Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Months so far, is this normal?

No because at first I lost about 20lbs in the first week then after that it slowed down tremendously. so technically in about three months (I got my surgery in early november) I've only lost 20lbs she nor me were expecting it to be that slow.

I had weight loss surgery...not lets make a miracle surgery....

I am ALWAYS happy with any weight loss or down movement on the scale...plus a very wise woman keeps reminding me that inches lost with my clothes is a loss as well (thanks CG).

Wishing you all the success in the world and hope your nutritionist doesnt have unrealistic expectations for you...after all who had the WLS...you or her!

Good luck...will be interested to see her reasoning for why you are NOT being successful!

You said you are eating mostly salads. Have you added up the calories of all the ingredients individually and measured them out. Salads can be deceptive! They can really hide a lot of calories that you don't realize you are eating. Just a thought.

I started at 252 - I am now 232. In 4 months!! You do the math. I lost 10 lbs the week after surgery then nothing for the longest time although I was following the rules with Water and exercise. I wasn't weighing my meals though...

If you look at my signature, you will see that I have had 5 fills so far and that I am now at 9.2 cc in my band. I have only recently (in the last 2 weeks) started to really lose weight. I have dropped almost 6 lbs in 2 weeks.

What I am getting at is that everyone is different, we will all lose different based on our starting weight, lifestyle, etc....

Also, getting to your green zone makes all the difference in the world!! You will know once you are there - believe me!

Just have patience...I know that's hard because it was for me when I was hearing it...but really you will get there. :)

I don't add anything really. I have a spinach salad, I use fresh lemon juice and onions and pepers.

I'm not expecting miracles! I'm doing all the work it just doesn't seem normal which I was told it wasn't .. It's not the unappreciative like c'mon on 19 and go to college full time, I'd love to look amazing for the frat boys lol jk but no so I can finally go to the doctors and don't have to hear him say also that I need to lose some weight or having fear of becoming diabetics. I truly take this as a blessing. Which is why I TRYING to do my best and asking for advice but tbh I feel as if I am also getting much criticism as well. Like I did do this with expectations much like anyone else, I got a map on how MY journey would be post op and that I'm not on tract with is suppose to be happening yes I am concerned so asked...

I don't add anything really. I have a spinach salad, I use fresh lemon juice and onions and pepers.

I'm not expecting miracles! I'm doing all the work it just doesn't seem normal which I was told it wasn't .. It's not the unappreciative like c'mon on 19 and go to college full time, I'd love to look amazing for the frat boys lol jk but no so I can finally go to the doctors and don't have to hear him say also that I need to lose some weight or having fear of becoming diabetics. I truly take this as a blessing. Which is why I TRYING to do my best and asking for advice but tbh I feel as if I am also getting much criticism as well. Like I did do this with expectations much like anyone else, I got a map on how MY journey would be post op and that I'm not on tract with is suppose to be happening yes I am concerned so asked...

Don't get discouraged is the bottom line. You will get there. I didn't understand that even 3 weeks ago - now I do!

We are here to support you. The most important thing is remember the basics:

1) 3 small meals a day + 1 snack (meals only 4 oz - by weight not volume)

I had to go back to weighing my meals because I got lazy

2) at least 64 oz of Water EVERY day

3) at least 30 minutes of exercise 3-5 days a week (I only walk 2 miles 4-5 days a week)

If you are doing these 3 things, the rest will come. Good luck with your journey :)

Thank you! I truly appreciate it a lot. Like I've been asking around some people are saying eat every three hours, some say when you get hungry but you do sound right. So thank you.

My doctor also just told me at my last visit to make my 4 oz. meals - 3 oz of Protein and 1 oz of whatever else (veggies, fruit, etc.)

That's just from my doctor so you can use it or not...Always double check with your team

Also, I too expected better weight loss in the beginning and had no results for the LONGEST time so I feel your frustration. Trust me! It will happen.

Edited by NewMeDebbie

Please dont take it as criticism....all doctors and their support staff have a different protocol...I'm just confused by the "map" your were shown about how your weight loss was going to be. If you could explain that map to me, I'm curious. I just don't understand how you can be given a map when there are so many variables....what you eat, how you exercise, your time of month etc. etc.

I feel sad that you seem to be putting so much stress on yourself that you "are not doing it right" when there is no right, in my opinion...you are losing....AND THAT IS RIGHT!!

Hang in there and PLEASE let us know what your nutritionist tells you....we are here to support you!

no, being that I lost about 15-20 lbs with the not eating thing after surgery, I'm only losing about 1lb a week and I am moderately active

My surgeon said that 4 lbs a month is the expected weight loss average. That's 4 lbs a month. This is not the show The Biggest Loser. As Carolinagirl said. A loss is a loss. I'm over a year post surgery and I'm losing slowly but I'm losing. I'm down 80 lbs but still have 60 to goal. It is very slow so I'm being patient. Good luck to you.

You are doing fine. Our body does not start loosening fat in the first go. It starts with mild fat cells also called Water fat. That is the first thing we lose. Then, comes the actual fat deposits. It starts slowly, and in time speeds up when we do not have much fat left in our body. So, no need to worry. All the best.

Okay, so this is my first posting on here. Don't know if I am doing this in the right area or whatever. I'm Alex I got my surgery in November, my starting weight was 246 I am now about 205/210 I keep fluctuating those 5 lbs. I'm primarily eating salads really and completely changed my eating habits. I only eat lean Protein and although I don't drink as much Water as I should I am increasing it slowly. I've received about three fills so far. To me, it doesn't seem as if I am losing weight as fast as I have seen others losing which does have me very concerned. I wasn't expecting to only be at 205 by now, I was I'd be losing 1-2lbs per weeks as my nutritionist told me before I got the surgery. I've mad tremendous accomplishments so far like my pants size has gone down to a size 12 from 16 and my shirt to a medium/large but my belly is still as big as ever. lol can come one please just tell me if I am doing something wrong possibly? or is this normal? Also I have incorporated some exercise not as much as I was hoping because the gym out here is ridiculously expensive and I am 19 and a college student. So, I was waiting to go back to school to join the planet fitness up there.

Hi Ahanna

I also was banded at the beggining of november (6) I really do not understand you concern yo lost almost 40 pounds , I believe more than me because the day of my surgery my weight was 253 and now I am at 222 and I am happy with my results better than I expected, just remember is a proccess if you doctor explained how the band works you should remember the lost will be slow but concistent 1 to 2 pounds at week , good luck .

Also, remember...you can't judge your weight loss against someone else's. That person's weight, height, and other physiology is different from yours from the start. Everyone's journey will be different so you will lose at different rates. The more weight you have to lose, the faster it will come off in the beginning.

Don't beat yourself up. You are doing fabulous! Just wait until this time next year, you won't even remember the person you are now... And these crazy fears will seem so silly then :)

Hey girl, I had my surgery a little bit after you but my surgeons office told me not to mind the scale since women can fluctuate 10 _ 15 lbs. During our cycles just from Water weight. They told me to keep up with my measurements once a month. They said that with working out and extra Protein I should be building/ muscles which is good since muscles help burn more fat :) anyways congratulations on your loss. Were in it together ;)

Don't get discouraged. You are doing amazingly well. I was banded Sept. 30 and I am only just now down 31 pounds. I hit a plateau in Dec and the scale did not move again until this week. Every day I weigh I hope I am down, but if the scale doesn't move I know I am still doing good since my clothes are getting loser. Sometimes you are tightening muscles (losing inches) instead of losing fat. It is all positive changes. Good luck and keep positive.