Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit my 9 month mark--almost to goal weight before/after photos

Water even hurts! Feeling sad... but still no buyer's remorse on the surgery. Please keep me in your prayers for easier digestion/no pain.

This too shall pass!

It was 4 months before I could drink Water without feeling like someone tossed a rock in a pond to create waves in the water.

I kept trying each day with a few sips and finally it just happened. Now I can pretty much drink as before surgery. Was not sure it was going to be that way again since it took so long.

I had no problem drinking hot Decaf coffee or tea but could not do room temp (my usual) or iced beverages.

Weird but didn't want you too think it was permanent!

Good luck with your journey!

Sorry didn't read beginning post I love how you have over came all of your adverse conditions to sucessfully lose your wt. You look fantastic, I know you will lose those few remaining lbs that you want off. I hope that I'm as successful as you've been on reaching my goal wt which is 85 more lbs to go. Best wishes. Louise

Sorry didn't read beginning post I love how you have over came all of your adverse conditions to sucessfully lose your wt. You look fantastic, I know you will lose those few remaining lbs that you want off. I hope that I'm as successful as you've been on reaching my goal wt which is 85 more lbs to go. Best wishes. Louise

Congratulations you are even more beautiful than you were preop! :)

Hello All:<br><br> It's been a few months since I've been on this forums, but all those who had gone through the VSG before me and gave me such wonderful advise and encouragement--I wanted to say THANK YOU!<br><br> I am at my 9 month mark post surg, and I have maneuvered through the maze of adopting a whole new relationship with "eating" and healthy lifestyle and I wanted to put myself out there for anyone who would like some encouragement or anyone who has questions about the procedure (positive and negative). According to my surgeon I am in the <10% who have experienced some unwanted effects of the procedure--BUT given even the (at times) struggle with those negative effects--I would do this all over again to LIVE this wonderful life I have now. <br><br> I have lost 76lbs, started at 222 and I am now 146.<br> From BMI of 39.4 to new BMI 25.2<br> From size 16 to size 6.<br> I no longer use a CPAP because I no longer have sleep apnea.<br> My back pain is (mostly) gone.<br> I can walk up flights of stairs w/o feeling like I was going to pass out!<br><br> If anybody out there has had the sleeve or is considering the sleeve--please use me as support!<br><br> I am still losing weight (I would like to lose 12 lbs more) and I am toning my body up.<br><br> I've attached a picture from my birthday in 2013 right before my surgery and a picture from Thanksgiving of this year (about 6.5 months post sleeve). I will try to get some more recent pictures taken.<br><br><br><br> . Before<br><br><br><br><br> . In progress

You are such an inspiration Tuesday I am 3 weeks out and like you same start weight where your at is my goal please keep me updated as I'm so excited to see how amazing you look! What were some of the hardest things you had to learn? I'm so scared to start eating afraid I won't lose or get sick I'm afraid of learning what my sleeve will tolerate! Looking great and keep the updated going! Congrats!

Hi Suko67,

You made a huge transition! You look awesome. Beautiful, both before & after surgery. ;) Thanks for your testimony. I need a little support. I can't drink liquids without experiencing pain in my sleeve. I'm still freshly out of surgery, at just 4 days post-op, but worried. I passed the bariatric swallow test and also suffered some nausea. Water even hurts! Feeling sad... but still no buyer's remorse on the surgery. Please keep me in your prayers for easier digestion/no pain.

It's early days and I found the first couple of weeks were the worst. It will get easier drinking, your stomach is numb, raw and swollen and I promise it will ease off as it settles down.

Persevere with getting Water in, Protein second - and try to keep moving.

Congratulations on the surgery, hope it goes well for you :-)

Ps Suko67, you look AMAZING! I am 9 months out on Thursday - no regrets at all...

Sweet success looks fabulas on you!! Really 46 never looked so good!

So glad you posted! I am at 222 (possibly a few more now due to food funerals, lol) and am 2.5 weeks from my surgery date. I am so ready and seeing your great results and positive attitude even with all the complications you had is so encouraging. Thank you!

<p>Congrats!! I love reading success stories..and I especially loved yours! I am starting at approximately your start weight and we look around the same age and same body type. It really gives me hope and encouragement when I am wondering if wls is the right path for me</p> <p> </p> <p>Great Job...You were beautiful before and after...but the after photo exudes confidence as well as beauty!</p>

I did have some major regrets in the horrible days immediately post surgery, but I can honestly say that at age 46, (post surg) I felt like I had already lived/experienced the best part of life-and it was going to be just downhill from there !! ;(

Now, I feel and believe there is so much more :)

ahead! I have been blessed by NEW Life!!

Don't let anyone tell you that VSG is taking the easy way !

Do your research and get support from those around you!! You WILL make the right decision!!

I am 44 and also feel like I am on the downslope of my life...which I sincerely hope is inaccurate! I feel like I have wasted so much energy on my weight....It is on the forefront of my mind all. the. time...it is my excuse for being lonely, my excuse for not making enough money, my excuse to not participate, my excuse for everything....I am looking forward to the day when my weight, my eating habits, my body is not the main focus of my life.

I love reading success stories...makes my decision to get sleeved so much easier!

You look GOOD honey.....keep up the good work....46 YOU LOOK GOOD....I hope that we all have a successful surgery and maintenance......Good luck everyone

Hi Suko67,<br> You made a huge transition! You look awesome. Beautiful, both before & after surgery. ;) Thanks for your testimony. I need a little support. I can't drink liquids without experiencing pain in my sleeve. I'm still freshly out of surgery, at just 4 days post-op, but worried. I passed the bariatric swallow test and also suffered some nausea. Water even hurts! Feeling sad... but still no buyer's remorse on the surgery. Please keep me in your prayers for easier digestion/no pain.

Hi Finally Thin:

Congratulations on accomplishing your first step in your journey--and I hope you can take solace in knowing that it DOES get better. I can tell you that, myself, 4 days post op I was still NPO (nothing by mouth) and still totally relied on IVs for Fluid in the hospital at 4 days post-op because of the extreme nausea--and it DID get so much better. When my docs finally eased me to Clear Liquids, it was sooo wonderful to "taste again!!"

So with my extreme nausea my docs told me that when I advanced my diet per usual, but then became nauseous again--to go back a stage (from full liquid back to clear liquid etc). This really has been useful info. 9 months later. If I eat something that "hurts" I take that food OUT of my diet regime once again. I just realize that even if some sleeved people can eat salad at 3 months post op and be just fine--it's okay that I can't tolerate those rough, raw veggies at 9 months post op. We all respond a bit differently--and that doesn't equate to a better response to the sleeve--we are all different. I am still happy with my sleeve :)

Some foods that help (still) are SF vanilla pudding and SF aloe Vera juice.

Hang in there! Thoughts and prayers for your health and healing tummy! :)

Water even hurts! Feeling sad... but still no buyer's remorse on the surgery. Please keep me in your prayers for easier digestion/no pain.

This too shall pass!

It was 4 months before I could drink Water without feeling like someone tossed a rock in a pond to create waves in the water.

I kept trying each day with a few sips and finally it just happened. Now I can pretty much drink as before surgery. Was not sure it was going to be that way again since it took so long.

I had no problem drinking hot Decaf coffee or tea but could not do room temp (my usual) or iced beverages.

Weird but didn't want you too think it was permanent!

Good luck with your journey!

Hi MIJourney,

Thank you so much for your canfidness and helpful testimony. I appreciate your advice more than you know! I'm such a newbie post-op and everyday following the surgery seems different from the day before. ;) trying to hang in there....good luck to everyone!