Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! Just starting out!

Hi, my name is Lynne and I'm just getting started on my wls journey. I have two education sessions this week coming up and my first appointment the following week. I'm planning on bypass but will come to a complete decision after speaking with the bariatric folks. Very excited to get started! So, I'm a wife to Jim for 16 years (almost) and have a 9 year old son. Also two cats and a dog! Can't forget my furbabies! I've been battling my weight most of my life to some degree. My most severe issues started once I hit college. Like everyone here, I've run the gammut of diets! I've done low carb, low cal, liquid, etc. Lost a lot and gained A LOT back! I'm so very ready to reclaim my life and participate and not just watch! I'm a bit of a shy person until I get comfortable so please, if I have a slow start here it's just me being socially awkward lol Really looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our journeys together!

Welcome minilyn2b.... I just joined this week too. Everyone here seems to be very nice, knowledgeable and very friendly!!! Good luck on your journey!!! :))

Hello Minilyn

Welcome and good luck on your journey.

Do you have any idea how long you'll have yo wait for your surgery?

Mine is next week, 29th January...

Xx

Hi Bella and SnowDaisy! Thanks for the welcome! Well, I'm shooting for a late June surgery date because I work in a preschool and want to wait until school is done for the summer. I'd love to do it sooner than that if I could but I really can't do that to my coworkers and I really don't want to lose my job. I love working with the little kiddos! They're so cute! Bella, how far along are you towards your surgery? Snow, that's so awesome that your surgery is this week! You must be so excited! Good luck on Wednesday!

Well I'm excited and anxious all at the same time. Been in a low mood all week. I guess it's just nerves.

As scared as I am, I would be devastated if it was taken away from me lol.

Are you going to do a pre op diet? I suppose you'll find all that out after your meetings though.

Lots of luck

Xx

Welcome aboard Miniltn! I am 4 years out from RNY gastric bypass and am happy with my decision. Waiting until June is fine because by then your mind will be prepared and your body will be ready too. Keep us informed. All the best to you.

I meant Minilynne!

Welcome! I'm fairly new as well...3 weeks post op and down 44lbs! It was a rough start but the best decision by far! I'm so glad I decided to do it. I won't lie...it's not the easiest thing in the world, but so worth it!

Snow, I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a pre op diet but yeah, don't know the specifics just yet. I'm sure you're anxious. I can't imagine not being anxious! You're right though, it'll be so worth it.

Katie, thanks! That is another big factor for waiting until June. I want to make sure I understand everything before heading into it. I know there are some things you just can't prepare though.

Dani, that is fantastic! Sorry to hear you had a rough start but it sounds like you're off and running now!

Welcome MiniLynne, I also am just starting out. Met with my surgeon a week ago, start my pre-testing in just over a week. I first need to have a D&C due to polyps (caused by obesity), second procedure since Oct 2013. Yet another reason to have WLS. My surgeons plan is for mid March, no pre-surgical dieting needed other then the liquids before surgery. Keep up posted.

Hi MiniLynne....this is a very informative board. I have learned a lot. I am fairly new too. Hoping to have my RNY and my band removed early April. It is exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Can't wait to start my new life, be healthier and get to be more active in all the kids and grandkids lives. Good luck!

Mimilynne... Welcome really to all you newbies! Wishing you all the best in the months ahead! Seems just a minute ago I was full of nerves and questions.... I had RNY on Nov 18th and am down 52 # and never looking back.. Did not have to do any pre op diet but ins required the classes, meeting with NUT and nurses for 6 months. So glad they did as post op ...." I got it".. The forums here will be so helpful and supportive! Here's to becoming a loser! Lol

Minilynne... I am meeting with my surgeon on 3/10. It's a 4-5 hour day. I see the surgeon, the nutritionist, and the group meeting as well. I was offered an earlier appt in feb but my sleep study isn't until 2/14/14 and the follow up isn't until 2/27. I wanted to make sure all my physicians paper work was complete and my sleep study was done. I am anxious, but know the "delay" is necessary. I want to avoid all and any red tape if I can.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and words of encouragement!

Bella, that's a long day! lol It's good that you get everything done in one shot though! That's great! My appointments are going to be spaced out a bit. Something like one a month. Which for me is fine because I'm not going to be able to do this until late June. I've been wondering, does everyone have to do a sleep study? Or is that decided on an individual basis as needed?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and words of encouragement!

Bella, that's a long day! lol It's good that you get everything done in one shot though! That's great! My appointments are going to be spaced out a bit. Something like one a month. Which for me is fine because I'm not going to be able to do this until late June. I've been wondering, does everyone have to do a sleep study? Or is that decided on an individual basis as needed?

Hi MiniLynne2b! And welcome!

I did not have to have a sleep study. It was mentioned at the seminar that I attended in July 2013 but not sure what criteria they look at in determining who needs one. I did, however, have six months of nutrition classes, pulmonary testing, ekg, ecg, stress test, upper GI, ultrasound of gall bladder and liver, psychological evaluation and several rounds of bloodwork.

Congratulations on taking the first step.