now. I think we go through periods of this and it must be totally normal. Think about the times you have been on a diet and did well only to get frustrated, give up and gain it back. Well this is no different except it is much more permanent with the potential to gain it back if you cheat the sleeve. You must fight this frustration and overcome it. Each time you do this you will get stronger and more confident with your new life. Change up some recipes, go to a grocery store like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods they are fun to go to and you can really find some new foods that will work for you. Buy yourself a new outfit to Celebrate that beautiful new figure you are sporting. Remember you are doing terrific and we are here to support you! I am fighting the good fight also. Don't let the losing weight slower get to you it is still coming off and you look fantastic!! :)

The thing is Id love to cheat for let's say even a day.. I miss drinking soda, used to drink diet soft drinks all the time.. And have not touched a drop since pre-op I'm sick of Snapple, and water.. Can't seem to find a satisfying replacement ... I of course knew the long term commitment here but I guess I've got the 7 month itch.. Getting bored of everything and nothing all the same. The awful weather isn't helping.. I don't know what else to make to switch it up..

The thing is Id love to cheat for let's say even a day.. I miss drinking soda, used to drink diet soft drinks all the time.. And have not touched a drop since pre-op I'm sick of Snapple, and Water.. Can't seem to find a satisfying replacement ... I of course knew the long term commitment here but I guess I've got the 7 month itch.. Getting bored of everything and nothing all the same. The awful weather isn't helping.. I don't know what else to make to switch it up..

Try drinking some brewed ice tea with lemon. It's not anything like Snapple which I got sick of pretty quick. I wouldn't suggest giving yourself a treat right now because you seem kind of vulnerable at the moment. If you fell off the diet wagon you might keep going for a week or so before you pulled yourself together. When you feel stronger and know you can go back to your eating routine then you might partake in a special day. Try this website for some new food ideas www.theoworldaccordingtoeggface.com and see if that will help you with some new ideas. I really do think it is a 7 month itch and we just have to get past it. You might also try some fruit infused water.....google it. I really can't help but think if we can get past this point it will make us stronger and more resolved in our life change. I expect that this will happen to us from time to time at least we know what it is and hopefully can deal with it. :)

I agree--it must be 7-month itch! I've really gone through it for over a month! I had surgery on December 12 (2 weeks before the 6-month mark), and got off my normal routine. Then came Christmas with a beautiful cake I was stupid enough to bake! I ended up gaining 4 pounds between then and last Monday, when I crawled back on the wagon and am back to my lowest weight this morning. I have a checkup coming up next Monday and am so sad I won't be at the point I had hoped to be when I saw my surgeon again, but don't think there's any way I can lose 6 pounds in the next week!

I've lost so much mojo not reaching my first goal I set for myself which was to be in onederland by New Years I've made it to 205 and I'm so insanely annoyed I maybe loose a pound a week even being a 1000% perfect taking Vitamins eating right and exercising I stall and stall and really start hating myself feeling fat and useless all over again

Twinzrule, that's exactly where I'm stuck--and according to my doctor I should be at 199 by next Monday. I'm so disappointed because it's the first time I've not been ahead of his schedule! And, of course, that magic onederland was a huge goal for me, too!

It soooo close yet soooo far ... I've stopped going to the dr ages ago they kept me waiting for hours only to weigh me and ask if I had questions and that was that. I couldn't keep asking my husband or hiring a sitter for appointments I felt were 100% pointless

I agree--it does seem like a waste of time going back and forth for those checkups, especially when it's 3 hours each way like my doctor is! But every time I've gone my Protein levels have been too low, so I keep going for checkups. I'm eating between 80 and 120 grams of Protein, but evidently my body doesn't absorb it well, so I keep trying to get it up to the right levels, hoping to eventually get some hair growing!

They never did more blood on me to check anything.. Just had blood done by a different dr nothing vsg related and had very low D